where will the R68's go????!

blkfire765

Those IRT NTT are a joke. Why when it rained hard a few days ago, water came into the cab through the cab door bottom. What kind of cheap seal was put on there? I was doing a Yankee baseball special, sitting and waiting on M track, when my cab tried to become an aquarium. Never had this happen on an R62 or 62A, yet.........

I can see the R62A (and R62 after getting an overhaul), outlasting the IRT NTT trains. I really think the hippos will outlast the R160 (and R179 if that even happens).........

I cannot lie the r62s are in excellent condition, but you really think they can last another 30 years seeing as if they will outlast the R142, which will be 10 years old soon?

lol Too bad the bucket seats dont have a hole in center like the buses. Cuz when it rains and people enter soakinh wet, and they get up from the seat makes it sound like they left a leak xD . Or the umbrella of course..

Have you ever experienced an R42 roof leak pouring all over a bench during a morning Rush? That's definitely worse than just one seat taken away. But regarding those holes on the bus seats, I've always thought that it was for a screw to fasten the seats onto the beam below it.

come on guys,by the looks of it,i think the R179 wont come until 2020 because of the MTA's budget.so i think it will be held back enough to replaced the R68/A

It doesn't matter about the (MTA)'s budget. The Federal Government gives the (MTA) money for it's new cars. I don't think the (MTA) paid 1 cent of the cost for the R160. Besides, the R44's are not lasting until 2020, and the R68A's will be only ~33 years old in 2020. They would be too young to be retired.

I think this topic NEEDs to be lock, PLEASE!. Im getting tired of the R179 and R188, all the time same bs, no offense, but come on... IDC about the damn future cars im worried about the SMEE being eating by the NTTs. Forget the R179!! Geez when will people learn. Most of the kids here keep talking the same bull. If you want it go to the (MTA) and see if they are gonna care about it, like they rly gonna care, cuz we are dealing WITH the R160s forget later, think now!

R179

R188

(V) To Brooklyn

(V) via Culver Local

No more! Wait LATER! (Except for (V) never happening lol)

Sightly off topic, maybe its just me. It seems like we ran out of new stuff to discuss about the NYC subway. The way its going this forum (Well, the subway portion of it a least) is going to end up like Strappies, soon were going to have fan club threads for each subway line and car class. Recently, it seems like every thread related to the subway turns into an dispute over the R179s and R188s and what lines they will run on. Maybe its because the Subway is boring right now and theres nothing interesting to discuss about current happings in the NYC subway. This is just my guess and opinion.

I think this topic NEEDs to be lock, PLEASE!. Im getting tired of the R179 and R188, all the time same bs, no offense, but come on... IDC about the damn future cars im worried about the SMEE being eating by the NTTs. Forget the R179!! Geez when will people learn. Most of the kids here keep talking the same bull. If you want it go to the (MTA) and see if they are gonna care about it, like they rly gonna care, cuz we are dealing WITH the R160s forget later, think now!

R179

R188

(V) To Brooklyn

(V) via Culver Local

No more! Wait LATER! (Except for (V) never happening lol)

Good post.

Sightly off topic, maybe its just me. It seems like we ran out of new stuff to discuss about the NYC subway. The way its going this forum (Well, the subway portion of it a least) is going to end up like Strappies, soon were going to have fan club threads for each subway line and car class. Recently, it seems like every thread related to the subway turns into an dispute over the R179s and R188s and what lines they will run on. Maybe its because the Subway is boring right now and theres nothing interesting to discuss about current happings in the NYC subway. This is just my guess and opinion.

One year ago when I left Subchat for here, I thought to myself, this forum is really good for transit discussion. One year ago later, today, I find that this place is not the same as the forum I saw a year ago. Many threads now get locked up because the threads somehow end up to talking about "V extension to Brooklyn" or the deal about the R179s or the R188s. We have expansion plans or service improvement plans that seem to go nowhere in reality. We need to do something.

Archived