Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BMT4Life

What should the MTA do with the V

The question for you guys is what should the MTA do about the V? I took the V one day because it arrived before an F did. To my surprise it terminated on the Manhattan bound side of 2nd Avenue. So I had to walk up the stairs and over to the Brooklyn bound side to wait for an F.

I've never taken the V into Queens so I don't know how useful it is there. Why not kill the V and just make extra F Culvers out of them. I think it would be the same exact thing.

Any time I am riding along 6 AV the V Train is always may favorite train to ride because I can always get a seat especially when its 2 AV Bound.

They have future plans in the works to Extend the V Service from 2 AV to Church Ave Bkyn and Extend the G service from Smith 9 St to Church Ave on the Culver Line.

I've never taken the V into Queens so I don't know how useful it is there. Why not kill the V and just make extra F Culvers out of them. I think it would be the same exact thing.

That would kind make sense. To me, the (V) is like the (R) even the though the (F) is a 6 Av local anyway. I don't really see a use for the (V) anyway. But then again, I don't use the (V) at all.

Any time I am riding along 6 AV the V Train is always may favorite train to ride because I can always get a seat especially when its 2 AV Bound.

They have future plans in the works to Extend the V Service from 2 AV to Church Ave Bkyn and Extend the G service from Smith 9 St to Church Ave on the Culver Line.

Three routes to Church Av that would be good. I would guess the express tracks would come into play there for the (G) or (V). If not, that would be a lot of stress for them poor local tracks.

Run it on weekends already!

Definitely; Traveling between East 53rd St / Lexington Av, and 5 Av , trying to get to 6 Av is annoying. Taking a World Trade Bound E to 7 Av/53 St, then back-tracking with a Brooklyn Bound D.

Make the V a culver express from Church Avenue to Kings Highway. leave the G as is. The G would just get in the way.

I think the G needs to be "extended" to Church Avenue, if you will - it used to run there until it was cut back to Smith-9th Streets in the '70s.

IMO, I think the V would have better ridership if it ran along the Jamaica Line. This is how it would work: it would basically be a combination of the V and the M. Under this plan, the V would become an 8-car train of 60-footers. It would use the Chrystie Street connection to switch from the 6th Avenue line to the Jamaica line and run to Metropolitan Avenue. However, this has its setbacks - the M (or V) wouldn't be able to run along the rest of Nassau Street, and not into Brooklyn. I don't know. Maybe a pilot program?

And the other option is, of course, run the V along Culver. The G should definitely be the local (if it was an express everyone owuld get off before Manhattan), and I think the V should be the express along with the F being local. Rush hour trips to Kings Highway for the F would be increased, and those F trains could be expresses. So let's say, if 20 F trains ran to Brooklyn, 10 of those trains could be run to Kings Highway (do that many people use the other stations?) and the other 10 can go to Stillwell Avenue. However, there's many problems with this being unfeasible. Oh well, any thoughts?

Heres my plan for the C/F/G/M/V Trains:

cfgmvchanges2.jpg

(C) Washington Heights - 168 St to Middle Village-Metropolitan Av, via CPW / 8 Av Local, West 4 St Crossover, Chrystie St ( needs rebuild) Willy B, Myrtle Av Local. Nights; Shuttle Metropolitan Av to Myrtle/Bdwy.

(F) Regular route; Crosstown-Culver Express, weekdays Jay Or Bergen Sts to Kings Highway, then Local to/from Coney Island. Culver Express: AM rush to Manhattan, PM Rush to Brooklyn.

(G) Extended Via Culver Local to Kings Highway or Avenue X, weekdays.

Weekends, and late nights to Church Av.

(M) replaces the (Z) between Jamaica Center and Myrtle Av. Runs normal between Myrtle Av and Chambers, Broad Sts, and / or Bay Parkway

(V) Replaces the (C) between West 4th St, and Euclid Av, via 6 av / 6av (8 Av) Local , Cranberry St tunnel, Fulton St Local, except late nights.

*This would mean the G would never see Queens Blvd , except late nights*

(Z) Suspended, replaced By (M)

That plan look like it could work but it's a bit confusing as it is. Plus the V-Train sucks! It never come when ur in Queens. Always like 5 R-Trains then a V. I got better luck walking to Roosevelt Avenue and catching an F!

This is what I look like waiting for the V Cept I'm A guy.

Lady__s_Stuck_by_TrizzThaDistantEdBoy.jpg

Heres my plan for the C/F/G/M/V Trains:

(C) Washington Heights - 168 St to Middle Village-Metropolitan Av, via CPW / 8 Av Local, West 4 St Crossover, Chrystie St ( needs rebuild) Willy B, Myrtle Av Local. Nights; Shuttle Metropolitan Av to Myrtle/Bdwy.

(F) Regular route; Crosstown-Culver Express, weekdays Jay Or Bergen Sts to Kings Highway, then Local to/from Coney Island. Culver Express: AM rush to Manhattan, PM Rush to Brooklyn.

(G) Extended Via Culver Local to Kings Highway or Avenue X, weekdays.

Weekends, and late nights to Church Av.

(M) replaces the (Z) between Jamaica Center and Myrtle Av. Runs normal between Myrtle Av and Chambers, Broad Sts, and / or Bay Parkway

(V) Replaces the (C) between West 4th St, and Euclid Av, via 6 av / 6av (8 Av) Local , Cranberry St tunnel, Fulton St Local, except late nights.

*This would mean the G would never see Queens Blvd , except late nights*

(Z) Suspended, replaced By (M)

That C route is just crazy. I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me.

That C route is just crazy. I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me.

Its cool. Everybody can state their opinion;)

All interesting options. The one option I really like is the one below by Eastman. Not too different from what I proposed. It requires little or no track work, surveying or tunneling. The express tracks on Carroll and Bergen would make great use then. The V can even run Culver local while the F would run Culver express until Kings Highway. This would make even better use as a one direction service during rush hours.

Make the V a culver express from Church Avenue to Kings Highway. leave the G as is. The G would just get in the way.

Its cool. Everybody can state their opinion;)

Everything else made sense. I would only change the G and V routes. Keep the V on the Culver and send the G down Fulton with the A.

Everything else made sense. I would only change the G and V routes. Keep the V on the Culver and send the G down Fulton with the A.

The G really cant access the A, because it meets up with the A Line in the opposite direction, at Hoyt-Schermerhorn.

I use the V all the time, as I live by the 46th St. station and work at Grand Central

I often take the V to destinations on the LES, which I would have to take multiple trains for if I used the R

it's also one of the only constructive ways to get to court square to catch the G(host) train to get to Brooklyn

if anything (A) it needs to run on weekends so I don't have to take three trains to get to Williamsburg (since they apparently have outright killed the G in Queens) an (:P stop magically becoming an express train without notice from time to time

I'll never understand people demanding service to an area of town (in which they usually don't live) be terminated

The G really cant access the A, because it meets up with the A Line in the opposite direction, at Hoyt-Schermerhorn.

Your right! That didn't make any sense.:P The V on the Fulton and the G on the Culver makes better sense.

Your right! That didn't make any sense.:o The V on the Fulton and the G on the Culver makes better sense.

yes sir :P

I use the V all the time, as I live by the 46th St. station and work at Grand Central

I often take the V to destinations on the LES, which I would have to take multiple trains for if I used the R

it's also one of the only constructive ways to get to court square to catch the G(host) train to get to Brooklyn

if anything (A) it needs to run on weekends so I don't have to take three trains to get to Williamsburg (since they apparently have outright killed the G in Queens) an (:P stop magically becoming an express train without notice from time to time

I'll never understand people demanding service to an area of town (in which they usually don't live) be terminated

Huh? (A) should run on weekends?

(A) runs on weekends already.....the (A) runs 24/7!

I think he was making 2 points about the V train stating that the V should run on weekends.

Bringing the G or the V into the culver full time would be cool and it would go into great use right from the start.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.