Belive it or not 160 on B soon maybe

Ghostnyc123

2 weeks ago in my resturant i waited on a man who is a ( hope i got this right) equipment manager at CI we spoke of all the diff train cars the apparent 179 that might come and we spoke of our dislikes and likes of 160s he also said that by the end of the year and also after CI gets the rest of the option order that (:( and (Q) will share 68 and 160

Any thoughts cause it seems like it is a possability he was telling the truth

Both the R68As (a small percentage of R68s) and R160Bs are stored at CI. It is quite possible to have the B and Q share the fleets, but then again the T/A wants the N and Q which runs together in Manhattan to be all R160B.

2 weeks ago in my resturant i waited on a man who is a ( hope i got this right) equipment manager at CI we spoke of all the diff train cars the apparent 179 that might come and we spoke of our dislikes and likes of 160s he also said that by the end of the year and also after CI gets the rest of the option order that (:( and (Q) will share 68 and 160

its like the same thing because if u ride he (Q) which has r160s its just the same with diffrent cars on the (:P. i dont think that the (:P is gona get it.............

its like the same thing because if u ride he (Q) which has r160s its just the same with diffrent cars on the (:(. i dont think that the (:P is gona get it.............

The (:P could use R160s. The R68s ruin the fun on the express run along Brighton because they are so slow! But since R32s are not going to come back to Coney Island then our days of fanning the Brighton with the RFW are long gone. But the R160s are not that bad because the crew don't cover the doors with newspapers or other crap, the view's just not that great.

I heard this in Febuary, This Plain has been in the air for a while, I hope the (:P gets R160's.

I'm not surprised. Makes it easier for the dispatcher to assign the cars in the AM. They should do the same thing with the (R) & (V) lines to make it easier for the dispatcher over at Jamaica.

When The R160s goes to those Lines in the Futrue, They will do that with the R46's when All The SMEE's are gone, The (V) will have the SMEE's until the end of the year.

When The R160s goes to those Lines in the Futrue, They will do that with the R46's when All The SMEE's are gone, The (V) will have the SMEE's until the end of the year.

So what you're saying is that the R42s are staying until 2010 after all.

The (:( could use R160s. The R68s ruin the fun on the express run along Brighton because they are so slow! But since R32s are not going to come back to Coney Island then our days of fanning the Brighton with the RFW are long gone. But the R160s are not that bad because the crew don't cover the doors with newspapers or other crap, the view's just not that great.

What's the speed difference between the R68 & R160s? The only reason I'd favor the R68 is 'cos they have the seats perpendicular to the windows, and that line has great views in Brooklyn. Almost gives you the feeling like you're on a commuter RR vs. the subway in places, especially on the (:P.

What's the speed difference between the R68 & R160s? The only reason I'd favor the R68 is 'cos they have the seats perpendicular to the windows, and that line has great views in Brooklyn. Almost gives you the feeling like you're on a commuter RR vs. the subway in places, especially on the (:(.

Speedometers are very unreliable. B/c of the fact that the R68/As are the heaviest of the system, they tend to accelerate much slower than the R160A/Bs. That's why passengers feel they are slow combined with their exceptional suspension.

So what you're saying is that the R42s are staying until 2010 after all.

I heard that from a T/O that spoke with the (V) GM, But They will mostlikely make it to 2010, Like a Slated before The Last SMEE won't be pulled from service between March-June of 2010. To Bring all of those R160A's will take a while, The R160B Op II will be done by october - November or sooner than that, the 1st 5 cars 9807-9811 is at CI right now.

I heard that from a T/O that spoke with the (V) GM, But They will mostlikely make it to 2010, Like a Slated before The Last SMEE won't be pulled from service between March-June of 2010. To Bring all of those R160A's will take a while, The R160B Op II will be done by october - November or sooner than that, the 1st 5 cars 9807-9811 is at CI right now.

I think I caught an entire train last week starting from R160B 9803 on the N last week at Union Square around 2:30pm to 3:00pm.

One way to get 160's on the (:P is to reverse the Baseball specials so that they come out of CIYD, and from there stage themselves on the Concourse, and then run in (B) service from 161st (Which they basically do anyway, but signed as "D"), and then just stay in service and lay back up at CI (instead of coming from Concourse, terminating at 2nd Ave, and then heading back).

I sent this in as a suggestion awhile ago.

I cant beleive sum of us denied Dianal the Cool on this, as he knew it was the (:P In testing..

Anyways im going to guess that the (Q) wont be 100% 160 in future.....?

Ok I'm mad. Everybody bashed poor Daniel when he said he caught a R160 (B) testing and now u guys are like oh it's a god that's a good idea. Oh lord...

It was not a test, cars get sent up to Concourse Yard for a wash.

Ah something new is happening.

Sometimes the more we speculate, the greater the actuality deviates from our theories.

It's best to wait and see. And here we have word that the R160s may show up on the B.

Right now, I'll say it can happen, but I will believe it 100% when I do see a R160 running on the B in revenue service from my own eyes, or from photographic/video proof.

I did hear that R160B Option III is supposed to bump all R68/A (Except Franklin Shuttle Cars) out of CI, and move to Pitkin giving them more R160B with Siemans Propulsion, and Giving them to the B/Q!

There isn't a third option order. The MTA in its documents, lists 1,662 R160s (the total number of cars of the base order and the two option orders). Also in its Capital plans, there is no mention of a third option order. New car procurements will be under the R179 fleet.

And I won't be surprised if it does come on the (:P. Sending R160s to Concourse for a car wash when they have it at Coney Island Yard (the largest of all subway yards in NYC.) This is probaly a cover up for testing them for revenue service on the (B).

I did hear that R160B Option III is supposed to bump all R68/A (Except Franklin Shuttle Cars) out of CI, and move to Pitkin giving them more R160B with Siemans Propulsion, and Giving them to the B/Q!
And...which source did you hear this from???

And I won't be surprised if it does come on the (:P. Sending R160s to Concourse for a car wash when they have it at Coney Island Yard (the largest of all subway yards in NYC.) This is probaly a cover up for testing them for revenue service on the (B).

That makes no sense. Who are they trying to hide the information from? The public? Nobody really cares that a Not In Service train goes up to get a car wash. It's all the same to them.

Plus, keep in mind that Coney Island might be congested at times.

Archived