If You Were A Bus Operator - B/O

EE Broadway Local

Here are a few of my choices.

B2- Not so much traffic and it uses RTS buses.

B100- Not too much traffic along this route and midday the buses are almost empty.

BM1-Not as much stress as driving a local route because people can't enter through the back door. You also don't have as many problems in the bus such as vandalism.

QM4-Almost no traffic in Queens and there is less driving in manhattan than the BM1.

In the city, any route that uses the Orion V basically, although I'd prefer a Castleton route.

I would really prefer to drive the N3, N6, N15, N19, N20, N24, N41, N43, N45, N49, N70, N72, N81, N94, or N95 though.

The MTA would love you as an employee for Long Island bus.

If I was to lose my mind and become a B/O I would work the BX12. That is the only line I rode end to end and said to myself its don't look too bad once you get Past 207 St and Fordham RD.

However I have talked to a lot of Bus Operators and a few of them got promoted to T/O in my class and you will never have to worry about me taken that job. I remember seeing one guy who got demoted back because he failed School car the guy was ready to cry talking about "its back to being with the bad school kids".

If I was to lose my mind and become a B/O I would work the BX12. That is the only line I rode end to end and said to myself its don't look too bad once you get Past 207 St and Fordham RD.

However I have talked to a lot of Bus Operators and a few of them got promoted to T/O in my class and you will never have to worry about me taken that job. I remember seeing one guy who got demoted back because he failed School car the guy was ready to cry talking about "its back to being with the bad school kids".

I don't know about the Bx12, during the rush hour. I prefer to steer clear of that line, but then again I did work the workhorse Bx1/2. Dave did those former B/Os (now T/Os) tell you some of the bad things about THAT yob, that I say I hate about that yob?

If I were to fail school car (and I won't, because it ain't an option), I wont be ready to cry. I WILL be balling like a husky small child being told I will get no desert for punishment. Water-works out the eyesockets, snot-a-runnin' from thy nose. I would cry so much and so hard, others would be embarrassed seeing ME cry. That is how much it would hurt me.

They were talking about how the Youths acting up and start fights and aviod the fare. Then cars cutting them off and those stinky people that come up and ask you a thousand questions while your trying to drive.

Those B/O's that made it to RTO and have no fear of going back are happier people even with the steal dust.

They were talking about how the Youths acting up and start fights and aviod the fare. Then cars cutting them off and those stinky people that come up and ask you a thousand questions while your trying to drive.

Those B/O's that made it to RTO and have no fear of going back are happier people even with the steal dust.

Steel dust don't smell that bad that's why. The youth, well B/Os know to not argue with them for the fare. That is MTA and a Union rule. LET THEM RIDE. Cars (especially those f-ing gypsy cabs, those non signaling, cutting to close, always blocking the bus stop, bastards), do cut us off too much.

As for stinky people, Dave read this for a chuckle if you haven't 12-9ed it already:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910

I would pick the X17 so I can take the Bus Lane on the Staten Island Expressway and not get a ticket.

I get a kick out of watching the poor saps that get onto that bus lane receive a ticket after seeing flashing lights in their rearview. Someone told me its a $110 ticket. Priceless!:P

As for a NYC bus, it would have to be a Staten Island express route also.

This might sound retarded but... any stories of people going from T/O to B/O?

Only when they get promoted from B/O to T/O, then get demoted or voluntarily go back from T/O to B/O. You get demoted if you fail school car, or could voluntarily go back if you don't like the new position. You have to request to go back to your old position within 20 working days, before the 12 month period in your new title expires.

Thats right! I know of only two B/O's that went back voluntary. They both came from Queens I forgot the name but it at Corona YD # 7 Line. One had 5 Years and the other 12 Years. Their reasons was they tought RTO was BS with some of our rules where you have to call Control Center for almost everything and one did got scaried after a speech they gave us saying we go BIE and don't investigate properly and it turns out you had a 12-9 and Move again you could face Jail.

I think one of the main reasons was it was going to be a big change going from a Bus Deport where they knew everyone to varous RTO locations where they will have to travel to diffrent locations and meet new people everyday. In RTO you can work with a C/R and never see them again. They don't like you to get relaxed as an Extra. Also their last beef was they claim if they have a problem in Busses they have a Union Rep at there work location unlike RTO where you can't find a Union Rep to save your life. The only RTO locations they have an office is at 180,130 Livingston, 2 Bway , and I heard they got one at Stillwell Terminal as of Dec 06. I only seen him after the union loss the Dues Check off. Any of the other Hundreds of RTO terminal location No union rep on site.

I don't know about the Bx12, during the rush hour. I prefer to steer clear of that line, but then again I did work the workhorse Bx1/2. Dave did those former B/Os (now T/Os) tell you some of the bad things about THAT yob, that I say I hate about that yob?

If I were to fail school car (and I won't, because it ain't an option), I wont be ready to cry. I WILL be balling like a husky small child being told I will get no desert for punishment. Water-works out the eyesockets, snot-a-runnin' from thy nose. I would cry so much and so hard, others would be embarrassed seeing ME cry. That is how much it would hurt me.

True story, a T/O from my Class(we never got along talked too much about his college degree's for my taste) overran Gun Hill Road South Bound on the 5 train..

Het got "Gun Shy" after that and was coming into stations grabbing a full service brake , relasing it and taking two pints of power to the 10 car marker..

Needless to say he started getting to terminals 10 to 15 minutes late and in the A Div forget that you are in trouble..

He was doing that for about a week when they got tired of it and Double-O-Sixed him..

On the platform for 1 month, came back to the road had a TSS in HIS cab and got to WDL 20 minutes late same stuff..

The TSS took his handles on the spot told him to report to Schoolcar at 130 Livingston Street the Next day(which means you are sh*t-canned they take your pass and ask you to "resign").

Since he was still on probation he was at the mercy of the MTA, and they wasnt merciful...

He was in the Mens Locker room at WDL crying like a baby, when i walked in and seen him i just shook my head, kept on walking..

Archived