Feds: Long Island man gave Al-Qaeda info on city subways, LIRR

Harry

The thing is, what information did this guy give?

hmm,good question. but it had to be something major

Pfft...please...I think if a major attack was going to be made on the subway system it would have happened already. 9/11...how much more damage could have been done if buildings collapsed in times square for example from plane crashes?

not really,they wanna attack us when were not gonna expect it,which can be 5 years or later from now. dont forget,they were planning to bomb the system back on thanksgivng and christmas in 2008,were we expecting that? No. why? because the terrorists warned us they were gonna attack and they didnt do it,it was just a scare to make us think that there plot failed and wouldnt do it anymore. but like I said,they wanna attack us when were not gonna expect it,and that scare back in 2008 was just to scare us and prep things up.

not really,they wanna attack us when were not gonna expect it,which can be 5 years or later from now. dont forget,they were planning to bomb the system back on thanksgivng and christmas in 2008,were we expecting that? No. why? because the terrorists warned us they were gonna attack and they didnt do it,it was just a scare to make us think that there plot failed and wouldnt do it anymore. but like I said,they wanna attack us when were not gonna expect it,and that scare back in 2008 was just to scare us and prep things up.

Well with that logic we should have been bombed back in Thanksgiving and Christmas of 08 since we weren't expecting that. It's not like its some big secret that our transit system is a major function of the city's activity. There's been enough information on the internet for some kind of attack on the subway system for the longest time. Now it's like everybody's just realizing this because of this particular story. It's like the swine flu scare. The threat of infection always exists and people don't start worrying about it till the media says something. This isn't much different at all.

To be honest with you, most of the information those crooks needed, are online. Track maps? Single line diagrams? Videos? Car diagrams? Schedules? Pictures of stations? They don't need any old Joe to inform them.

I saw your post earlier regarding this and nycsubway.org. most of the things you just said are on on there,and should be taken off there. I guarantee you at least one terrrorist in this world knows about that website.

I saw your post earlier regarding this and nycsubway.org. most of the things you just said are on on there,and should be taken off there. I guarantee you at least one terrrorist in this world knows about that website.

Do you realize how many terrorist attacks the FBI has stopped within the last 8 years? A lot. I think we can trust the FBI to stop terrorism, we don't need to take those down.

The site should not remove information simply because of a terrorist threat or fear that the terrorists may abuse it. And Maserati's right, many possible attacks or plots were stopped by the FBI.

oh please...calm down...this sort of irrational paranoia is exactly what allowed the administration of George W. Bush to strip down a lot of Americans freedoms over the past 8 years.

Archived