Weird (F) Route...

R160

I rode a R160 (F) train last Sunday and here is what it said:

(F) Queens BLVD EXP

(F) Fulton LCL

(F) Euclid Ave.

Was there construction or something? or were all the things just wrong?

(F) trains were being rerouted onto the (C). They send the (F) to Euclid Avenue on weekends when construction's going on at Jay Street (the outer portions at least).

You sure it didn't display 6th Av Local? It probably didn't. But, yeah, you had the "This is a Euclid Avenue-bound (F) train via the (C) line" announcements on the (F) this past weekend as part of the ©/(F)/(G) switcheroo.

Yes there was!

All(F)trains were running between 179 St Jamaica to Euclid Av via Fulton Local.

All(A)ran local between 168 St and Canal St and Express between Jay St and Euclid Av.

All(A)ran between 207 St and Howard Beach JFK Airport.

A shuttle bus ran from JFK airport and Racaway Pk B116 St or

Mott Av Far Rocaway non-stop.

From there a(S)shuttle ran between B116 St and Mott Av.

All(G)ran to Coney Island.

No©were running.

Yeah when this happens the (F) borrows R32s from the (C) and crap, while the (F) uses its R160s and R46s. The (G) will borrow extra Jamaica cars to make a full consist (10 R40Ms/R42s, 10 R32s, 8 R46s, some maybe from Coney Island). Surprisingly, the (F) on the (C) runs much more frequent than the (C) itself, what a pity.

Yeah when this happens the (F) borrows R32s from the (C) and crap, while the (F) uses its R160s and R46s. The (G) will borrow extra Jamaica cars to make a full consist (10 R40Ms/R42s, 10 R32s, 8 R46s, some maybe from Coney Island). Surprisingly, the (F) on the (C) runs much more frequent than the (C) itself, what a pity.

The (G) did not ran any 60ft cars as you said over the weekends. It was all R46's as I would know working the (G) both days.

Same here. I only saw R46s on the (G) that weekend.

I don't expect them to run anything other then R46's on the (G) this upcoming weekend as well. The next 2 weekends there are no G.O.'s running on the (G) that will effect it. The (G) will still only be going to Court Sq. since more track work in Queens. So (G) Court Sq. to Church Ave only.

I don't expect them to run anything other then R46's on the (G) this upcoming weekend as well. The next 2 weekends there are no G.O.'s running on the (G) that will effect it. The (G) will still only be going to Court Sq. since more track work in Queens. So (G) Court Sq. to Church Ave only.

That has to do with replacing the QB express tracks and isnt just a bs excuse to truncate the (G) right? When there arent anymore GOs will the (G) still be cut back? And what is taking the (MTA) so long to replace the Jay St connector?

does anyone if they are running this go to build teh connection at jay street between the(A)(C)(F) and®(M)and the metrotech station and also to fix the signals on the (F)between jay st and bergen st

The construction between Lawrence St (M)/® and Jay St-Borough Hall (A)/©/(F) is already underway. They've at the least made provisions at Lawrence St for the passageway.

The construction between Lawrence St (M)/® and Jay St-Borough Hall (A)/©/(F) is already underway. They've at the least made provisions at Lawrence St for the passageway.
That transfer would cut one train from my daily commute. I can't wait for it.

does anyone if they are running this go to build teh connection at jay street between the(A)(C)(F) and®(M)and the metrotech station and also to fix the signals on the (F)between jay st and bergen st

its also to finish the new tile work along the (F) tracks at Jay Street. the whole station is getting a rehab along with the new connector to the BMT

This is probably an already-answered question, but are they planning on installing any fresh air ventilation in Jay Street? The platforms are murder during the summer, and now may be the optimal time for such an undertaking?

Also, have they discussed remedying the drainage issues there? The entrance at the corner of Jay Street and the Fulton Street Mall is a pond at the bottom of the stairs, and there is always water leaking down onto the platforms when it rains.

I know that there are other stations with these issues, but with the station rehab and transfer going on now, I thought maybe they had considered resolving these problems.

This is probably an already-answered question, but are they planning on installing any fresh air ventilation in Jay Street? The platforms are murder during the summer, and now may be the optimal time for such an undertaking?

Also, have they discussed remedying the drainage issues there? The entrance at the corner of Jay Street and the Fulton Street Mall is a pond at the bottom of the stairs, and there is always water leaking down onto the platforms when it rains.

I know that there are other stations with these issues, but with the station rehab and transfer going on now, I thought maybe they had considered resolving these problems.

thats a good question. The work has been going on for months now. I guess only time will tell....

Archived