6 To Bowling Green

Abba

Nah I really doubt pilot program.

Pilot program would last for a month at least. Plus if this was during the day, it can delay the (4)(5).

Might be track work or station imrpovement around BK Bridge and /or City Hall Loop...

Seems like a good G/O to do. Maybe Ill do it lol

It has to be. First if it were a pilot program it would be during the day. Second the (4)(5) and (6) couldn't all run together on 2 tracks south of BB during the day

Agreed i am 99% sure it construction. The only way the #6 should ever be extended to Bowling Green imo should be when the (5)is not running late nights. Down the road when the ecomony improves if the TA does not want to run the (5) 24/7 to/from Manhattan extending the (6) to Bowling Green late night like during the late 1960's/early '70's is not bad idea mainly for SI Ferry riders.

This is very likely a GO. The loop probably needs a spruce up so it will be closed.

This can't be a pilot project because you would have to send 3 subway lines down this section. I'm not sure if the section is capable of handling those three subway lines on a day-to-day basis. There could be some capacity issue.

I heard that four guys with colorful last names are hijacking the lead car of the 6 and are holding 17 passengers ransom. However, because the MTA is so strapped for cash right now, they're going to give them two nights for a total of 10 hours to come up with one million dollars, or they'll have to issue another G.O. for the following week in order to re-hijack the car and shoot passengers. The MTA really went above and beyond what other rapid transit systems normally do and are letting everyone know about the hijacking ahead of time via G.O. so that no one will be on the train and the MTA can save that one million dollars.

Ingenious. Truly brillant.

Oh, that is true. The entire (5) line is getting knocked out from Dyre Avenue to Bowling Green

It would be weird if the (6) was to head into brooklyn for a weekend ;). Not gonna happen tho. I remember in Wiki they said 1 (6) train did went into Bk, in early 2000 late 90s, if its a fact...

It may also have to do with the fact that (5) trains are not running this weekend. The (6) may be alleviating loss of service between Nowling Green and Brooklyn Bridge.

The (6) GO is for August 11 and 12. The (5) GO is for this weekend. But it would be a good idea to extend the (6) this weekend if the (4) isn't too congested due to the Brooklyn GO

The (6) GO is for August 11 and 12. The (5) GO is for this weekend. But it would be a good idea to extend the (6) this weekend if the (4) isn't too congested due to the Brooklyn GO

Some (4)s are short-turning at Bowling Green because of the total Eastern Pkwy EXP G.O., so there's no space for the (6) to turn there, at least I don't think.

why would the (6) be needed to Bowling Green only becuz the (5) isnt runnin? So if there was another G/o like this then the (6) is needed? I dont think so. I doubt that the (6) will head to blowing green

and r62a 1991 is right there is a G/O on the (2)(3)(4) ths weekend, so who knows if some (4)s might end at BG, maybe even tonite as it starts in like 2 hrs..

(6) trains running to Bowling Green could be an interesting test for the service. It would be a shot in the dark of sorts, something out of the ordinary. But who knows? If it turns out to be effective and well-received, maybe it'll be a regular thing.

That happened in 1985. The train originated from 3rd Avenue-138th Street and terminated at Atlantic Avenue.

It was one rush hour train, and I don't know if it ran out to Atlantic because of capacity issues at the loops in Manhattan, a track-work related issue (I doubt), to swap equipment like the (2) and (5) trains currently do at Atlantic, or if it was to simply augment service and it just never caught on or caused congestion in the Joralemon Street Tunnel.

On a side note, a conductor I know has worked (6) trains which have terminated at Atlantic under emergency situations. He also worked the (1) following the September 11 attacks when that train was extended to New Lots Avenue via the Clark Street Tunnel.

Some (4)s are short-turning at Bowling Green because of the total Eastern Pkwy EXP G.O., so there's no space for the (6) to turn there, at least I don't think.

why would the (6) be needed to Bowling Green only becuz the (5) isnt runnin? So if there was another G/o like this then the (6) is needed? I dont think so. I doubt that the (6) will head to blowing green

and r62a 1991 is right there is a G/O on the (2)(3)(4) ths weekend, so who knows if some (4)s might end at BG, maybe even tonite as it starts in like 2 hrs..

The (6) isn't necessarily needed, it would just help the SI ferry riders. There's also a switch north of the station. If the (4) runs less frequently than normal even with the increased # of trains originating at bowling green then the (6) should be extended. If more (4)s at BG makes up for no (5)s then leave it alone. And Roku: if the (6) is extended at all besides GOs it should only be at late nights

The (6) isn't necessarily needed, it would just help the SI ferry riders. There's also a switch north of the station. If the (4) runs less frequently than normal even with the increased # of trains originating at bowling green then the (6) should be extended. If more (4)s at BG makes up for no (5)s then leave it alone. And Roku: if the (6) is extended at all besides GOs it should only be at late nights

You dont need the (6) for any help down at Fulton, wall and BG, that just causes a little bit of a delay. And if an interlock isnt automatic along Canel to BK Bridge then more work for the tower to switch the (6) From loop tracks to Eastern Pkwy Exp tracks..

The (6) Is fine heading down to Loop. Besides, hardly any1 heads on the train or bus during weekend then weekday so there isnt any point at all.

Now for the Aug G/O thats diffrent.. Only for ether track work via Loop or some other crap there. Just becuz the (5) isnt running doesnt mean we need the (6) to heal the (4) down there. Is pointless..

If the (6) were to be extended to Bowling Green on a normal schedule, the area immediately north of Brooklyn Bridge will become a bottleneck. Another bottleneck will surface at Bowling Green. The area is not able to handle additional trains.

If the (6) were to be extended to Bowling Green on a normal schedule, the area immediately north of Brooklyn Bridge will become a bottleneck. Another bottleneck will surface at Bowling Green. The area is not able to handle additional trains.

Only during daytime and early evening hours would bottlenecks occur, late evening and late nights there would be no problem.

Only during daytime and early evening hours would bottlenecks occur, late evening and late nights there would be no problem.

That is true, but during those times, I don't think the ridership doesn't warrant the (6) heading down there with the (4).

In the 70s, I believe, they did extend the (6) to Bowling Green during late eves, late nites and wknds.

Also, if you look outside the (4) train between Brooklyn Bridge and Fulton Street, there is a fine open space near Fulton Street on the right side of the train. Is that a connection from the (6) to the lower Broadway tracks? At Brooklyn Bridge, the local track goes into two directions, one to the loop and one paralleling the express track. The track then splits into two and end about halfway towards Fulton.

In the 70s, I believe, they did extend the (6) to Bowling Green during late eves, late nites and wknds.

Also, if you look outside the (4) train between Brooklyn Bridge and Fulton Street, there is a fine open space near Fulton Street on the right side of the train. Is that a connection from the (6) to the lower Broadway tracks? At Brooklyn Bridge, the local track goes into two directions, one to the loop and one paralleling the express track. The track then splits into two and end about halfway towards Fulton.

That did used to connect to the express tracks at Fulton. So it would have remained on the local through Brooklyn Bridge. Then, they cut it off as extra layup space.

Archived