No #5 along entire route between Dyre and Bowling Green weekend 7/25-26/09

Shortline Bus

If you plan on riding the (5) this weekend from 1201am Saturday July 25-Monday 5am July 27, 2009, there bad news. There is *no service* at all this weekend along the entire (5) line. Even the Dyre (5) shuttle train is cancelled this weekend. Here MTA press info from their website. This is due to track and electrical work. Here details.

(5) No service at all between Bowling Green and Dyre Avenue.

From 11:30 p.m. Friday, July 24 to 5 a.m. Monday, July 27, there are no 5 trains running due to structural steel repairs between East 180th Street and Dyre Avenue. This also includes no (5) shuttle train service as well.

Increased service on The (2)(4) and free shuttle buses provide alternate service. Please allow an additional 20-30 minutes travel time.

Source http://WWW.MTA.INFO

Added travel trip

Use these Crosstown Bronx Bus service for alternative service to nearby (2) and (6) stations in addition to the Dyre shuttle bus.

Dyre Avenue-Use the BX16 and transfer at the 238th-Neired (2) station. Or walk to nearby Boston Road and use the Westchester County Bee Line Bus #60 & transfer to the (2) at Pelham Parkway-White Plains Road stop.

Baychester Avenue-Walk to nearby Boston Road & use either the BX30 and transfer at the (2) Gun Hill Road-White Plains Rd stop or the Westchester County Bee Line Bus #60 & transfer to the (2) at Pelham Parkway-White Plains Road stop.

Gun Hill Road-Use the Bx28 bus and transfer to the (2) at Gun Hill Road-WP Road stop.

Pelham Parkway-Take either the Coop City Bound BX12 SBS or Pelham Bay/Orchard bound BX12 Local and transfer to either the (6) at Pelham Bay Park or westbound BX12 SBS Or local and transfer at (2)Pelham Parkway-WP Road station.

Morris Park-Walk to the nearby Bronx Park (2) station.

not rlly news for me. Seen this G/O everywhere. Since Shuttle buses will operate, im gonna do dyre

Mark you do agree with me that the (MTA) should list the crosstown buses on stations to take to either the nearby (2) or (6) stations right? It might be faster to take the BX28 at Gun Hill or the BX12 at Pelham Parkway than taking the Dyre shuttle buses.

Mark you do agree with me that the (MTA) should list the crosstown buses on stations to take to either the nearby (2) or (6) stations right? It might be faster to take the BX28 at Gun Hill or the BX12 at Pelham Parkway than taking the Dyre shuttle buses.

true but from Gun Hill on WPR and Gun Hill on dyre takes 15-25 min on the Bx28 and Bx30 buses.And it wouldnt be free even with free metrocard transfer. Although they can list the local buses too as an alternative

Installation of pre-fab track means that (5) line crews must report to Woodlawn and make (4) line trips to Bowling Green this weekend and next weekend. The panels will be installed on the next two weekends between Gun Hill Road and Baychester Avenue on the n/b track. Shuttle bus service runs between E. 180th St. and Dyre Avenue during this G.O. but ,as others have pointed out, there are other bus options available.

Installation of pre-fab track means that (5) line crews must report to Woodlawn and make (4) line trips to Bowling Green this weekend and next weekend. The panels will be installed on the next two weekends between Gun Hill Road and Baychester Avenue on the n/b track. Shuttle bus service runs between E. 180th St. and Dyre Avenue during this G.O. but ,as others have pointed out, there are other bus options available.

Thanks for telling us. So, they're the ones doing the (4) short-turns to Bowling Green. Pretty much the same route, except for Jerome Av Local instead of Southern Blvd (that's what I call the Bronx Thru Local) Local.

this included u im guessing?

So the (4) is being split?

And what panels?

I wish the Dyre Branch would get a rehab...

this included u im guessing?

So the (4) is being split?

And what panels?

I wish the Dyre Branch would get a rehab...

Not including me. My last weekend warrior work was in 1988. (4)service runs from Woodlawn to Bowling Green OR Utica Ave during the hours the (5) has downtown service. Pre-fab track sections with concrete crossties will be laid down in the roadbed for a smoother ride. New signals and electrical components are probably next on the agenda on the Dyre line.

Archived