5 Brighton Stations to be renovated, with the loss of Brighton (B) express service

Matt91

Sea Beach and West End need the rehabs badly. According to the Agency's budget outlook, it looks like Sea Beach will get it in 2011 and West End will get it later next year. This might be my opinion, but 8th Avenue on the N needs more turnstiles or even clear the operations on the 7th Avenue side.

As for Brighton service, it might be problematic when there is a stalled train.

Sea Beach 2011 forreals? lol it's gonna be so weird seeing my station in good shape if it really happens.

the entire (N) line needs rehab. the Coney Island-bound express track between 8 Av and Kings Highway should be used on the weekday (like Brighton's (;)(Q)), they can build a switch that can make the train go from the local track to the C.I.-bound express track, also, they need express platforms as well, plus all the stations need to be rebuilt, especially 8 Ave, Fort Hamilton Pkwy.

I don't think there's another demand for a Sea Beach express (which is why the NX was cut IINM) but I do agree that the Sea Beach needs rehab BADLY.

I don't think there's another demand for a Sea Beach express (which is why the NX was cut IINM) but I do agree that the Sea Beach needs rehab BADLY.

Yeah, I would hope for express service as well, but it depends on if Coney Island residents need it.

The Rockaway Line(Far Rock Branch) is beginning. its expected to be done in the fall of 2011. B67 to B25 st stations
Do you have a news article for this by any chance? I remember reading something about it but don't remember where I read it.

yea i kno, but itll be nice for sea beach customers tho.

No it wouldn't, there is not one express stop on the Sea Beach line. It would only benefit people who are getting on at Coney Island who want a super fast ride into Manhattan. While I admit I would want to see express service on the West End, Sea Beach, and Dyre lines, they simply aren't needed. The Culver however...

yea i kno, but itll be nice for sea beach customers tho.

No it won't be nice for Sea Beach customers. The Sea Beach Express would only do well during the summer when there's a massive hoard of people going to the beach. Other than that, it won't be beneficial because it is skipping New Utretch Avenue, Kings Highway, Bay Parkway, and 8th Avenue.

Sea Beach and West End need the rehabs badly. According to the Agency's budget outlook, it looks like Sea Beach will get it in 2011 and West End will get it later next year. This might be my opinion, but 8th Avenue on the N needs more turnstiles or even clear the operations on the 7th Avenue side.

As for Brighton service, it might be problematic when there is a stalled train.

West End, Sea Beach and Bay Ridge really need work. The condition at 86th Street on the (R) is pathetic. According to the stimulus, as found on the MTA website, they will work on the entire West End line probably beginning next year. Every station between 9th Avenue and Bay 50th Street will get worked on.

It's time.

This is the thread about the Brighton Line Station Reconstruction Project, right?

Just making sure...:)

Lol...yes. Yes it is. And I have no idea what happened with discussing Brighton construction.

With the (:) and (Q) trains using the express tracks, this means platforms will be made on the local tracks? If so, won't this be problematic with passenger traffic tying in with construction? And won't there be some sort of safety issue with temporary platforms or will they assemble the platforms off site and install them when work is ready to begin?

Sea Beach needs it more than the West End line. Those 4th Avenue line stations don't look bad. Brighton riders deserve to see completely overhauled stations.

According to the "Stimulus" found on the website, the project of rehabbing the entire West End line is funded. Sea Beach will probably be next.

As for the Bay Ridge Line, 86th Street is really shabby. It was in the papers a few months ago, about the conditions of it.

It says that (;) and (Q) trains will operate local between Prospect Park and Newkirk Avenue, and express between Newkirk Avenue and Kings Highway. This means that the tracks would probably have to be severed and a crossover would be installed. Northbound service would use the local track only, making local stops. This will last until mid to late 2010.

I seriously can't wait for this. It seems exciting, but Brighton riders are going to be mad...as...hell.

Yeah,how are they going to build switches at Newkirk ave in just 2 months?

I think they build them off-site and install them over the course of a weekend, severing the local and express tracks. If you ask me that seems pretty extensive.

I think they build them off-site and install them over the course of a weekend, severing the local and express tracks. If you ask me that seems pretty extensive.

If so, time for the (N) to Kings Highway via Stillwell G.O. again. That would allow them to work unimpeded for a weekend, and at least provide service to Lower Brighton.

If so, time for the (N) to Kings Highway via Stillwell G.O. again. That would allow them to work unimpeded for a weekend, and at least provide service to Lower Brighton.

I'd be interested in seeing that, but would a (Q) shuttle be a better alternative? So that (N) service doesn't get affected as much.

I think that's what they're doing. When I don't know.

It says that (;) and (Q) trains will operate local between Prospect Park and Newkirk Avenue, and express between Newkirk Avenue and Kings Highway. This means that the tracks would probably have to be severed and a crossover would be installed. Northbound service would use the local track only, making local stops. This will last until mid to late 2010.

I seriously can't wait for this. It seems exciting, but Brighton riders are going to be mad...as...hell.

Not exciting for me... but for here, I am sure the odds will justify the means

Archived