Today's Bus Roadeo Pictures and Others.

Dave160

I was unable to make it yesterday nor will I make it today, I like the RTS more but I just find the lack of Orions odd.

The only time I've seen an Orion at the roadeo was back in 2005, when #675 was on display. For whatever reason, they didn't have any in-service buses on display this year, with the exception of the D60HF.

Were is command CNG RTS and the flxible 870 ;)

it looks from the hard to find parts they can't run anymore:(

anyways nice pics.

Spring Creek is closed on sunday so 4904 would'nt be able to get back inside the Depot because no one would be there.

The reason why 236 wasn't there is because Howard Roberts (The president of NYCT) Doesn't like those buses so he doesn't want it to be seen.

R160 Maniac, nice vid of the Shuttle Bus. its good to see that an O7 NG showed up at the rodeo somehow! LOL ill be there myself sunday

Thanks@

Great pics, Those fresh pond buses look very clean.

Thanks!

cool vid :tup:

Thanks!

Were is command CNG RTS and the flxible 870 ;)

it looks from the hard to find parts they can't run anymore:(

anyways nice pics.

Yea didnt see any, and thanks.

Nice pics! BTW Trainfan I didn't know they had the Flxible on the Q33 last season. If it happens again this season I'll be sure to get it.

Thanks!

And here's one more video.

Spring Creek is closed on sunday so 4904 would'nt be able to get back inside the Depot because no one would be there.

The reason why 236 wasn't there is because Howard Roberts (The president of NYCT) Doesn't like those buses so he doesn't want it to be seen.

oh well lets just hope that it comes back for the bus fair if there is one.

As for howard roberts not liking the 236,I think it a great bus,flxible 870 like the RTS was very futuristic for time,sure it had problems and of course the lawsuit between Grumman but it's shouldn't be a reason to not to let it be part of the historic fleet for bus in events and not sit in a storage,if he hate that bus that's his problem but most of us like the flxible.

by the way were is 236 now?

oh well lets just hope that it comes back for the bus fair if there is one.

As for howard roberts not liking the 236,I think it a great bus,flxible 870 like the RTS was very futuristic for time,sure it had problems and of course the lawsuit between Grumman but it's shouldn't be a reason to not to let it be part of the historic fleet for bus in events and not sit in a storage,if he hate that bus that's his problem but most of us like the flxible.

by the way were is 236 now?

236 is at ENY Depot, thats what an TA worker told me at last year's roadeo. As for Roberts banning that bus from roadeos, I'm not mad about it to be honest. He runs Vintage Subway cars & buses in revenue service in Dec (IIRC that was his idea). He did a lot of cool things for the Transit Buffs so we can't compain about him not letting 236 be displayed at Bus Roadeos. Besides, NJT is still running flexbles in service, Yea I know their not Grummans but the Grummmans and Flexble Metro's are slimar so..

Archived