MTA Bus Roadeo

Achilesbmt

HI there, well I made it to this years Rodeo. My first ever, and I was impressed to see all the nostalgic buses, the free food and giveaways they had. It was so good, I am going again tomorrow for another round. :cool:

I was there like 11:42 to 17:00

Well, Today I decided to do it all over again This time I brought my mom. When I got to the entrance the 2 security guards stop me and ask me if I have family or work for the MTA. I said the truth , no. And I was told that I could not enter the Rodeao. I pleaded with the guards, stating I did come up yesterday and I had no problem. He then reiterated Sir, this is for family and employees only. Never saw that anywhere, but ok. I said my mom is disabled, she really wants to see the nostalgic buses and could you please make a special exception? They both allowed our entrance, and my mom was able to enjoy looking at all the buses when she was a young girl. Thanks! ;) But is it really true that this was only for employees of MTA and family?

Well, Today I decided to do it all over again This time I brought my mom. When I got to the entrance the 2 security guards stop me and ask me if I have family or work for the MTA. I said the truth , no. And I was told that I could not enter the Rodeao. I pleaded with the guards, stating I did come up yesterday and I had no problem. He then reiterated Sir, this is for family and employees only. Never saw that anywhere, but ok. I said my mom is disabled, she really wants to see the nostalgic buses and could you please make a special exception? They both allowed our entrance, and my mom was able to enjoy looking at all the buses when she was a young girl. Thanks! :) But is it really true that this was only for employees of MTA and family?

Yes, its for TA workers and their familes. Outsiders aren't welcomed to be there but they usally don't enforce it. The Subway Roadeo it is enfored if you don't have an TA worker with you then you're not getting in period! Thats why you never see the Bus roadeo promoted in the media because its not an public event.

Archived