What is the most difficult maneuver a T/O has to perform on the subway?

MAA89

I can barely see them at times or they are hidden by other objects.

LOL, big complaint of mine.. Signal dept seems only concerned with mounting the signals where specified, they don't seen to take into consideration the 'line of sight' for the oncoming train operators.. There are relay & other electrical equip boxes everywhere from the last 100 yrs, and they sometimes block part of a signal when viewed from a distance..

LOL, big complaint of mine.. Signal dept seems only concerned with mounting the signals where specified, they don't seen to take into consideration the 'line of sight' for the oncoming train operators.. There are relay & other electrical equip boxes everywhere from the last 100 yrs, and they sometimes block part of a signal when viewed from a distance..

Don't know why they don't increase the lighting as well. I think PATH tunnels are brighter than NYCT tunnels.

He was drunk.

THey said there were also crack viles found in the cab as well. Crack wont show up on a drug test aftoer a certain amount of hours because it passes through the body so quick, its probably another reason he fled and ran home.

Here's a difficult maneuver for a T/O to pull:

Sneak a (G) train into Manhattan via the Rutgers Street or Cranberry Street Tunnels and then send it back down Queens Boulevard!

I imagine that if that was even possible, it would be grounds for immediate termination.

On a serious note, I understand that the southbound platforms on the Lexington Avenue line at Union Square are difficult to hit correctly. Is this a pretty true statement?

Here's a difficult maneuver for a T/O to pull:

Sneak a (G) train into Manhattan via the Rutgers Street or Cranberry Street Tunnels and then send it back down Queens Boulevard!

I imagine that if that was even possible, it would be grounds for immediate termination.

On a serious note, I understand that the southbound platforms on the Lexington Avenue line at Union Square are difficult to hit correctly. Is this a pretty true statement?

Yes that's correct. Miss the mark by more than a foot and the fillers may not come out.

Yes that's correct. Miss the mark by more than a foot and the fillers may not come out.

And if the mark is not hit, then will the train reverse in order to hit them, or is there a station override to send the fillers out?

It isn't that difficult - hundreds of trains stop there every day without a problem.

And if the mark is not hit, then will the train reverse in order to hit them, or is there a station override to send the fillers out?

If you overshoot the marker, Control will most likely tell you to bypass the station, pissing off everyone who wanted to get off at Union Sq.

It isn't that difficult - hundreds of trains stop there every day without a problem.

If you overshoot the marker, Control will most likely tell you to bypass the station, pissing off everyone who wanted to get off at Union Sq.

Not to mention those who wanted to get on as well... :eek:

and with no crossovers in any of those local stations, you'd have to wait until Brooklyn bridge or Grand CENTRAL to go back if ur on the (6)

Or exit and pay an extra fare, which is no big deal if you have an Unlimited card, but a PITA nonetheless.

Archived