NTT Similar announcements

mark1447

I got a question, what is the point of using the same route destination but using different announcements from the female personalities which are the same.

Ill give example, hard to explain^^

(2) Train:

This is a Manhattan Bound (2) Train [used during non-Late Night Hrs]

This is a Manhattan Bound (2)LOCAL Train [used during Late Night Hrs]

(5) Train:

This is an Eastchester Bound (5)Local Train [used during Midday, Eve]

This is an Eastchester Bound (5) Train [used during Dyre (S) and at Baychester Ave before hitting Dyre]

This is an Eastchester- DYRE Avenue Bound (5)LOCAL train [used during Rush Hrs after Peak via White Plains Rd Express and Northbound Local AM peak when Brooklyn Trains via WPR Exp]

This is a Manhattan Bound (5) TRAIN [used during Evenings and Weekends to Bowling Green]

This is a Manhattan Bound (5)LOCAL Train [used during Middays and PM WPR Local Rush Hr when heading to Flatbush | Limited Utica and/or New Lots]

(4) Train:

This is a Woodlawn Bound (4) Train [All day except Late Nights]

This is a Woodlawn Bound (4)LOCAL Train [Late Night Only starting at 125th St]

(6) Train:

This is a Manhattan Bound (6) Train [used Middays(I think when Pelham Exp is in service) and evenings and weekends]

This is a Manhattan Bound (6)Local Train [used during RH]

(N) Train:

This is a Manhattan Bound (N) Train [used All Day in BKLYN and QNS]

This is a Manhattan Bound (N)LOCAL Train [used during Late Nights]

I think the (E) is similar too with its Queens Bound. Dont think the (Q) or (W). And (J)(Z) Skip Stop Exp and (L)(M) as well as the (F)..

Anyways there could be more then this. But what is the point of using ether

"BOUND [Route] Local Train" or "BOUND [Route] Train."

Is it just to specify the Rush Hr, Midday, Eve, L Nights and Wkends?

I don't know, but I've always wondered why Broad St-bound (J)s announce that they're locals in Manhattan. There are no express stops in Manhattan at all for the (J).

To add to your list:

(Weekends when the (4) is Eastern Pkwy Lcl, but Lexington Av EXP):

"This is a Manhattan-bound (4) train.

(Late Nights when it's a full local):

"This is a Manhattan-bound (4) LOCAL train."

"This is a Bronx-bound (4) train."

That doesn't get me. It announces that it's local in Brooklyn, but not in Manhattan?

I know that this is severe nitpicking though, and if it works, it works.

( weird) you known who do the voice ( annocuement of the (6))

tjat jessica ethinger? and the annonucement of (2) and (5)

is Diane thompson?

so who do the announcemnt on (N) , (Q) , (E) on R160?

how can it be simliar. there 2 different perosn that do

) annoucment on the R160) ?

No... the (2)(5) are diffrent

Jessica i for Eastside (4)(5)(6)

Diane for Westside (1)(2)(3) [Former (9))

Here's this, this set-up is to differentiate between the express trains and the local trains. Without the local announcement, it was assumed that the passengers would assume that the train will be express. The local announcement serves as an emphasis, indicating that this train is running local.

Here's this, this set-up is to differentiate between the express trains and the local trains. Without the local announcement, it was assumed that the passengers would assume that the train will be express. The local announcement serves as an emphasis, indicating that this train is running local.

Yeah, but the (Q) is Brighton Local/Broadway Express 24/7. On weekdays it says "Manhattan bound (Q)" and on weekends it says "Manhattan bound (Q) local" even though the service is exactly the same.

I got a question, what is the point of using the same route destination but using different announcements from the female personalities which are the same.

Ill give example, hard to explain^^

(2) Train:

This is a Manhattan Bound (2) Train [used during non-Late Night Hrs]

This is a Manhattan Bound (2)LOCAL Train [used during Late Night Hrs]

(5) Train:

This is an Eastchester Bound (5)Local Train [used during Midday, Eve]

This is an Eastchester Bound (5) Train [used during Dyre (S) and at Baychester Ave before hitting Dyre]

This is an Eastchester- DYRE Avenue Bound (5)LOCAL train [used during Rush Hrs after Peak via White Plains Rd Express and Northbound Local AM peak when Brooklyn Trains via WPR Exp]

This is a Manhattan Bound (5) TRAIN [used during Evenings and Weekends to Bowling Green]

This is a Manhattan Bound (5)LOCAL Train [used during Middays and PM WPR Local Rush Hr when heading to Flatbush | Limited Utica and/or New Lots]

(4) Train:

This is a Woodlawn Bound (4) Train [All day except Late Nights]

This is a Woodlawn Bound (4)LOCAL Train [Late Night Only starting at 125th St]

(6) Train:

This is a Manhattan Bound (6) Train [used Middays(I think when Pelham Exp is in service) and evenings and weekends]

This is a Manhattan Bound (6)Local Train [used during RH]

(N) Train:

This is a Manhattan Bound (N) Train [used All Day in BKLYN and QNS]

This is a Manhattan Bound (N)LOCAL Train [used during Late Nights]

I think the (E) is similar too with its Queens Bound. Dont think the (Q) or (W). And (J)(Z) Skip Stop Exp and (L)(M) as well as the (F)..

Anyways there could be more then this. But what is the point of using ether

"BOUND [Route] Local Train" or "BOUND [Route] Train."

Is it just to specify the Rush Hr, Midday, Eve, L Nights and Wkends?

Most of the ones that say "local" is usually late nights and some weekends expection of (5) When it says "This is an Eastchester/Eastchester-Dyre Avenue bound (5) local train" its weekdays (during AM, mid-days, weekends and/or late nights). I remember one morning on a Sunday I hear on the (N) "This is a Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue bound (N) local train"!

(6) says This is a Manhattan bound (6) local train whenever it starts at E 177 St Parkchester weekdays or weekends (some GOs).

Pelham Bay (6) and <6> trains both say This is a Manhattan bound 6 train (unless <6> is running express from Pelham Bay to 177 St). After 177 St <6> becomes This is a Manhattan bound <6> express train, while (6) stays This is a Manhattan bound (6) train

Yeah, but the (Q) is Brighton Local/Broadway Express 24/7. On weekdays it says "Manhattan bound (Q)" and on weekends it says "Manhattan bound (Q) local" even though the service is exactly the same.

Just another enigma from the MTA. Makes no sense at all. They should've played the local announcement during the weekday, when there is an express service along the Brighton (the (:)). On the weekends, the (Q) is clearly the local, since there is no express along it.

I like who do the annoucment on the R160 and R143?

(J) , (M) ,(Z) , (L) ( Diane ) ( R160)?

R143 annoucemnt by Jessica from (L).

Broadway line (W), (N) , (Q) , (R) annoucemnt from Jessica

of R160 ?

R160 ( (E) , (F) annoucement from Diane of R160

Dianne Thompson announcements is on the **(1)(2) **(3)(A)(C)(F) Manhattan bound (N), Coney Island bound (Q), *Franklin Avenue and Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street (S)huttles

Catherine Cowdery annoucements is on *(:) *(D)(E) *(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R) *(V)(W) and (Z) trains

Jessica Ettinger-Gottesman announcements is on the Lexington Avenue Line (4)(5)(6)

*Do not use R-160's!

**Do not use R-142's!

Got it now???

I like who do the annoucment on the R160 and R143?

(J) , (M) ,(Z) , (L) ( Diane ) ( R160)?

R143 annoucemnt by Jessica from (L).

Broadway line (W), (N) , (Q) , (R) annoucemnt from Jessica

of R160 ?

R160 ( (E) , (F) annoucement from Diane of R160

Not to bring stuff off, but u sound like that banned member kawasaki3:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/member.php?u=1228

Archived