MTA Denies people to move to TA

CPBO

Thats right people.........people that took an exam and work at MTA BUS and want to drive a bus for TA will be sent a letter of denial......I know 3 operators in my depot that this has happened 2.....they said the letter said something about a lateral move......like how is that possible?? We are not civil servants......we don't have NYCERS.....we cannot move into a TA/OA garage......I really think this MTA makes stuff up as it goes.......When I first joined this forum that was one of the internal battles I had....should I move to Ta or just stay at MTA BUS.....so far we got parity.....some of the work rule changes....now I have to see in time if we get a similar pension plan....like OA got....and they are not civil servants....... If I move to Ta it will be for a conductors job or something else....not driving a bus again......

Your right CPBO I know how it feels I went to 180 livngstn st to get that same question answered about promot T/O test and they said we ain't Civil Srv and I really think it does suck they want us to wear the logo and go by the MTA rules and Reg but these peeps might be making it up as they go along however since we have the same union we have to hope that something progresses positive at of this it be nice to here that they could do something for us all

So the both of you are looking to get out from the seat? Have either one of you taken the dispatcher exam last year if you were eligible? You both want to work on the subways it sounds like.

Your right (L)oco Time to play the game downstairs but this idea was in stone awile ago I just needed (A) nice shove and trust me I had my fun behind the wheel time to (M)aster ©ontroller this bad boy .

No wonder why I'm having such a difficult time getting in. I agree that 180 Livingston is screwing the hiring process up royally. I'm on MaBSTOA List Exam 2801 as well as MTA Bus List Exam 8008. I've taken 4 drug screen tests and 1 medical and haven't been able to get signed up for a class.

I'm 74 eligibles away on the MTA Bus List and now I hear that there will be no more MTA Bus Drivers hired until the Fall. I just don't get how such incompetent people can get away with so much.

I've heard many stories from Bus Operators and to be quite honest, I'm questioning if I should go forth with it or not. Some are even telling me not to do it. You'd be miserable. If you're not a miserable person, then you will turn into a miserable person.

I've heard many stories from Bus Operators and to be quite honest, I'm questioning if I should go forth with it or not. Some are even telling me not to do it. You'd be miserable. If you're not a miserable person, then you will turn into a miserable person.

Go for it if they call you. Only you can decide if you're going to be miserable or love your job.

No wonder why I'm having such a difficult time getting in. I agree that 180 Livingston is screwing the hiring process up royally. I'm on MaBSTOA List Exam 2801 as well as MTA Bus List Exam 8008. I've taken 4 drug screen tests and 1 medical and haven't been able to get signed up for a class.

I'm 74 eligibles away on the MTA Bus List and now I hear that there will be no more MTA Bus Drivers hired until the Fall. I just don't get how such incompetent people can get away with so much.

I don't believe that one bit those are the people who are not people persons u have to have the patience to deal with people no matter what and some of the people that sit behind that wheel are either nasty or not courteous like today for instance im driving the Access A Ride on my day off and this lady coming from church had the audacity to ask the other lady where was i taking them i just shook my head and shruged it off

Bee Flex they will call you in due time they have to exhaust the other MaBstoa Exams before they get back to 2801 I had the same state of mind stick it out

You do have A point ,I know (3)ex T/O and C/R in the depot and they all came back they said it wasn't for them ,I would have to say if you want A T/O position then you better make sure that's what you want try to explore all opt before going O boy is this off-topic LOL:cool:(K)<R>

Thats right people.........people that took an exam and work at MTA BUS and want to drive a bus for TA will be sent a letter of denial......I know 3 operators in my depot that this has happened 2.....they said the letter said something about a lateral move......like how is that possible?? We are not civil servants......we don't have NYCERS.....we cannot move into a TA/OA garage......I really think this MTA makes stuff up as it goes.......When I first joined this forum that was one of the internal battles I had....should I move to Ta or just stay at MTA BUS.....so far we got parity.....some of the work rule changes....now I have to see in time if we get a similar pension plan....like OA got....and they are not civil servants....... If I move to Ta it will be for a conductors job or something else....not driving a bus again......

Tired of it now???? Come join us underground mole people here.....

Your right CPBO I know how it feels I went to 180 livngstn st to get that same question answered about promot T/O test and they said we ain't Civil Srv and I really think it does suck they want us to wear the logo and go by the MTA rules and Reg but these peeps might be making it up as they go along however since we have the same union we have to hope that something progresses positive at of this it be nice to here that they could do something for us all

That's why I had to take it on the O/C, cause OA B/O's can't take it on the promo either. When you get hired though, you get hired promo......

So the both of you are looking to get out from the seat? Have either one of you taken the dispatcher exam last year if you were eligible? You both want to work on the subways it sounds like.

Who wants to deal with smelly MTA buses anyways. It's better dealing with smelly subway trains........

Your right (L)oco Time to play the game downstairs but this idea was in stone awile ago I just needed (A) nice shove and trust me I had my fun behind the wheel time to (M)aster ©ontroller this bad boy .

Come join us, and become one of us, one of us, one of us.........

That is a fact, cause you are dealing with an unpredictable animal. Humans. Even if you are a kind person, you can be turned miserable. When I was a B/O, I found myself locked in my home for my 2 days off, cause I didn't want to see anyone. Had enough of seeing a dealing with people for 5 days. Now, I see even more, but rarely interact with them, so now I find myself doing the opposite. Trying to interact with the cuties when I'm off the train. The others I still can care less with interacting with.........

Still keep calling them at Livingston St., and hopefully all this misery you are going through, will be worth it, and you get in and pass the B/O qualifications.......

Somehow the grass is always greener on the other side. I wouldn't want to be starting as a Bus Operator in these days. That said,I drove buses for 21 years and I feel for anyone who wants to get into the biz. Sometimes you just got to put up with stuff and roll with the punches to get by. Good luck to you all and don't let em' grind ya down.

Somehow the grass is always greener on the other side. I wouldn't want to be starting as a Bus Operator in these days. That said,I drove buses for 21 years and I feel for anyone who wants to get into the biz. Sometimes you just got to put up with stuff and roll with the punches to get by. Good luck to you all and don't let em' grind ya down.

It must take a very long time to go from a B/O to a dispatcher, meaning that only so many dispatchers retire in a given year. Unless there is a high turnover rate like it is with B/O's. On average how many dispatchers are hired in a year?

In the 17 months I've been a dispatcher only 3 Dispatchers have left College Point Depot and there are nothing but rumors of further hiring so most of the Operators are staying that way for a while. As for people wanting to work for TA OA or MTA Bus, it's just six of one half a dozen of the other. Soon you won't have to stay with any of them because it'll all be RBO and no matter where you go it's going to be exactly the same.

In the 17 months I've been a dispatcher only 3 Dispatchers have left College Point Depot and there are nothing but rumors of further hiring so most of the Operators are staying that way for a while. As for people wanting to work for TA OA or MTA Bus, it's just six of one half a dozen of the other. Soon you won't have to stay with any of them because it'll all be RBO and no matter where you go it's going to be exactly the same.

I see, the last dispatchers exam for TA was last year I believe. How many types of dispatchers are there in the DOB? The ones that I know off are (1)console (2)surface (3)yard (4)crew. ???

I listen in on my radio scanner at home and the MTA Bus 900mhz frequencies get worse reception then the TA 800mhz frequencies. I was told at a radio shop in Flushing that the setup is old and outdated. But they have no plans as of now for rebanding like they are doing with FDNY.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived