Railfanning on the N, 1, and 6 Lines (07/17/09 - 56K)

R32 3348

Photos that we took on 07/17/09 all over the northern half of the city on under-railfanned lines. I tried to include more background in most of the shots, and I also discovered the beauty of Picasa photo editing.

DSCF5353.jpg

R160B9093.jpg

R160B8793.jpg

R160B8958.jpg

R4246512.jpg

DSCF5379.jpg

DSCF5381.jpg

R62A2231.jpg

R62A2425.jpg

DSCF5398.jpg

R62A2351.jpg

DSCF5421.jpg

R62A2306R62A.jpg

R62A2306.jpg

DSCF5450.jpg

DSCF5472.jpg

R110A

R1427151.jpg

R1421221.jpg

R142A7616.jpg

R142A7576.jpg

R142A7546.jpg

R142A7505.jpg

R142A7365.jpg

R142A7250.jpg

R142A7271.jpg

R142A7606.jpg

DSCF5544.jpg

R142A72362.jpg

Full album can be viewed here. Comments are welcome and appreciated, enjoy!

Excellent Pics Kris! Even tho many users posted the same Lines, Except parts of the (4) and others. Im glade the 110As are still at concourse!

Do you have the users permissions to post their pictures on the forum?

What r u talking about?

He had posted pictures of users that went along with him, I know one of them didn't give him permission to post his picture, so I removed them from the post.

Umm that doesnt mean much tho. Maybe they were in the way. Besides i didnt see any faces maybe 1 half way

Good stuff. However just a word on photo permissions. This is why I usually only ride the system with trusted friends. Anyone I've gone with over the years has known that if they take a picture of me, it is NOT for subchat or the internet, is for their own collection and their own collection alone.

Others may not mind having their pictures posted, but getting permission for that is a must.

BTW, Julio, where has Joe been? I know there was that whole moderator issue which Harry resolved late last week, but I hadn't seen him posting on here except for maybe once or twice since. Just wanted to make sure everything was OK...you can PM me if needs be so no body's laundry gets aired out in public...

That is all...

excellent photos, however why are most of the circle LEDs on the front of the R160s broken already? theyre brand new trains.

They aren't broken it's just something about photographing them that causes them to only partially come out. Sometimes people have gotten shots of complete LED's but they usually won't come out. However if you were standing next to the photographer when they took the shot and looked at the LED you would see the LED working fine

They aren't broken it's just something about photographing them that causes them to only partially come out. Sometimes people have gotten shots of complete LED's but they usually won't come out. However if you were standing next to the photographer when they took the shot and looked at the LED you would see the LED working fine

Of course some of the LEDs in the interior of the R160s are dead, especially Jamaicas.

Correct. If the exposure time is too short, they won't come out fully. Here are two shots for example.

Example 1:

dsc0008ifa.jpg

Exposure time: 0.0040 s (1/250)

Aperture: f/8.0

ISO: 200

Example 2:

dsc0009lhv.jpg

Exposure time: 0.0050 s (1/200)

Aperture: f/7.1

ISO: 200.

As you can see, the picture that had the longer exposure time captured the circle fully.

Of course some of the LEDs in the interior of the R160s are dead, especially Jamaicas.

That's not a problem with the LED's or the screens themselves but rather a problem with the FIND and the communication of what to display along the train's interior signs since on the R160 I believe it is somehow tied together with the FIND. I've never noticed that problem on any of the other new techs.

Good stuff. However just a word on photo permissions. This is why I usually only ride the system with trusted friends. Anyone I've gone with over the years has known that if they take a picture of me, it is NOT for subchat or the internet, is for their own collection and their own collection alone.

on that note sir, I consider Kris a trusted friend. There's no problem here. I just didn't want my pictures up on the forum. It's been discussed and it's dealt with.

with longer exposure times, wouldn't the picture come out more blurry?

If you saw my pictures you would see that the train didn't come out blurry with a bit more exposure time. It was just a few milliseconds longer, not like you are setting the exposure for a second.

on that note sir, I consider Kris a trusted friend. There's no problem here. I just didn't want my pictures up on the forum. It's been discussed and it's dealt with.

No problem. He seems like a good kid and I'm sure he didn't mean to harm anyone by doing it. Just giving out the 411 that you always have to think things through particularly in this hobby, I know as much as I enjoy posting here and some of the people on here I can call real friends, that won't mean I want my picture posted for all the foamers to see. It's just the world we live in, sometimes it's best to keep certain things out of public view if you know what I mean. We live and we learn.

Wouldn't want any more "RFD" (rail fan drama) now would we? Tell ya what that's one thing i DONT do... :)

Archived