175th Anniversary Tour-Riverhead/Greenport (56k)

Amtrak7

Greenport RMLI:

rgphone.jpg

rgworkerprotection.jpg

rgsignal.jpg

rgbliss.jpg

rgtypewriter.jpg

rg39.jpg

rgjawsinfo.jpgrgcaboose.jpg

rgtwinforksposter.jpg

rgtrucks.jpg

rg3rdrailwarning.jpg

rgwhistlepost.jpg

rgjaws.jpg

rgposter.jpg

There are 70 photos total in this thread. I apologize for the fact that some of them look oddly colored, that is an aftereffect of the Photoshop auto color, contrast, and levels settings that I run on every photo.

Please comment!

My friend Joe was the Brakeman of the train (Pictured in the middle of the string looking at the camera with the other guy (retired conductor from the LIRR) with his back towards the camera! I was the guy wearing the yellow safety vest walking on and about, and one of the staffers of the table that was selling the shirts at the RMLI Museum entrance at Greenport! It was a very nice day indeed even though hot!

Nice photos! That trip looks like a lot of fun.

Very nice photos. I had no idea that the LIRR was running a special to Greenport; I have been there by car, but would have liked to take a train ride out there.

Excellent Pics of the LIRR! Love the DM30s. BTW i thought it was at Hillside Yd in Queens?

My friend Joe was the Brakeman of the train (Pictured in the middle of the string looking at the camera with the other guy (retired conductor from the LIRR) with his back towards the camera! I was the guy wearing the yellow safety vest walking on and about, and one of the staffers of the table that was selling the shirts at the RMLI Museum entrance at Greenport! It was a very nice day indeed even though hot!

Nice shots!

Great shots, even better if you resized them!

Thanks all.

MTR-The shots were all resized by Imageshack to 800x600.

Mark-There is a whole slew of commemorations, including this, the ERA Hillside tour, the NYCTM Hillside tours, and several other NYCTM tours.

Meanwhile, here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pEIbVBt_lg

More videos to come.

Archived