Flushing Line with Trains

Fred G

Hi there. After the RFW set I of course got down to taking photos of trains on the splendid Flushing line, always a favorite with this railfan.

05+R62a+2082+at+Lowery+St.jpg

14+Train+meet+at+103rd.jpg

19+R62a+at+the+top+of+the+ramp.jpg

22+another+R62a+glamour+shot.jpg

27+Train+meet+at+Willets.jpg

29+citifield.jpg

obligatory citifield with a train shot.:deadhorse: I feel like chumpzilla doing it but I washed my hands afterward.:cool:

37+another+muggy+shot+west+from+Lowery.jpg

42+view+west+at+Lowery+Street.jpg

58+R62a+7+train+leaving+Court+House+Sq+in+the+sweet+light.jpg

67+R62a+7+train+arriving+at+Bliss+St.jpg

I enjoyed the GO that had Main Street bound trains running local and TSQ trains running express from Willets to 74th.:tup:

Tanks for looking folks.

I love the third photo. Almost looks like a roller coaster with the telephoto compression...

Are you using a polarizing filter on some of these? I haven't been able to achieve the same effects all the time with mine (although I can't seem to remove mine from my new lens either, so it's here to stay.)

I love the third photo. Almost looks like a roller coaster with the telephoto compression...

Are you using a polarizing filter on some of these? I haven't been able to achieve the same effects all the time with mine (although I can't seem to remove mine from my new lens either, so it's here to stay.)

Either that or there's a setting in the camera where you can use grayscale or sepia. Other effects are available as well.

Nice pictures! Love the black and dark one! That's going to be my wallpaper!

By the way, that's just bad advertising. A Yankees billboard in Queens lol.

Thanks and LOL at the Yankees billboard.

Nice shots man

Thanks!

Love the pics great job.....really...black an whites are the best....again...great job

Thanks!

amazing photos!

Thanks R160

Thanks, no polarizer this time but graduated ND on the wide angle from Lowery shot. Lately I've been skipping the polarizing since it vignettes on my 17-35, don't have one for 62mm, and it causes havoc on the 70-200. Oh well :P

Awesome pictures as always. 3rd one from the bottom is my favorite.

Thanks, dustclee!

Either that or there's a setting in the camera where you can use grayscale or sepia. Other effects are available as well.

Yes one can set up the shots for color or b/w, sepia, whatever. I shoot all in color and then convert in post-process. It's better black and white rendering and also give flexibility so if I don't want a shot in b/w, it doesn't have to be there.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived