Aubrey Boyce, Queens man who won $133M Mega Millions jackpot

Harry

An MTA worker emerged Tuesday as the winner of a $133 Mega Millions jackpot, going public three weeks after his numbers came in.

Aubrey Boyce, 49, of Queens, spent $2 on tickets for the July 7 drawing - and wound up with a lump sum cash payment of $56.7 million after taxes.

It's a big pay upgrade for Boyce, who earned a little more than $50,000 a year as an MTA collections agent. The married Boyce said he waited to claim his prize until after the excitement surrounding the drawing calmed down.

During the interim, Boyce set up an asset management trust fund to handle his windfall.

Lottery officials said the Mega Millions winner allowed the computer to pick the numbers. He opted for the lump sum payment that will give him a whopping $82.7 million.

Full story: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/07/28/2009-07-28_queens_man_who_won_133m_mega_millions_comes_out_of_hiding_to_claim_prize.html#ixzz0MbFnDALg

post-1-133288580669_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288580669_thumb.jpg

An MTA worker emerged Tuesday as the winner of a $133 Mega Millions jackpot, going public three weeks after his numbers came in.

Aubrey Boyce, 49, of Queens, spent $2 on tickets for the July 7 drawing - and wound up with a lump sum cash payment of $56.7 million after taxes.

It's a big pay upgrade for Boyce, who earned a little more than $50,000 a year as an MTA collections agent. The married Boyce said he waited to claim his prize until after the excitement surrounding the drawing calmed down.

During the interim, Boyce set up an asset management trust fund to handle his windfall.

Lottery officials said the Mega Millions winner allowed the computer to pick the numbers. He opted for the lump sum payment that will give him a whopping $82.7 million.

Full story: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/07/28/2009-07-28_queens_man_who_won_133m_mega_millions_comes_out_of_hiding_to_claim_prize.html#ixzz0MbFnDALg

Wow. Luckiest guy in New York right now:eek:

I'm not gonna lie....I thought I won!!!!lol:p I was working the (F) and I bought a ticket from that store on my lunch break on Hillside ave.My friend called me saying- "Somebody hit the Lotto from a store in Queens on HIllside Ave!"I was like-"WHAT???" I only play the BIG drawings QP for about $5.I never check the tickets right away...Guess what?? I'm still a T/O...:P I wish him all the best,it's gotta feel good to leave the MTA on yur own terms! BTW the interest is gonna be NUTS!!!! What's that about-$100,000 for every MIL??!!! My GOD...

I actually feel sorry for the guy, how can he sleep? Everywhere he goes now, he will get stopped, etc. All of the vultures are going to try to sell him something, and everybody that he ever knew in his lifetime will come out of the woodwork asking for handouts. His winning the lottery will most certainly not give him peace of mind. Some of the most miserable people in this world are the wealthy.

It's a fact that most lottery winners go bankrupt in a few years. Yes I know that he won a staggering amount but money comes and it goes. Everything in life happens for a reason I am sure he is saying to himself, why me? Hopefully he does the right thing.

I actually feel sorry for the guy, how can he sleep? Everywhere he goes now, he will get stopped, etc. All of the vultures are going to try to sell him something, and everybody that he ever knew in his lifetime will come out of the woodwork asking for handouts. His winning the lottery will most certainly not give him peace of mind. Some of the most miserable people in this world are the wealthy.

I would have loved to win that! but if it were me I would have packed up and moved far away before claiming the ticket!

From what I heard, he has already told the TA where they can stick his pass.

Then a few years, he will be crawling back to the MTA asking for his job back. Most of these overnight millionaires end up broke quickly.

Archived