Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
beelinefan

400 Series being sold to the MTA?

It was a good deal. These buses were probably bought for $5K to $15K each...that means the total will only be worth a couple of NGs.

I guess is to save money since it cost more to buy new NGs, besides beeline orions 400 are in good condition,but first they mate go back to orion to be modified for MTA specification

Edited by MTARegional Bus

This is good move by the MTA. Bee line's 400s are probaly in better shape than are 6xxx Orions lol. I'm glad they are getting the four VIIs they have. I've ridden it and its much better than those NYCT/MTA Bus POS VII OG/NGs. I hope SC gets those four VIIs, however they might have to be reseated because those low floor portion of the bus has 2X2 seating. However I'm gonna miss riding those VIIs on bee line routes though.

Yea I hardly see any rust on them,if you look at thow's buses it looks like they came from the assemble line,specially the 400 series,looks like new after many years,it a shame that it well going to the mta since there going to be in the same shape as there Orion V'S years from now ;)

Yea I hardly see any rust on them,if you look at thow's buses it looks like they came from the assemble line,specially the 400 series,looks like new after many years,it a shame that it well going to the mta since there going to be in the same shape as there Orion V'S years from now ;)

I agree with you....as much I like our V's some (well most) of them are really bad condition!

gonna miss the 400s loved the pull strings for the stop request.but on the other hand when i had those in the summer.i wouldnt be able to have the A/C on for long because then it would overheat.and cause problems but all the 400s were not like that.only a select few.still gonna miss them.:cool:

Agreed, this is a very good deal especially with the MTA facing a financial crisis. This'll speed up the retirement of those older O5's and RTS's. I hope the majority of these buses goes to Far Rockaway and JFK.

Agreed, this is a very good deal especially with the MTA facing a financial crisis. This'll speed up the retirement of those older O5's and RTS's. I hope the majority of these buses goes to Far Rockaway and JFK.

Another thread on this site says that's exactly where they're going.