Guess the Location IRT style

R33WF

It has to be either: any of the elevated stations on the (1), or the White plains road line from Jackson Avenue to West Farms Square. The reason being is that this has to be a Contract I elevated station.

I dont think the Van Cortland Line north of 157 was open till after the WPR line opened up to E180th- Bronx Park (South of West Farms).

Plus it looks like a platform overhead. West Farms to Jackson looks nothing like that as its rehabed. Maybe Intervale which was rehabbed in 1992. But still doubt

Any hints of wat boro it is Anthony?

well wiki shows that 191st on the (1) opened in 1911

Heh, constructing a line is sometimes easier than constructing an in-fill station.

From NYCSubway.org:

Local station with two tracks and two side platforms. This station is the deepest below the street level at 180 feet down. 191st Street Station was built a few years after this section of the line opened, so its design is a bit newer and it is smaller in scale than the other stations in the deep tunnel.

You're right, Mark :cool:

The only hint is that it an EL station and i took the photo today

WELL there can be lots of ELs like that. Maybe The Background seems werid but it would be nice for a boro!

Ok 225th Street on (1) or whitlock (6)?

WELL there can be lots of ELs like that. Maybe The Background seems werid but it would be nice for a boro!

Well the only IRT els other than the Bronx is the Flushing and Livonia. Livionia doesn't have that nice of workings, and the Flushing is in better shape. So I'm 100% sure this is the BX.

Well the only IRT els other than the Bronx is the Flushing and Livonia. Livionia doesn't have that nice of workings, and the Flushing is in better shape. So I'm 100% sure this is the BX.

Thats what I mean, plus since BMT/IRT owned the Flushing line, why would it say IRT on the Flushing.

I doubt its 125th on the (1) as its renovated. It could be Dyckman Street on the (1) or north[Excluding 231st]

Not the Jerome Line of course since its rehabbed all over for the ELs.

I doubt the (2)(5) Of course. as all stations on the White Plains Road line is renovated excluding Intervale[Tho Rehab in 1992 after that fire there] And E180th Street for the EL. [Jackson to West Farms except Intervale and Bronx Pk East to 241st all renovated)

The Dyre EL and Pelham EL is not renovated of course.

So its ether Van Cortland Line, Dyre Avenue Branch or Pelham Bay Line ELs

For Brooklyn: New Lots Line as its not renovated

The Dyre EL and Pelham EL is not renovated of course.

So its ether Van Cortland Line, Dyre Avenue Branch or Pelham Bay Line ELs

Actually, it can't be the Dyre Avenue line. The Dyre Avenue line wasn't built by the IRT, it was built by the New York and Boston Rail road IIRC. After the city bought the IRT in 1940, they took over that ROW because it was abandoned and connected it to the WPR line.

Actually, it can't be the Dyre Avenue line. The Dyre Avenue line wasn't built by the IRT, it was built by the New York and Boston Rail road IIRC. After the city bought the IRT in 1940, they took over that ROW because it was abandoned and connected it to the WPR line.

But still they could of added it to that Right of Way

The IRT (as a company) didn't exist anymore, so why would the city add that to the el when they bought it?

hmm i guess u got a point, tho during that time the (NYCT) did still consider the lines by its old compnay, IRT IND BMT, which is now A/B Div

Yeah but that pic clearly said "Interborough Rapid Transit" on it, which is the IRT. So it can't be Dyre.

hes from the dyre branch, so im guessing then it would be dyre. Cuz Dyres structure is kinda in a bad shape.

@Anth, is it Morris Park?

hes from the dyre branch, so im guessing then it would be dyre. Cuz Dyres structure is kinda in a bad shape.

@Anth, is it Morris Park?

Its not the dyre line

Archived