Auto-lock threads?

LRG

I've been coming across threads that have not been active in quite some time, like in over a month. Is it possible that a thread can be placed on auto-lock after a certain period of time, such as after 7 days?

What is wrong with grave-digging? Why does it bother people so much? You know, just recently there was a thread open that I wanted to respond to, but it was closed by a moderator who I won't mention, why? Was there a flame war? no. Was there non sense? No. Were people getting off topic? No. His response which I remember clearly, was "why resurrect year old threads?" and he locked the topic. That annoyed me, because a thread was closed for no real reason behind it. I'm sorry, but I disagree strongly, a thread shouldn't be closed for it's age. That is not how a forum should work.

The longest I would give is a year to auto-lock a thread.

I'd say at least a month. Personally everyone said what they had to say already so there is no point in keeping a thread open forever. They should be shut down if all conversations have ceased because no one is interested in the topic anymore.

I'd say at least a month. Personally everyone said what they had to say already so there is no point in keeping a thread open forever. They should be shut down if all conversations have ceased because no one is interested in the topic anymore.

If you're not interested in the topic then don't read it!! Speak for yourself. Because I'm certainly interested in a lot of old topics. Why do you care? If people are discussing things then allow them to do so. And if you don't want to read the topic because it's "old" then don't read it! Don't ruin it for other people :mad::tdown:

Archived