R62/R62A Getting new rollsign

R33WF

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks hot, but I don't think the workers will go easy on this when R62As may undergo another reassignment (it's possible). Those rollsigns have carpal tunnel all over it.

I'm not 100% sure, but I do thik they are electric rollsigns like the one on the R40-46. Either that or they use a rollsign key so it's not like the X handle on old side signs. I would love to see the whole sign though.

I'm not 100% sure, but I do thik they are electric rollsigns like the one on the R40-46. Either that or they use a rollsign key so it's not like the X handle on old side signs. I would love to see the whole sign though.

That is true, but only the R44s and the R46s are capable of changing the front rollsigns with the push of a button, not the R40s and R42s. How they do it I don't know.

That is true, but only the R44s and the R46s are capable of changing the front rollsigns with the push of a button, not the R40s and R42s. How they do it I don't know.

Worng, I have an R40 front sign and it is electric. There is a swtich on top that changes the direction you are scrolling the signs. On all cars R40-46, each front sign is changed individualy.

Worng, I have an R40 front sign and it is electric. There is a swtich on top that changes the direction you are scrolling the signs. On all cars R40-46, each front sign is changed individualy.

Oh, okay. You should BE so lucky to have an R40 front sign! I'm extremely jealous!!!

Okay, firstly it looks terrible. Secondly, the (1) doesn't terminate at Chambers street. Thirdly, they would need too many roll signs to use that. Fourthly, nice catch.

A test at most. The (1) did end at Chambers when they were doing work on South Ferry and the WTC tunnel underpinning.

A test at most. The (1) did end at Chambers when they were doing work on South Ferry and the WTC tunnel underpinning.

Yeah, until they realized that Chambers Street was an inadequate terminal during the day so they had to make the (3) stay in Manhattan and the (1) come to Brooklyn. The (3) was local until there were switching congestion at 14th Street so it was changed.

I would not have this for all possible designations. If the MTA is sure that only NTT's will be on the (5), then just adding a <7> to the rollsign will do enough justice. If the (5) may eventually get back the R62, then adding (5) Nereid Av, (5) Flatbush, (5) Dyre Av, (5) Utica, (5) New Lots, (5) Bowling Green, etc.

This would be a REALLY good idea for (A) Far Rockaway and (A) Lefferts Blvd.

Yeah, until they realized that Chambers Street was an inadequate terminal during the day so they had to make the (3) stay in Manhattan and the (1) come to Brooklyn. The (3) was local until there were switching congestion at 14th Street so it was changed.

Yes, 14th Street is a much more effective terminal than Chambers.

@Amtrak 7: I would use a smaller rollsign and then another rollsign for the destination

Nice catch and photos! That rollsign reminds me of the R110B rollsign to lefferts, which looked slimar to that.

The (A) on the sign did. I don't have a pic unfortunately.

i knew i had one. Its NOT a photo i took. And i forgot where i got it from but as soon as i find out ill credit it to the source.

newyork3.jpg

the sign used for far rock service had

Far Rockaway

via JFK Airport or just via JFK

it was so long ago....lol

Archived