R62/R62A Getting new rollsign

R33WF

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was once on a skip-stop (7) for no apprent reason. It started making skip-stops after Queensboro - It stopped at 40th Lowery, 52nd Lincoln, 61st Woodside, 69th St., 82nd St., Junction Blvd., 111th St. and then Willets Point - Shea Stadium (Mets). I ended up getting off at Main St-Flushing stumped. And you know what the faces of people at 74th Broadway was like - blank while confused...

Hmm...(7) skip-stop seems pretty interesting. The (L) sometimes does something like that, or it'll just zoom by all the lower stations, especially the ones between Lorimer and Myrtle.

Well, that is what happened to me, got on a (7) skip-stop. The (L) sometimes does it too, but only on certain days or trying to catch up to the next train so there won't be a long wait time.

Battery runs can be found on any line if there are delays so significant that it makes sense into skipping a few stops

If this gets through, they will have rollsigns that would show the (1) going to places like New Lots, Utica, Flatbush or whatever godforesaken place the (1) could go to. I think that was the intention, because apparently some riders don't know where the train would go. (Lame excuse, the side rollsigns have a good amount of information)

thats because they dont bother to READ!!! i mean it tells these jagg-off riders throughout the train where its going, not to mention maps its the same way when u come to a toll plaza, it becomes total chaos because people are just confused you see these people zig zagging allover the place, those new roll signs look brutal, keep em the way they were since day one

Well, that is what happened to me, got on a (7) skip-stop. The (L) sometimes does it too, but only on certain days or trying to catch up to the next train so there won't be a long wait time.

I've been on an (L) train that batteried from Lorimer Street to Broadway Junction (stopping at Myrtle). That's because we had to wait almost 10-15 minutes at Lorimer before an (L) train came.

Battery runs can be found on any line if there are delays so significant that it makes sense into skipping a few stops

(2) and (5) trains sometimes battery from Flatbush to President, even skipping Church Avenue (this happened in 2001). Battery runs are pretty fun, that is, if it stops at your station.

Archived