I Think This Would Make The R142 & R160s Perfect

like you know when you inside the train and u see the Tv in the R160s

Maybe one the Right windos Put Like A Screene or sumthin And Just have The Letter BIG there

Just one more thing that can break. I'm in favor of the standard front rollsigns. The digital ones could work if they were LED AND reliable

The right window? Well then how will the T/O see the tracks and operate the train?

Um, on the right side of the train the cars can have those LED TVs with the route of the train. If you're looking from the front of the train, as if when the train pulls into the station, you'll clearly see that the motorman is on the left side.

Um, on the right side of the train the cars can have those LED TVs with the route of the train. If you're looking from the front of the train, as if when the train pulls into the station, you'll clearly see that the motorman is on the left side.

Wrong, the M/M sits on the right hand side of the train. When you talk about adding things to trains such as on the front, you talk as if you are on board the train meaning that the right hand side is where the M/M sits.

Wrong, the M/M sits on the right hand side of the train. When you talk about adding things to trains such as on the front, you talk as if you are on board the train meaning that the right hand side is where the M/M sits.

No, I'm talking in the perspective if a train was pulling into the station. You would see the motorman on your left and either the window (R142) or nothing (R143 and R160) on the right.

No, I'm talking in the perspective if a train was pulling into the station. You would see the motorman on your left and either the window (R142) or nothing (R143 and R160) on the right.

Ok, then make sure you explain that so every one is on the same page. I really do not think it is needed since the electronic side signs are usually set right and the automatic announcements are made on the out side of the train. I think new rollsigns like those on the R62 that have the destination under the bullet would be better. A simplified version of a destination sign under the route rollsign box would be better so you would not need 20 different reading for each sign.

Ok, then make sure you explain that so every one is on the same page. I really do not think it is needed since the electronic side signs are usually set right and the automatic announcements are made on the out side of the train. I think new rollsigns like those on the R62 that have the destination under the bullet would be better. A simplified version of a destination sign under the route rollsign box would be better so you would not need 20 different reading for each sign.

Agreed, although rollsigns are becoming a thing of the past and are now mainly obsolete. If they installed those LED signs with the route and the destinations on the outside, similar to how the R160s have those LED TVs next to the FIND maps, then that would be much better.

This is my idea, move the route sign box all the way to the top of the box. Then in the space under it add a narrow rollsign with B Division destinations that would not iclude any Eastern Division since the 75's can't go there. If any thing other then a rollsign shoyld be used, white LEDs with a seperate control from the side sign on the R44/46.

Newrollsign.jpg

img_87667.jpg

Yeah, I rather much see that than the MTA logo in the front. I mean, seriously, we all know the R142s, R143s and R160s are property of the MTA, the MTA needs not to emphasise this point any further.

The R142/A don't have the MTA logo on their fronts,only the R143 and R160 cars

have the logo on the front.

I dont like the idea of a box underneath

lets say A R142 (6) Pulls Up In 14st Its Quite hard to see if its a (6) or <6>

now if you have this BIG GIANTIC 6 in you Face you know he diffrence.

and dont sat listen to announcements cause not ever one does people hear music and play video games and dont really pay attention to all thats and just count there way

and dont sat listen to announcements cause not ever one does people hear music and play video games and dont really pay attention to all thats and just count there way

Well that's their own fault. If they're distracted and miss their stop it's no different than being distracted at an airport and missing their boarding call. A self smack on the head for being a retarded dolt and then on with life, with no one to blame but themsleves...

Well that's their own fault. If they're distracted and miss their stop it's no different than being distracted at an airport and missing their boarding call. A self smack on the head for being a retarded dolt and then on with life, with no one to blame but themsleves...
and he want's the MTA to spend money on these morons that can't bother to see where they are going.

Then that is a different story, it's not that enough info is not provided it just means that people are too dumb and self-absorbed. Pull the iPod out of your ears and pay attention

Then that is a different story, it's not that enough info is not provided it just means that people are too dumb and self-absorbed. Pull the iPod out of your ears and pay attention

They could still have an iPod in their ears... all they have to do is look at the FIND or LCD panel

They could still have an iPod in their ears... all they have to do is look at the FIND or LCD panel

Still though. If the find is malfunctioning, or it's an older car without station information, all they have to do is look out the window when the train is entering the next station to see where they are. If they don't do that, no matter how badly the technology fails, it's their own fault when their stop goes whizzing by in the background.

People have become, er "synonyms for cats", and they want someone else to do EVERYTHING for them. Personal responsibility is a thing of the past. "Mommy dearest" needs to set all the signs for them so they know where to go.

Archived