Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

i heard that the most of the 18-1900's are gone, however I did see 1895 on the BM3 the other night. Spring Creek also lost 3000-3004, 3100-3102, 3209, 3212 and 3252 to College Point and Far Rockaway.

Yes, but they picked up 3231, 3235-3237,3240-3242, 3244-3245, 3247, 3304, so total 2005-07 MCI D4500CL count is still 49 units. Earlier MCI count still show 13 of the 1800 & 1900 MCI's, down from 17 last month, but I think you are right, these might be on their way out. They seemed a bit run out when SC first got them, but compared to a clapped out O5, I'll take one any day. I know tall drivers especially do not like the 1800's because of poor leg room.

One possibility is that the driver could be requesting those buses as many drivers prefer those because they are not as long and also much faster.

A possibility, but why should a driver decide what bus is most needed and where based on what he feels like driving? Usage demands should dictate this. People should not be standing up hanging onto the bars in mid-July because a driver can't man-up and drive a real bus. Besides, the last O5 I was on could barely make it up the Gowanus overpass hill out of the Battery Tunnel.

The other lines may have busy trips earlier in the day which could be why they get an MCI. There are also now alot less Orion V's on the express lines due to the new MCI's and the 3200's coming in. The Orion V's will most likely be off the express lines soon and put onto local lines.

Doubtful, since BM-1 ridership, followed by BM-2 ridership outstrips the other lines at all times, especially rush hours. And SC is still not properly allowing that there is at least as much downtown BM-1 demand as there is midtown. More midtown runs are always scheduled, But I see the lines every day at the stops. More people are waiting for downtowns.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really hate asking again and again, but I just wish to get a straight answer.

What about Ulmer Park? I know its a small depot, but seriously, nobody wants to ride old and dirty buses with the seats feeling like they are about to fall off.

I may not understand much about buses and models and all those numbers and I probably missed the point of the topic, but surely there has to be something in that bus swap that will leave Ulmer Park with at least some newer and cleaner buses. I wouldn't mind if its the same looking buses as long as they don't feel like they are about to break from under you.

Once again, sorry if this is off topic in anyway, its just I have to take those buses everyday.

I felt the same way with Jamaica Depot but I read they are getting the new buses (O7NG), and Ulmer Park Depot and Jamaica Depot are kinda in the same boat because they're buses are the oldest overall out of all the depots, so that leads me to believe that they will get something new.

I feel that FR was getting all crap buses under Green Lines. I was happy to see a fresh fleet under (MTA) with the arrival of the first O7 Hybrids. Now to hear that not only are we not getting NGs anytime soon, we are once again getting Hand-me-downs. Now i like Bee-Lines fleet. and i dont mond seeing O5s back in the rock. HF buses have a slightly higher capacity, but im personally sick of hand-me-downs. Now its true JFK has O7NGs, and it still seems common practice to see JFK and FR trade buses, not as much as under Green Lines, but that still doesnt garauntee Rockaway having NG's. unless it on the Q53 out of LGA or the occasional Subway G.O.

FR has seen, WMATA reject O5's, NYCT hand-me-down O5's and now Bee-line retired O5's?

Hi all you insiders. As a rider on the BM-1 daily, the burning question is when are the miserable Orion 5 CNGs going to be retired from express service. That bus had no business ever running in express service. It's a local stop bus. The cushioned (very TINY) seats don't give it a pass either. They suck out loud.

Also, I no longer see 1800 and 1900 MCI's running much. Are they gone?

Who determines what bus is assigned to what run, because the BM-1 ridership might hunt him down and whack him. They keep assigning Orion 5 CNG's to the 5 o'clock downtown BM-1, while the 2, 3 and 4 all have shiney new MCI's. Problem is the BM-1 ridership is double that of any other downtown BM runs. Who can we scream at to get relief?

Good resource allocation alone should put an MCI on all BM-1 downtowns in rush hours. We have been leaving Manhattan stuffed to capacity on crummy O5's and half the time, 6 or more people are standing up, while the BM-2,3 & 4 MCI's leave nearly empty. Abuse! We are paying $5.50 for an express bus, and we are tired of not getting what we pay for.

A few of the 1800s had been here, but they may be gone now having been replaced by 2229-2250; they also displaced 5 O5 CNGs to College Point.

I feel that FR was getting all crap buses under Green Lines. I was happy to see a fresh fleet under (MTA) with the arrival of the first O7 Hybrids. Now to hear that not only are we not getting NGs anytime soon, we are once again getting Hand-me-downs. Now i like Bee-Lines fleet. and i dont mond seeing O5s back in the rock. HF buses have a slightly higher capacity, but im personally sick of hand-me-downs. Now its true JFK has O7NGs, and it still seems common practice to see JFK and FR trade buses, not as much as under Green Lines, but that still doesnt garauntee Rockaway having NG's. unless it on the Q53 out of LGA or the occasional Subway G.O.

FR has seen, WMATA reject O5's, NYCT hand-me-down O5's and now Bee-line retired O5's?

Since Staten Island stopped being a dumping ground, Far Rockaway has become the place to stash old buses along with Baisley Park.

If Baisley Park is supposed to get O7 NGs, they may need a bus again for training (there are likely some drivers who never took turns on the three demos when they were there).

Wow that new to me that that Bee line Orion V is coming to the (MTA) Bus very soon. Straight out of the Westchester County. And the WF Should continue keep the TMC and not moving to LGA Depot. If that's thecase those should get scrapped then should renew those buses and make it look brand new again. Instead of the company wasting their money order new buses.

why is (NYCT) thinking to keep 16 years old 1993 RTS #8405 ,

#8407 , #8556 - #8561 at West Farms depot. at least College Point depot

are givng up not that many 1997 orion5 CNG send them to Spring

creek depot, why at least sending not that many #9800 series

to Spring Creek for trade for 1995 orion5 CNG #700 series.

at Least West Farms Depot , College Point Depot and spring creek

could do bus swamp.

1. College Point should consider givng up 7 orion5 CNG

send them to West Farms Depot.

West Farms Depot will give up 1993 RTS #8405 , #8407 ,

#8556 - #8561 send them to Spring Creek Depot.

Spring Creek Depot will recieve new Orion7NG

#4245 - #4278. by then spring Creek Depot will retire

1993 RTS ( 16 years old RTS)

Staten Island Depot will recieve new Orion7NG. so they will able discontinued

(#3800 series) how many they have left in the depot in Casleton Depot

or yukon Depot. they will send #3800 series (#3830 - #3869?

to Micheal J. Quill depot) so you wont see #3800 series no more

at Staten Island. all #3800 series you will able to catch in Manhattan

And why would they discontinue the 3800's when they came out last year?

What are you talking about? Except for 3877 (I believe), there are no more 3800 Hybrids in Staten Island.

Okay so everybody should know we're in for a big bus swap about to incur in (MTA) Bus. My uncle works with the bus orders and knows most of the people who handle with the new bus order assignments (Idk what title it is, but w/e). So here's the deal (this is a long passage so bear with me):

1) 4220-4249 as well as 3960-3969 will be heading to Flatbush. This will displace ALL 30 TMC buses. Those buses (for now) will be split between Baisley Park and LaGuardia. 4250-4278 will be most likely heading to MTA Bus, although for now it seems like either Baisley Park or LaGuardia (we'll see in the next few weeks). Far Rockaway/Spring Creek/College Point will NOT receive the Orion 7 NG in the near future. Expected this

2) As CPBO stated before, LGA/CP will be moving bus routes this Fall and Winter, meaning more CNG buses moved to West Farms and more MCI buses moved from LGA to CP. West Farms will then move their TMC buses to LaGuardia while their 93 O-5s will move to scrap. By the end of the year, ALL 90-91 TMCs will be retired with most of the 93 O5s retired. The NovaBuses will also be moved to another depot (that will be for later). I think the Q66, 67, 100, 101, 102, 103 and 104 might move. Those are my guesses

3) The Bee-Line Orion 5 buses will be heading to (MTA) Bus. The bus depots that will have them are Far Rockaway and JFK (Spring Creek may get some as well, but that's not on the option yet). Far Rockaway will be losing some Hybrids to either LaGuardia or Baisley Park (3749-3758) and ALL of their TMC buses. JFK will lose ALL of their TMC (and possibly some of their Hybrid) and retire their 93 O5 buses as well. The numbers will be revealed shortly because they will start being delivered to the depots around August-September (they desperately want the 90-91, PBL TMCs replaced). They will go in service with their original paint and with the automated door (they will be repainted whenever they can and the automated door will stay). Also, they are discussing whether to also take the 4 Orion 7s (201-204) as well. If so, that will be 3784-3787 and moved to LGA or BP.So JFK will no longer has RTS's?

Sorry this post is long, but that should give you an idea of the new and improved changes happening in (MTA) Bus. This will be a very interesting deal happening over the next few months.

Relpies in red

Archived