Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

are (MTA) bus also consider retiring 1993 RTS #9700 - #9799

( 1993 - 1994 RTS) and #1100 series , and #7100 - #7200

( series) #7100 - #7200 are Nova Bus.? one point why

would (MTA) Bus want to keep more of #1100 , #9700 - #9799 ,

#7100 - #7200 when those bus now came for their retirment this year.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are (MTA) bus also consider retiring 1993 RTS #9700 - #9799

( 1993 - 1994 RTS) and #1100 series , and #7100 - #7200

( series) #7100 - #7200 are Nova Bus.? one point why

would (MTA) Bus want to keep more of #1100 , #9700 - #9799 ,

#7100 - #7200 when those bus now came for their retirment this year.

I thought I said that already that ALL of the PBL TMCs are gonna be retiring as well as the 1990-1991 TMCs and 1993 O5 and no 7100-7200 are TMCs not NovaBuses.

And to answer your question Q43LTD, Far Rockaway and JFK will become ALL Orion.

BTW the buses are slowly retiring and should be heading to the depots in the next few weeks. So far, it looks like they will go in service immediately after being placed into the depots.

no that means that my favorite pbl bus will be gone 1196 from bp to get more hamney down busses what gives with that? and yes i think bp should get a ng batch . and i wonder when jamica will recive there 1st ng and what route.

I thought I said that already that ALL of the PBL TMCs are gonna be retiring as well as the 1990-1991 TMCs and 1993 O5 and no 7100-7200 are TMCs not NovaBuses.

And to answer your question Q43LTD, Far Rockaway and JFK will become ALL Orion.

BTW the buses are slowly retiring and should be heading to the depots in the next few weeks. So far, it looks like they will go in service immediately after being placed into the depots.

Thanks for the update

no that means that my favorite pbl bus will be gone 1196 from bp to get more hamney down busses what gives with that? and yes i think bp should get a ng batch . and i wonder when jamica will recive there 1st ng and what route.

Jamaica needs rehab first, then they'll get NG's. As for which which route, who knows

Okay so everybody should know we're in for a big bus swap about to incur in (MTA) Bus. My uncle works with the bus orders and knows most of the people who handle with the new bus order assignments (Idk what title it is, but w/e). So here's the deal (this is a long passage so bear with me):

1) 4220-4249 as well as 3960-3969 will be heading to Flatbush. This will displace ALL 30 TMC buses. Those buses (for now) will be split between Baisley Park and LaGuardia. 4250-4278 will be most likely heading to MTA Bus, although for now it seems like either Baisley Park or LaGuardia (we'll see in the next few weeks). Far Rockaway/Spring Creek/College Point will NOT receive the Orion 7 NG in the near future.

2) As CPBO stated before, LGA/CP will be moving bus routes this Fall and Winter, meaning more CNG buses moved to West Farms and more MCI buses moved from LGA to CP. West Farms will then move their TMC buses to LaGuardia while their 93 O-5s will move to scrap. By the end of the year, ALL 90-91 TMCs will be retired with most of the 93 O5s retired. The NovaBuses will also be moved to another depot (that will be for later).

3) The Bee-Line Orion 5 buses will be heading to (MTA) Bus. The bus depots that will have them are Far Rockaway and JFK (Spring Creek may get some as well, but that's not on the option yet). Far Rockaway will be losing some Hybrids to either LaGuardia or Baisley Park (3749-3758) and ALL of their TMC buses. JFK will lose ALL of their TMC (and possibly some of their Hybrid) and retire their 93 O5 buses as well. The numbers will be revealed shortly because they will start being delivered to the depots around August-September (they desperately want the 90-91, PBL TMCs replaced). They will go in service with their original paint and with the automated door (they will be repainted whenever they can and the automated door will stay). Also, they are discussing whether to also take the 4 Orion 7s (201-204) as well. If so, that will be 3784-3787 and moved to LGA or BP.

Sorry this post is long, but that should give you an idea of the new and improved changes happening in (MTA) Bus. This will be a very interesting deal happening over the next few months.

Also, My freind that works at BP said the MTA want the ex-PBL 1993-94 TMC's gone also (I hope that don't happen) BP already gotten rid of 4 already, And I think those 4 Orion VII Hybirds would go to BP, My freind also told me that LGA will get more NG, 4250-4278 would round up at LGA.

4245-4278 are going to Castleton, 4248 is already there.

As for Jamaica why would it need to be rebuilt 1st? It was able to house MCIs just fine so NGs will fit now.

What I want to know is what local buses are going to Eastchester for the Qbx1 and when the fall pick goes into affect?

So CP is just gonna be an express bus-only depot?

As for Jamaica, I heard the depot was so bad, it couldn't house MCI's or O5's.

Oh yeahhhh :tup:

<Q>m1 -2 -3 -4

<Q>m10- 11 -12 -24

and drum roll please maybe Q51 from casey is in talks as well:tup:

I could see the X51 being merged with the QM3 actually, with most runs ending at the end of Sanford Avenue, but 2-3 runs continuing on down Northern to/from Deepdale (Douglaston) down Little Neck Parkway.

They want the 1990-91 RTS gone but they have been way more reliable than the Orion V's that MTA Bus/NYCT Have, And also those 1997 ex-Green Lines Orioin V's will be going bye-bye also from what I Hear, Due to the fact they don't meet up to MTA standards.

Yeah I would like to know the same thing with these WCBL O-5s as well. Mean while the FLA/WF TMCs have not yet arrived to the LGA depot as of yet. Trainspot12 any further news?

That's because the NG delivery is a mess right now. CS is still missing I think 3 buses, FLA doesn't have 10 of their 4200s and somehow CAS has 1. The TMCs moving from FLA to MTA Bus relies solely on those 4200s displacing them. As for WF's buses I think that has to do with the pick not starting until the 1st or 2nd weekend of September.

Archived