Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah its now a mess since 3 of CS buses haven't been delivered yet (however, they will be by the end of next week HOPEFULLY). Originally 4245-4278 was supposed to go to Baisley Park, however, they are going to CAS. As for the Bee Line O-5, still no updates as of yet.

And Btw, NO they are not retiring the 1997 PBL O-5s. They will retrofit them using the 1993 O-5 seats.

Are there any other MJQ TMCs going to MTA Bus?

Yea they are.....those are well kept buses that mike j had some will go or most of them to lga depot some also to basiley park.....where at least u will know that buses at bp depot will be in tack.......

(J)(F)(K)....(JFK)(EE)

Yeah its now a mess since 3 of CS buses haven't been delivered yet (however, they will be by the end of next week HOPEFULLY). Originally 4245-4278 was supposed to go to Baisley Park, however, they are going to CAS. As for the Bee Line O-5, still no updates as of yet.

And Btw, NO they are not retiring the 1997 PBL O-5s. They will retrofit them using the 1993 O-5 seats.

Not for nothing, 4245-4278 has been planned for CAS all along! Got this from a very strong source!

Also SC is still slated for NG's. The 1's out of JFK was supposed to be SC buses however since SC was getting the 2200's into service @ that time, they swap with JFK in the NG order and SC will get what JFK was to get later on!

IDK about BP as of right now however CP is not getting any NG's

That Sucks, Why do they down side Basiley Park Depot, All they are going to do is give us junk. 9328 has been OOS for over 4 months now, It saw service 3 times only, 8479 has been OOS for a month now, The only buses I don't Mind is the 1990-91 RTS and the 94 TMC's along with the OG Orion VII's

The Designlines are going to be split into 2 depots: Grand Avenue and MJQ. With this, Grand Avenue will retire the 1990-1991 TMCs and move all of the 1993 TMCs to MTA Bus (Baisley Park/LaGuardia). Most of the TMCs at MJQ will go to MTA Bus with some of them retiring. Also with this, some of the 1993/1994 TMCs will retire as well.

Still no update with the Bee Line O-5 just yet. We will know the numbers of them in a few weeks (it might be 1201-1284, but its not official just yet). And to those who think the 1997 PBL O-5 are being retired, that is false. They will retrofit them using the 1993 O-5 seats. The only PBL O-5 buses being retired (or already is) is 5894-5897 (the single door O-5).

Anybody know when Spring Creek is going to stop using O5 CNG's on express service? They surely have enough MCI's that all express routes should be 100% MCI equipped.

They should put the O5 CNG's on the B-103 since that is a long run, but not express fare, and the soft seats would probably not be a problem, since it is a commuter route for people going to downtown Brooklyn, not a schoolbus for rowdy teens.

That Sucks, Why do they down side Basiley Park Depot, All they are going to do is give us junk. 9328 has been OOS for over 4 months now, It saw service 3 times only, 8479 has been OOS for a month now, The only buses I don't Mind is the 1990-91 RTS and the 94 TMC's along with the OG Orion VII's
agreed why do they always give Bp the hamneydown busses that was used and trashed.they should get sumthin better than those rts from other depots.:tdown::)

Anybody know when Spring Creek is going to stop using O5 CNG's on express service? They surely have enough MCI's that all express routes should be 100% MCI equipped.

They should put the O5 CNG's on the B-103 since that is a long run, but not express fare, and the soft seats would probably not be a problem, since it is a commuter route for people going to downtown Brooklyn, not a schoolbus for rowdy teens.

Theres already some V CNGs on the 103 and what would you do with the hybrids? Rowdy teens do ride on the B103, I used to fan it every friday during the school year and the 103 does get SRO just from school kids alone! They mainly get on at Chruch and Ocean, along CI Ave and the Junction.

Btw, MTA placed an order for 18 Prevost express buses but will replace the 1800/1900s though. The 1800s are in bad shape, worst than the CNGs so they will have to retire those first before knocking the CNGs out of express service.

Theres already some V CNGs on the 103 and what would you do with the hybrids? Rowdy teens do ride on the B103, I used to fan it every friday during the school year and the 103 does get SRO just from school kids alone! They mainly get on at Chruch and Ocean, along CI Ave and the Junction.

Btw, MTA placed an order for 18 Prevost express buses but will replace the 1800/1900s though. The 1800s are in bad shape, worst than the CNGs so they will have to retire those first before knocking the CNGs out of express service.

Why couldn't they order MCI 's

Why couldn't they order MCI 's
MTA took advantage of MCI so MCI gave them messed up buses, because MCI wants nothing to do with MTA anymore. That's why the D4500CT's was in EAS, they had problems with the exhaust being WAY too hot.
agreed why do they always give Bp the hamneydown busses that was used and trashed.they should get sumthin better than those rts from other depots.

Actually those RTS run really really good in BP for the most part.

Perhaps someone, either trainspot or anyone in the know can confirm what I was told by one of my sources...

I've been told that the roster for the O5 CNGs going to West Farms is tentatively set at 51 buses total, from 9827 - 9876. This is to cover the 1993-4 TMCs going to BP and LGA, the 1998-99 O5s, and the retiring 1990 TMCs and the 1993 O5s.

I am also told the 1994-95 O5s there are being retired / replaced as well. Any info is greatly appreciated...

MF'86

<4>

Perhaps someone, either trainspot or anyone in the know can confirm what I was told by one of my sources...

I've been told that the roster for the O5 CNGs going to West Farms is tentatively set at 51 buses total, from 9827 - 9876. This is to cover the 1993-4 TMCs going to BP and LGA, the 1998-99 O5s, and the retiring 1990 TMCs and the 1993 O5s.

I am also told the 1994-95 O5s there are being retired / replaced as well. Any info is greatly appreciated...

MF'86

<4>

I heard that the Orion NGs will retire the 1994-1995 O-5s (if that's what your talking about). But with this swap, they will probably retire the worst shaped O-5s.

And to answer your question, yes West Farms is getting more O-5 CNGs to replace ALL the TMC/Deisel O-5 (about 60 buses).

8205 and 8212 are TEMPORARILY at LGA. They will not be there for long.

I heard that the Orion NGs will retire the 1994-1995 O-5s (if that's what your talking about). But with this swap, they will probably retire the worst shaped O-5s.

And to answer your question, yes West Farms is getting more O-5 CNGs to replace ALL the TMC/Deisel O-5 (about 60 buses).

That's interesting.

I know its not really related but where do y'all get those destination sign signatures?

Ah...interesting, confirmed then. Thanks for the info. : ) So it might be safe to assume that the O5 CNGs might go passed 9876 then. 8205 and 8212 going to LGA, even if it's temporarily, doesn't suprise me, seeing the condition of other buses there.

MF'86

<4>

Archived