Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The moment we have all been waiting for has finally happened. There are 6 WCBL O-5s now at the ECH depot. Im sorry but the #s are not available they have all been blanked out. :)

i guess its only a matter of time before i see them down in the Rock!

TJ, if you can, keep me posted. the day they arrive at FR is the day im snappin pics hard!!!!

Actually theres 10 of them at ECH (I talked to my uncle finally last night). They are getting repainted into the standard NYCT style. Numbers will be revealed very shortly (my uncle said it might be 1201-1284 but still not sure yet).

Look for them very soon to head to Far Rockaway and JFK.

MTA took advantage of MCI so MCI gave them messed up buses, because MCI wants nothing to do with MTA anymore. That's why the D4500CT's was in EAS, they had problems with the exhaust being WAY too hot.Actually those RTS run really really good in BP for the most part.

Good the Prevost are much better designs then the MCI,now I see why greyhound order those buses instead of MCI.

Good the Prevost are much better designs then the MCI,now I see why greyhound order those buses instead of MCI.

I never been on an Prevost but I heard that the legroom for riders on those is not that good. However I do like the way the Jake Brake sounds in those buses, its a bit louder than an MCI. But knowing the MTA, there not going to use the Jake Brake, but then again they don't need to as most of the MTA express routes are stoping and going.

Sightly off topic but being that the MTA has bought hand me downs from Bee line.. Imagne if the MTA bought MC12s from Greyhound to replace the 1800/1900s & CNG, man I would FMAO!

One Question, where are those 1999 Orion V's from WF are going to go?
I'm guessing Eastchester for the QBx1, as 6013, 6015, 6016 and 6017 is in Eastchester. Maybe they're just going to stay for a while I don't know.

Yeah, MCI was giving (MTA) a discount on the buses, then (MTA) took advantage and ordered about 800 of them things, took a lot of money from MCI and they're not too happy about it.

EDIT: Sorry about double posting.

Yeah, MCI was giving (MTA) a discount on the buses, then (MTA) took advantage and ordered about 800 of them things, took a lot of money from MCI and they're not too happy about it.

In all honesty, what did they expect? Hand someone free money and they're gonna take it.

Archived