Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

Well so far I don't see the Q66 or Q65 mentioned, so there'll still be a few CNG's around for those lines at least.

Speaking of West Farms, are they going to give JG back those O7's they've taken over the past few months? Or is JG fine as it is now?

Since those go further east (Flushing, etc), they'll likely stay at CP.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went by ECH yesterday and seen those Bee line 400s in storage there, they look brand new! Hard to belive those buses are 12+ years old. For some weird reason there was a bunch of Allison Transmissions sitting in front of the buses. Nice to see 9303 there, good riddence! sad to see the Cummings CNGs there.:P Also, I seen an GH NG making some sort of death tick/screeching/sputting noise, it was doing one of those things but I'm not exactly sure lol. Its the fouth different depot where I seen an NG making those type of noises.

Btw does anybody know what happend to those FLA 8400/8500s that got replaced with this second batch of NGs? I haven't seen any in service or at ECH storage/scrap, they seem to have fell off the face of the earth lol.

Since those go further east (Flushing, etc), they'll likely stay at CP.

I'm thinking the Q66 goes to LGA and the Q65 stays at CP. The line-ups could look like this:

CP-Q25, 34, 64, 65, QM1/1A, 2/2A, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 22, 24

LGA-Q18, 19, 23, 29, 33, 38, 39, 45, 47, 49, 53, 66, 67, 69, 72, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104

I'm thinking the Q66 goes to LGA and the Q65 stays at CP. The line-ups could look like this:

CP-Q25, 34, 64, 65, QM1/1A, 2/2A, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 22, 24

LGA-Q18, 19, 23, 29, 33, 38, 39, 45, 47, 49, 53, 66, 67, 69, 72, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104

That's good, CNG's will still be at CP. Sad they bulk of them will be going to WF though :P

How's WF in maintaining their buses anyway?

West Farms is the best out of The Bronx division. Their maintenence is like MJQ and BP.
Hell no West Farms is worse than Gun Hill, just because West Farms wash buses more don't mean that thier buses run better. West Farms is trash, they used to be good, and what you know about the Bronx?

Also, I seen an GH NG making some sort of death tick/screeching/sputting noise, it was doing one of those things but I'm not exactly sure lol. Its the fouth different depot where I seen an NG making those type of noises
That isn't even a mechanical problem......... They're supposed to do that, newer Cummins engines do that.

When MJQ got 1070-1109 from West Farms, those buses had no issues whatsoever. On the other hand, when MJQ got the 53xx Artics from Gun Hill, those buses were in terrible shape. The last time I rode on a Gun Hill bus, the ride and feel of the bus wasn't great. To say that Gun Hill is better than West Farms is like saying LaGuardia Depot is better than Baisley Park.
West Farms used to be good, I live in the Bronx I know what I'm talking about. Gun Hill maintains the Vs better than any other depot, thier 5700s as well. They don't clean the back of them often though, only issue. 5768 is the only POS 5700. I ain't having no east village dude tell me otherwise.

Gun Hill maintains their Orion V's better than any other depot? I'm laughing. When Mother Clara Hale had Orion V's, there were the best maintained Diesel Orion V's in the system. The only reason why the 57xx D60HF's are at Gun Hill is because they DEMANDED those buses from MJQ. Lastly, you seem to have a problem with the East Village. Do I talk smack about your neighborhood, no. Then don't ever bother doing the same.
Who said I have a problem with East Village? And is MCH open anymore? No. I get my info from a bus driver who's been on the job from many years, he just drive 6128 on the Bx28 doing over 70. This aint the first Gun Hill bus to run that good. What the f*** is your problem? You're nothing but an annoyance ever since you was unbanned. I'm sick and tired of you. And Gun Hill fixed up many of those 5700s so stop assuming it's all MJQ.

Guys, would you please just SHUT IT. This thread is about (MTA) Bus and the buses that are getting swapped and added to the rosters or whatever, not Gun Hill. Back on topic please.

Word! being a bx native and chill in the east ville( work in the west ville) talking smack about any neighborhood is not what we're here for!

Back to topic!

I beleive it was trainspot22(correct me if im wrong) who went by ECH to see the BL O5's. How did they look other than mint condition? any work done on them yet? Im waiting for there arrival here in Qns.

GC, i agree with you on FR taking over the Q53. It can only be feisable if its split with LG. FR already splits most of their routes with JFK and SC. the only routes FR has to themselves is the Q21,Q22,Q35,QM16/17. They slpit the Q8, Q11, QM15, and i beleive 2 or 3 more with JFK and the B100 with SC. I beleive its the one depot with the most split routes. itll be interesting to see what happens with the arrival of BL's O5s.

Thanks for the updates ya'll!

Thanks.

And one of these days I'm kinda hoping they might split the Q35 to have some buses based from Flatbush depot and for the B100 to either be kept or partially replaced by the B2 and then be based from Flatbush.

I can see the B2 getting replaced IF the B100 gets rerouted to Ave U to serve Kings Plaza. And the Q35 split with FLA? its can be possible. but FR has enough split routes as it is

There was one ex-BL O5 on tuesday with the yellow stripe removed and nothing else changed.

As for WF, the CP CNGS will go from getting beat up in Queens to getting beat up in the Bronx. WF whitebacks the hell out of their buses but they don't take care of them otherwise.

IAWTP fully.

I can see the B2 getting replaced IF the B100 gets rerouted to Ave U to serve Kings Plaza. And the Q35 split with FLA? its can be possible. but FR has enough split routes as it is

True, I only say split the Q35 since it passes right by Flatbush depot.

I don't think you need to reroute the B100 to there. To apease the B2 to KP crowds, they should give everyone a free transfer card or make it a 3rd-leg transfer. Riders have the B9,B41,Q35 to go to KP.

The other solution would be to have the B100 replace the portion of the B41 on Av N [run on Fillmore, turn north on Utica then turn east on N and continue east] and then eventually get back to Mill basin.

The problem with some routes is that there are at the wrong depot. The Q53 is an excellent example. The route is better off being at FR rather than LGA due to the amount of deadhead time.

Triboro made that route so people living in woodside could get to the beach so thats why its a LGA. Theres no room at FR for that route, they need a bigger Bus Depot/storage yard. Its bad enough that the current FR Depot only has like two maintence bays lol.

Triboro made that route so people living in woodside could get to the beach so thats why its a LGA. Theres no room at FR for that route, they need a bigger Bus Depot/storage yard. Its bad enough that the current FR Depot only has like two maintence bays lol.

actually, triboro created the Q53 as a replacement to LIRR's Rockaway Beach service after the burning of the trestle across the Jamaica bay and then shortened service to hamilton Bch then to Ozone Pk. FR currently has a good majority of GLs old Express runs. They can handle the route if they give up some of the routes they split with JFK. Split the route with LG i would say. Runs that end in Rock Pk could go to FR and runs ending in Woodside could go to LG

actually, triboro created the Q53 as a replacement to LIRR's Rockaway Beach service after the burning of the trestle across the Jamaica bay and then shortened service to hamilton Bch then to Ozone Pk. FR currently has a good majority of GLs old Express runs. They can handle the route if they give up some of the routes they split with JFK. Split the route with LG i would say. Runs that end in Rock Pk could go to FR and runs ending in Woodside could go to LG

Then I stand corrected.

I'd click the thank you button if you had one. I totally agree 100%

Archived