Major Bus Depot Swaps/Moves

trainspot12

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I recall MCH sent 6240-6270 to KB, and 6261 was one of the oddballs that ended up at YUK. So, are you saying its back at KB now?

The ones that went to the Bronx from YUK were a lot better than the CAS ones.

Yep, according to a member of TTMG, 6261 is back at KB.

CS for storage???

CNG's to CS? That's really odd. What are they doing there? Getting their 'NYCT' signs or something?

That is what the driver told me.....he is driving to CS to drop them off for storage....I found that odd as well.....

To be honest, I would give Yukon/Castleton & Gun Hill a tie when it comes to Maintaining Vs.

On another note, Yukon's 6261 made it to Kingsbridge.....that gave me a sad face cause that bus was really good.

I think giving Yukon & Gun Hill a tie would be better. Castleton isn't up to par with Yukon's standards as you can tell the difference a CAS O5 and a YUK O5. Yukon's buses are generally cleaner and better maintained.

And Castleton still has yet to re-seat all of their O5s (about 5-6 left) as this is what CAS 6138 still looks like as of yesterday.

img0076wj.jpg

I think giving Yukon & Gun Hill a tie would be better. Castleton isn't up to par with Yukon's standards as you can tell the difference a CAS O5 and a YUK O5. Yukon's buses are generally cleaner and better maintained.

And Castleton still has yet to re-seat all of their O5s (about 5-6 left) as this is what CAS 6138 still looks like as of yesterday.

img0076wj.jpg

Ick, ok, I retract my statement. Yukon does seem better, and those new MCIs they got dont even look messed up yet, just a bit dirty but what bus isnt dirty? :)

Ick, ok, I retract my statement. Yukon does seem better, and those new MCIs they got dont even look messed up yet, just a bit dirty but what bus isnt dirty? :)
Gun Hill is better than both Staten Island Depots in those 6000 series maintenance. People don't believe that but I go riding these buses at midnight with my friend driving to really see how good they are, the driver himself said Gun Hill maintains much better than both Staten Island depots. 6151 doing 70, 6128 doing 70, 6114 (governed at 55 though), and many more! 5343 does 75 as well. Ironically the only buses they're not taking care of much is the SBS Artics. 5752 has a severe exhaust issue, causing it to hiss, and slowing down the takeoff. 5734 is just funny, 5763 has transmission slips, 5764 needs steering fluid, 5750,5738, too many to count with loose belts, 5757 and 5742 smokes alot.

Gun Hill is better than both Staten Island Depots in those 6000 series maintenance. People don't believe that but I go riding these buses at midnight with my friend driving to really see how good they are, the driver himself said Gun Hill maintains much better than both Staten Island depots. 6151 doing 70, 6128 doing 70, 6114 (governed at 55 though), and many more! 5343 does 75 as well. Ironically the only buses they're not taking care of much is the SBS Artics. 5752 has a severe exhaust issue, causing it to hiss, and slowing down the takeoff. 5734 is just funny, 5763 has transmission slips, 5764 needs steering fluid, 5750,5738, too many to count with loose belts, 5757 and 5742 smokes alot.

Not everything is about speed, its about standards :)

There were times when buses from both boroughs were sent to each others depot for maintenance, and it still happens sometimes.

And imo, riding buses at Midnight doesnt say much about how they perform, roads are clear for some parts after midnight. The real test is during the rush hours & school days, especially in Staten Island where crush loads of people comes out from the ferry terminal and board those buses. For each borough, it shows how well they can handle crowds, the road/weather conditions and so-on (cant forget the ride on 668 with the crush load crowd), and Yukon & Gun Hill are tied to that imo. Castleton has been slacking cause of the latest batch of NGs.

And Gun Hill since the SBS is always packed to the brim with hundreds and thousands of people ride the SBS everyday to get from point A to point B. along with the very busy Co-Op City routes. What bothers me is the lack of maintenance with Gun Hill's artics. There were some where the window panels are gathering rust in a very bad way....

Not everything is about speed, its about standards :)

There were times when buses from both boroughs were sent to each others depot for maintenance, and it still happens sometimes.

And imo, riding buses at Midnight doesnt say much about how they perform, roads are clear for some parts after midnight. The real test is during the rush hours & school days, especially in Staten Island where crush loads of people comes out from the ferry terminal and board those buses. For each borough, it shows how well they can handle crowds, the road/weather conditions and so-on (cant forget the ride on 668 with the crush load crowd), and Yukon & Gun Hill are tied to that imo. Castleton has been slacking cause of the latest batch of NGs.

And Gun Hill since the SBS is always packed to the brim with hundreds and thousands of people ride the SBS everyday to get from point A to point B. along with the very busy Co-Op City routes. What bothers me is the lack of maintenance with Gun Hill's artics. There were some where the window panels are gathering rust in a very bad way....

Yeah, they don't care for the 5400s much, the 5300s are getting the treatment. And remember whenever I ride the bus from midnight it's all the way til 9:30AM, so I get a taste of it at crush loaded conditions. Most of the time they ran real good still, 6087 is a different story. 5 big people and that's all folks! Ohh and the non-SBS 5700s in Gun Hill are extremely fast! Graffitti though, they care of it but real slow. The problem is whenever it's fixed someone messes it up again. As we say in the Bronx, a clear window is a clear opportunity. The Artics in general are okay, 75% of them are great, 25% are problem buses.

True, even though I'm sure if MJQ had it, they would've fixed it by now, 5745 has a problem with the turbo since it was in Manhattan! My god... Hopefully that bus breaks down so they'll fix it. Whenever my friend purposely broke down a crappy bus, they fixed it, 50% of the time repaint it, 6093 and 6091 both are victims.

They should send those CNGs in CS storage to JG to retire those 1994-1995 CNGs there, 317 should be saved for the museum fleet. A lot of those Orion Vs in JGs are dogs, you can walk faster than those buses! As for the museum fleet, they should move 1201 to ethier Grand Ave or Fresh Pond as JG has too many museum buses esp if they add 317 and later down the line a C40LF to the museum fleet.

Interesting that 8421 is at ENY, I'm glad I got to ride it on the B44 a few weeks ago.

Funny to see the RTS and Hybrid buses on the 102 line......I was kidding with an Operator tonight and say heeeyy whats with the new bus on the 102 line.....it must be Xmas......those people on the Island must be like finally some new buses........:)

Today I saw a caset stengal bus....I think it was 256 on the (6) route...with everthing in tac..........do u think it buses should be repaited and the name should be there be4 it come to it new home.....cuz I'm hate seein bus like this (MTA)blackspace...blankspace..blackspace...bus
Yeah, but JFK don't think it's all that important.

Archived