Pre-employment

gabchi0909

Hi all- my husband is going down for pre-employment tomorrow from list 5025 I think list 3700. Looking at the pre-employment packet and it says GED or HS Diploma if required...is this required to bring down for Bus Operator 5025? Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all- my husband is going down for pre-employment tomorrow from list 5025 I think list 3700. Looking at the pre-employment packet and it says GED or HS Diploma if required...is this required to bring down for Bus Operator 5025? Thanks

8006 Bus Operator Education and Experience Requirements: There are no formal education or experience requirements for this

exam.

That is what it said on the Notice of Examination. You don't need a H.S Diploma to become a B/O for NYCTA.

So if you don't need it, why bother to bring it with you? Good luck to him, hopefully he gets into an August class.:tup:

8006 Bus Operator Education and Experience Requirements: There are no formal education or experience requirements for this

exam.

That is what it said on the Notice of Examination. You don't need a H.S Diploma to become a B/O for NYCTA.

So if you don't need it, why bother to bring it with you? Good luck to him, hopefully he gets into an August class.:tup:

Thanks, I told him to bring it anyway...I thought there was no HS requirements, though as well. He is I think either 3700 or 3800, I have to check again. The list only goes up to 4800 I believe...I told him to ask around and see if there are any numbers higher than his...so I can post that later. Hopefully your list will start soon!

Thanks, hope he gets into a class soon as well! We have been waiting so long for this!

Thanks, I told him to bring it anyway...I thought there was no HS requirements, though as well. He is I think either 3700 or 3800, I have to check again. The list only goes up to 4800 I believe...I told him to ask around and see if there are any numbers higher than his...so I can post that later. Hopefully your list will start soon!

Thanks, hope he gets into a class soon as well! We have been waiting so long for this!

Not a problem, you have the patience of a saint, it's been 3 1/2 yrs since your husband took the exam. For the record he is #3,815, it's ok to give out your list number on here, no need to be paranoid like some people on here. All of those guests that show up as active on here are really ghosts, ;)

4,885 is the last number on the #5025 list by the way. Now I wonder if they would continue to have classes through this fall/winter to reach their target hiring number. Summer is going to end in roughly 7 weeks.

Not a problem, you have the patience of a saint, it's been 3 1/2 yrs since your husband took the exam. For the record he is #3,815, it's ok to give out your list number on here, no need to be paranoid like some people on here. All of those guests that show up as active on here are really ghosts, ;)

4,885 is the last number on the #5025 list by the way. Now I wonder if they would continue to have classes through this fall/winter to reach their target hiring number. Summer is going to end in roughly 7 weeks.

he said there was no list number over 3800 there today, maybe about 100 people. He was in there at 730 and out at about 1030...this was for drug testing.

he said there was no list number over 3800 there today, maybe about 100 people. He was in there at 730 and out at about 1030...this was for drug testing.

3 hrs was a very short waiting time, sometimes people are there waiting for around 8hrs. Very well, next step for him is the medical, I believe they will call him for that. Keep us posted Gabchi, thanks.

3 hrs was a very short waiting time, sometimes people are there waiting for around 8hrs. Very well, next step for him is the medical, I believe they will call him for that. Keep us posted Gabchi, thanks.

def will keep you all posted!

I am pretty sure that you better have at least your CDL permit when you go for processing, they will send you home if you don't, unless you want to get put on "hold".

This is for all list members(5025 and 8006). If you still don't have your cdl permit by now then you really should be removed from the list, you are nothing but a "list slug"

holding up others who have their stuff together.

I am pretty sure that you better have at least your CDL permit when you go for processing, they will send you home if you don't, unless you want to get put on "hold".

This is for all list members(5025 and 8006). If you still don't have your cdl permit by now then you really should be removed from the list, you are nothing but a "list slug"

Now my husband went for the drug on Friday...I know they tell you 2-30 days for medical...what has been the average wait time to get called over the past few weeks?

Cmone, don't be cruel ;)

people dont need the permit for the first appointment, and they can get permit with in a day or so. If money and time permits, i would strongly suggest you got get a licenses. 400-600$. BUT it will be one less thing to worry about ones you get a job, and will go for your road test in 2-3 weeks after line training starts. Plus that will give you a chance to drive a school bus. It is much bigger then your small car, So if that is the time you will find out that this job is not for you , you will be much better off then getting a job, resigning from your old job, start driving a bus in training and quiting on day 1.

Now my husband went for the drug on Friday...I know they tell you 2-30 days for medical...what has been the average wait time to get called over the past few weeks?

That is a very good question, and what happens if it goes past that 30 day window? You have to take the drug test over again. Beeflexible comes to mind, poor guy has had to take the drug test like 4 or 5 times and is still waiting to get on board.

Olegkha: This nasty humid weather makes me cranky sometimes, so you know where it's coming from.:mad:

Have you figured out yet where all of the hiding places for the dispatchers are?:(

That is a very good question, and what happens if it goes past that 30 day window? You have to take the drug test over again. Beeflexible comes to mind, poor guy has had to take the drug test like 4 or 5 times and is still waiting to get on board.

Olegkha: This nasty humid weather makes me cranky sometimes, so you know where it's coming from.:mad:

Have you figured out yet where all of the hiding places for the dispatchers are?:P

? for you do you live in Queens I was Told yesterday During Oreintation Day that Queens Division is just like 126th Street Depot they have no System Pick so if you go to Casey Stengle you are stuck there no transferring between Depots and that sux

? for you do you live in Queens I was Told yesterday During Oreintation Day that Queens Division is just like 126th Street Depot they have no System Pick so if you go to Casey Stengle you are stuck there no transferring between Depots and that sux

Yeah I know that already. I live in Queens and I want to work out of a Queens depot. Anyway I am not interested in bouncing around different depots like a pinball machine. To me that would suck.

gabchi: Good luck to your husband next Thursday, remember 40 is the new 30. I am sure there are older people then him going through the pre employment process. Keep us updated, thanks!

Yeah I know that already. I live in Queens and I want to work out of a Queens depot. Anyway I am not interested in bouncing around different depots like a pinball machine. To me that would suck.

gabchi: Good luck to your husband next Thursday, remember 40 is the new 30. I am sure there are older people then him going through the pre employment process. Keep us updated, thanks!

Thanks so much, I def will keep everyone updated and hopefully this process will move along smoothly...for everyone!

gabchi0909 do you know when the next training class will start. (Thank you):)

I actually have no clue...I was hoping anyone on here would know. He goes tomorrow for medical, so if all goes well, I think I will have more info then...hopefully.

I actually have no clue...I was hoping anyone on here would know. He goes tomorrow for medical, so if all goes well, I think I will have more info then...hopefully.

My husband just got back a little while ago from medical and he is in the next class on Monday August 17th. He said there was about 50-75 down there for medical and about 50-75 for drug/labs as well.

I read on here that there is parking near Zerega...where training is, is that street parking or in a lot? Thanks!

Hi, let me ask you a question. Did they call him for medical?

I had drug test on 07.23 and was told medical should be in 2-30 days, but no one called yet.

Thank you

Yes, he had his medical today...now he starts training in the August 17th class...try calling them see what happened.

Archived