Pre-employment

gabchi0909

That's very true, although I did hear a few guys on here from brooklyn stating that they picked SI?

That is correct, and I also have read on here that working out of a Brooklyn depot verses a Staten Island one is like night and day.

Is your husband a good actor? he has to try to convince others in his class to pick a depot outside of Staten Island. He is going to have to work on the students who live in S.I.

All the world's a stage and we are all actors on it.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea- he put in his transfer the first day

I remember Chris saying 2 months ago that S.I. was under about 50 B/O's. How is the training going? Is he getting prepared for next Tuesday, the 1st qualifying day?. It must be tough learning to drive a bus in this kind of weather, but lot of people are on vacation this time of the year, schools are off obviously, less traffic out there for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...
What times they normally give you for line training? Any specific times....he finds out today, or so they say :P

He will not find out today regarding the time aspect of the training , they will send him to the depot report time about 8 or 9 am , and there they will stick him with the driver for friday , and will give him a report time for monday , it will be all over the place ( get used to that, its going to be like that for the first year or 3 )

because he will be training with senior drivers it will be mostly morning report times

He will not find out today regarding the time aspect of the training , they will send him to the depot report time about 8 or 9 am , and there they will stick him with the driver for friday , and will give him a report time for monday , it will be all over the place ( get used to that, its going to be like that for the first year or 3 )

because he will be training with senior drivers it will be mostly morning report times

Thanks for the heads up...so there are no set schedules during the first year...are there regular days off at least or will that switch too?

Not one opening in Staten Island this time around...my husband got Fresh Pond

Sorry to hear that, From S.I, take the Verrazano bridge into the Gowanus/ BQE get off at the Metropolitan Ave exit, take Metropolitan Ave going east almost 3 miles and make a right on Fresh Pond Rd, take that straight 7-8 blocks and you will find the bus depot on your left, south of Madison St.

The depot is in a safe area, the streets around there are very narrow, very tight turns. A B/0 once told me that if you can drive at Fresh Pond you can drive anywhere.

wow I guess the people from my class got lucky I have a 4AM report tomorrow so thats just an example of what your husband may be facing

He has to be there at 6 am...you're still in line training? How is it going? My husband said there was a lot of lower list numbers like 1000 away from his...most were on medical hold and are not being pushed through. Like 2900, 3100, etc. There was about 10 guys who wanted SI and no openings, so it is what it is. Just happy he is getting into line training now.

He has to be there at 6 am...you're still in line training? How is it going? My husband said there was a lot of lower list numbers like 1000 away from his...most were on medical hold and are not being pushed through. Like 2900, 3100, etc. There was about 10 guys who wanted SI and no openings, so it is what it is. Just happy he is getting into line training now.

i have work out of fresh pond for almost 4 years it not that bad and once you learn how to drive here you can drive anywhere

gabchi I am still in line Training did the M60 I like tha line but no recover time leave 106st and head to the airport and right back out

gabchi I am still in line Training did the M60 I like tha line but no recover time leave 106st and head to the airport and right back out

What depot are you in again, what's your graduation date? Line training is different times everyday, I know, do they train you on night or overnight hours as well or mostly through the day?

i have work out of fresh pond for almost 4 years it not that bad and once you learn how to drive here you can drive anywhere

Is there alternate side parking or meters over near Fresh Pond? I know you said there is street parking...but any parking without meters or having to switch sides? Thanks!

Is there alternate side parking or meters over near Fresh Pond? I know you said there is street parking...but any parking without meters or having to switch sides? Thanks!

Fresh Pond Rd has 1hr meters on both sides of the street, now to find out what streets have what days of ASP regulations go here:

http://primospot.com/spots?lat=40.7592&lng=-73.9249&q=Queens%2C+NY

Fresh Pond Rd has 1hr meters on both sides of the street, now to find out what streets have what days of ASP regulations go here:

http://primospot.com/spots?lat=40.7592&lng=-73.9249&q=Queens%2C+NY

There are probably side streets without meters though, right? because he obviously can't park at a meter if he will be out on the bus all day. B)

There are probably side streets without meters though, right? because he obviously can't park at a meter if he will be out on the bus all day. B)

Thanks for the website...I bookmarked it! From the photos it looks like there is residential/no meter parking in the area! Thanks again!

I went near there a few times when I went to the office of the driving school when I was going for my CDL last year. Finding free parking on the side streets is possible but keep in mind most of the streets are one way and narrow. They just have parking meters on Fresh Pond Rd which is a commercial strip.

Don't hold me to it Gabchi but I did read that there is an outdoor parking lot for the Fresh Pond Depot employees next to the depot. You got the directions that I gave you the other day right? By the way the 104th police precinct is just a few blocks away, on Catalpa Ave. No worries though, that area is safe, Ridgewood gets a little sketchy on the other side of Seneca Ave.

we have three lots you can park in also you can find on street parking without having to used meter parking you might have to drive around the block a few times you can park on 67 ave or putnam which you will allways find parking on.

Thanks for the heads up!

Archived