Pre-employment

gabchi0909

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone have the phone# to the NYCT office in Brooklyn located on Livingston Street. If so please kindly send me an e-mail. I would like to check the status of my pre-selection process from exam#8006 for B/O.:P

There is nothing to know, calling off list 8006 hasn't begun, maybe next spring/summer. 5025 is still going on. Patience my friend, patience.

Bus Operator wife Gabchi0909:

How was the 1st week of line training? What lines has he trained on already?

Anybody who knows can answer this, seniority at the depot, does each B/O have their own seniority number ex, the one with the most seniority is #1, the one with the least is #450.

How does a B/O keep track of where they stand at the depot? is there a list on the wall or something?

I know MTA Bus uses B/O numbers, TA uses pass numbers for id purposes.

Bus Operator wife Gabchi0909:

How was the 1st week of line training? What lines has he trained on already?

Anybody who knows can answer this, seniority at the depot, does each B/O have their own seniority number ex, the one with the most seniority is #1, the one with the least is #450.

How does a B/O keep track of where they stand at the depot? is there a list on the wall or something?

I know MTA Bus uses B/O numbers, TA uses pass numbers for id purposes.

He says it is going well...doing mostly 9 or 10 hour shifts. I know he has done the B52, not sure of the others. Here is a question...he was told to report to zerega tomorrow for a pre-road test...what the heck is that about? He already has his cdl

He says it is going well...doing mostly 9 or 10 hour shifts. I know he has done the B52, not sure of the others. Here is a question...he was told to report to zerega tomorrow for a pre-road test...what the heck is that about? He already has his cdl

CDL on school bus?

P endorsement ?

air breaks ?

they have a copy ?

CDL on school bus?

P endorsement ?

air breaks ?

they have a copy ?

Yea, he has CDL B-P...airbreaks and passenger....it's on his license...he's had it for over 10 years. On your driver's license it shows Commercial License B-P. Not sure why he has to go, very confused, maybe they made a mistake?

Yea, he has CDL B-P...airbreaks and passenger....it's on his license...he's had it for over 10 years. On your driver's license it shows Commercial License B-P. Not sure why he has to go, very confused, maybe they made a mistake?

My husband just called me...they sent the wrong guys up to Zerega today. All the guys they sent up had their CDL already. The three that were supposed to be there that don't have CDL yet were still back at their depots. Now my husband is traveling back down to Fresh Pond lol...oh what fun.

My husband just called me...they sent the wrong guys up to Zerega today. All the guys they sent up had their CDL already. The three that were supposed to be there that don't have CDL yet were still back at their depots. Now my husband is traveling back down to Fresh Pond lol...oh what fun.

Those 3 that were supposed to be there are from which class? I thought once you are in line training you need to have your CDL already. Must be from the class after your husbands because to get to the line training part of the process you need to have passed the qualifying period.

I hope your husband took his time getting back to the depot from Zerega, lol, since it was their mistake, they should at least pay for his gas/tolls at the very least.

Those 3 that were supposed to be there are from which class? I thought once you are in line training you need to have your CDL already. Must be from the class after your husbands because to get to the line training part of the process you need to have passed the qualifying period.

I hope your husband took his time getting back to the depot from Zerega, lol, since it was their mistake, they should at least pay for his gas/tolls at the very least.

I am really not sure...I was under the impression that you needed to get your cdl before line training ends.

I am really not sure...I was under the impression that you needed to get your cdl before line training ends.

Huh? You can be doing your 4 weeks of line training with just a CDL Permit? Can anybody clear this up please? I thought it works like this, for those who only have a CDL permit (a)take dmv road test first (b)pass MTA qualification ©start 4 weeks of line training. Not that it matters to me since I already have my CDL B,but it may to others who just have their permits.

Huh? You can be doing your 4 weeks of line training with just a CDL Permit? Can anybody clear this up please? I thought it works like this, for those who only have a CDL permit (a)take dmv road test first (b)pass MTA qualification ©start 4 weeks of line training. Not that it matters to me since I already have my CDL B,but it may to others who just have their permits.

Yes. Permit for line training if u don't have cdl. Dmv road test takes place around 2nd - 3rd week. If u fail this test, then all 4 weeks will only go with the permit. 2nd chance for the road test will be giving at the last week. Go on to grad if u pass, they will axe u if fail.

Yes. Permit for line training if u don't have cdl. Dmv road test takes place around 2nd - 3rd week. If u fail this test, then all 4 weeks will only go with the permit. 2nd chance for the road test will be giving at the last week. Go on to grad if u pass, they will axe u if fail.

Thanks ditja, that makes sense, you are driving the bus with another driver who has a CDL, I am pretty sure that nobody can drive a bus or a truck on their own with just a permit.

Too much on your plate, getting through line training must be hard enough without having to go back and forth to Zerega for training of the DMV road test. At least they give you 2 shots, I have never seen a DMV road test taken on a transit bus before, must be up at Zerega.

Not many lines at Fresh Pond, my husband has trained on all of them so far(about8 or 9) and now the lines are repeating. It's a pretty long day since he is training with seniors on senior runs...10-12 hours with lots of swing time. He leaves Staten Island in the morning before the sun rises and gets home usually between 7and 10 pm depending on the run. He likes it and it is going well, so far so good. ;)

Quick question for anyone. On the paycheck it says HealthPlanCont...what does this mean. I thought health benefits were not deducted, also thought they didn't start until 3 months after hire date?

Thanks!

Not many lines at Fresh Pond, my husband has trained on all of them so far(about8 or 9) and now the lines are repeating. It's a pretty long day since he is training with seniors on senior runs...10-12 hours with lots of swing time. He leaves Staten Island in the morning before the sun rises and gets home usually between 7and 10 pm depending on the run. He likes it and it is going well, so far so good. :P

Quick question for anyone. On the paycheck it says HealthPlanCont...what does this mean. I thought health benefits were not deducted, also thought they didn't start until 3 months after hire date?

Thanks!

I thought swing times were on the xpress runs only, Fresh Pond only has local routes. Your husband will have a nice paycheck with those kind of runs. How is the parking situation? Does he have a favorite bus yet.... like the Orion 07 hybrids?

2 more weeks to go before he goes solo, if I were him I would pick a late pm shift like a 1:00 or 2:00pm- 10:00pm or 11:00pm, that way his drive home to S.I will be easier.

I thought swing times were on the xpress runs only, Fresh Pond only has local routes. Your husband will have a nice paycheck with those kind of runs. How is the parking situation? Does he have a favorite bus yet.... like the Orion 07 hybrids?

2 more weeks to go before he goes solo, if I were him I would pick a late pm shift like a 1:00 or 2:00pm- 10:00pm or 11:00pm, that way his drive home to S.I will be easier.

he would like that shift as well...you can pick your own shift, though? I didn't know that. Do you also pick your RDO as well?

Parking situation is okay, he gets there about 45- 1 hour early to ensure parking.

Not many lines at Fresh Pond, my husband has trained on all of them so far(about8 or 9) and now the lines are repeating. It's a pretty long day since he is training with seniors on senior runs...10-12 hours with lots of swing time. He leaves Staten Island in the morning before the sun rises and gets home usually between 7and 10 pm depending on the run. He likes it and it is going well, so far so good. :P

Thanks!

we pay 1.5% of our earning toward the health plan. they start to collect it from day 1 but you won't get the ghi/hip card until 3 months after.

local runs can also have big swing time. i did a local run that has 4 hours swing. and the run i am doing on sat has 2 swings which add up to about 4 hours.

he would like that shift as well...you can pick your own shift, though? I didn't know that. Do you also pick your RDO as well?

Parking situation is okay, he gets there about 45- 1 hour early to ensure parking.

He definitely gets to pick his RDO's I dont know if he will get a run right off tha bat he might be on tha extra list

He definitely gets to pick his RDO's I dont know if he will get a run right off tha bat he might be on tha extra list

Yep

most likely he will be given a choice of Tuesday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Tuesday

:P

it will probably be Tue and Wen or Wen and Thur

Fri and Sat

Sat and Sun

Sun and Mon

all are seniority days off

This year Thur and Friday are also hot because Thanksgiving, Christmas and new year are all on Thur and Friday

we pay 1.5% of our earning toward the health plan. they start to collect it from day 1 but you won't get the ghi/hip card until 3 months after.

local runs can also have big swing time. i did a local run that has 4 hours swing. and the run i am doing on sat has 2 swings which add up to about 4 hours.

Ok, I see now, thanks. Here is an example from the Q29 run out of LGA depot.

6:25am:report6:35am:out9:30am:at garage2:40pm:out7:55pm:at garagepay hours:12:20srv:7:20swing time:2:40

Basically it is like working 2 part time jobs, not bad as long as you live near the depot so you can go home to take a nap, run errands,etc. I would figure that runs with swings go to those with most seniority? they are the runs that pay the most.

Since SUN/MON RDO's are hard to get as a new B/O, what is the latest that a run could start on a Sunday? 5:00,6:00pm?

Thanks for the info. He just got the invite for graduation on Sept. 30. How long does graduation last?

Thanks

expect to stay in the class room for the whole 8 hours, excluding breaks and lunch. they will teach everything he needs to know before going solo. he'll get his badge and a cert at the end. btw, don't be late :P

basically, he has no choice for picking his RDO's. especailly he's working in bklyn. it will be Mon and Tue 99%. it really depends on the depot. if he works in the bronx, then it's a different story

expect to stay in the class room for the whole 8 hours, excluding breaks and lunch. they will teach everything he needs to know before going solo. he'll get his badge and a cert at the end. btw, don't be late :P

8 hrs? wtf? So, he doesn't have his badge already if he is in his 3rd week of line training? How do they identify him then if he doesn't have his badge yet? by payroll number?

8 hrs? wtf? So, he doesn't have his badge already if he is in his 3rd week of line training? How do they identify him then if he doesn't have his badge yet? by payroll number?

No , No badge yet

graduation is not 8 hours, its more like 3-4 hours of big shots from MTA and unions talking

then they give out the paper and a badge, and you are free to go eat and drink stuff upstairs.

I sure hope they installed some AC in that huge room

Archived