Pre-employment

gabchi0909

No , No badge yet

graduation is not 8 hours, its more like 3-4 hours of big shots from MTA and unions talking

then they give out the paper and a badge, and you are free to go eat and drink stuff upstairs.

I sure hope they installed some AC in that huge room

Ok, so how many classes at one time? the average class has about 35-50 graduates, this is for TA only I assume, MTA Bus and Mabstoa have a different date and time for graduation.

Non alcoholic drinks right? Not a good idea to be drinking in the same room with your bosses, lol, it could get out of hand in a hurry:p

That is the last time they go to Zerega until they have to do their 19A certification in 2 yrs.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No , No badge yet

graduation is not 8 hours, its more like 3-4 hours of big shots from MTA and unions talking

then they give out the paper and a badge, and you are free to go eat and drink stuff upstairs.

It says you can bring two guests do many people bring the two guests? Seriously sitting in a classroom fr 4 hours...that's graduation? It is not at Zerega , it's at a public school in Brooklyn

Why not go and read the thread where i listed everything from day 1 all the way till graduation ??????

its for every one, not TA only , there were two classes there in auditorium. about 160 people+ plus twice as many guests

mine was in august with NO AC. so it was wet and stinky fun time

19A is not nessesary in Zarega, there are two more places in Brooklyn that i was told they will send people

Graduation is not in the public school, its MTA school.

It says you can bring two guests do many people bring the two guests? Seriously sitting in a classroom fr 4 hours...that's graduation? It is not at Zerega , it's at a public school in Brooklyn

Just go and make the best of it. Be friendly and mingle with the crowd. It isn't going to be as hot as it was for Olegkha in August. Keyword: Absorb

Wonders where this "MTA School" is....:confused:

Just go and make the best of it. Be friendly and mingle with the crowd. It isn't going to be as hot as it was for Olegkha in August. Keyword: Absorb

Wonders where this "MTA School" is....:confused:

The school is near Avenue U: PS 248 NYC Transit Academy, It's within a former public school

Just asking because I only saw information about 400 sweaty people in the room with no AC lol...not mention info. about the graduation. Just wondering how long it actually was. 3-4 hours? My graduation for my masters was an hour lol. That's pretty long! :P

The school is near Avenue U: PS 248 NYC Transit Academy, It's within a former public school

Just asking because I only saw information about 400 sweaty people in the room with no AC lol...not mention info. about the graduation. Just wondering how long it actually was. 3-4 hours? My graduation for my masters was an hour lol. That's pretty long! :P

You have a masters degree and yet you ask so many questions on here;). For the record P.S.248 is on 86th St/W 13th St in Gravesend. Next to the Marlboro Projects where they filmed a scene from the movie American Gangster.

Like Ditja said they will tell him everything he needs to know before he goes solo. That having been said it takes about 3-4 years to know everything. Every day he will learn something new.

Lets forgive Olegkha for snapping at us, it is impossible to remember every single detail in all of the B/O threads on here. :P

You have a masters degree and yet you ask so many questions on here;). For the record P.S.248 is on 86th St/W 13th St in Gravesend. Next to the Marlboro Projects where they filmed a scene from the movie American Gangster.

Like Ditja said they will tell him everything he needs to know before he goes solo. That having been said it takes about 3-4 years to know everything. Every day he will learn something new.

Lets forgive Olegkha for snapping at us, it is impossible to remember every single detail in all of the B/O threads on here. :P

Yes, I have a masters and an Ed.S....in Counseling Psychology, not Transit :) lol

No , No badge yet

I'm from tha Class that started on 8/3 we didn't graduate yet but we got our Badges and we will be graduating on tha 30th as well

Neh, i guess they do what they did with us, 2 classes graduate together. save some money on doing it twice B)

Husband was put on extra list and got Tues Wed as days off. Do these days off stay the whole year or does he have to change them when next pick comes around?

Husband was put on extra list and got Tues Wed as days off. Do these days off stay the whole year or does he have to change them when next pick comes around?

extra, extra read all about it. I am not going to guess about your question, will leave it to those who know to answer it. What time does he have to report at? The only time he will get Sat/Sun RDO's is if he has jury duty.

it's for this pick only, i think this pick end in 1/2 or 1/9/2010. however, we will have a system pick at the end of nov. he'll know his RDO from jan to mar by then. by the way, i am pretty sure he won't be able to pick back into brooklyn.

it's for this pick only, i think this pick end in 1/2 or 1/9/2010. however, we will have a system pick at the end of nov. he'll know his RDO from jan to mar by then. by the way, i am pretty sure he won't be able to pick back into brooklyn.

So he has to pick out of Brooklyn...why? You can't stay with the same depot? He put in his one time transfer already to SI.

tell your husband not to worry he might be able to stay in brooklyn so just tell him dont go by what anybody said he will see when system pick starts nobody know what going to happen tell him to relax and be safe and just get probation over with

tell your husband not to worry he might be able to stay in brooklyn so just tell him dont go by what anybody said he will see when system pick starts nobody know what going to happen tell him to relax and be safe and just get probation over with

Thanks everyone...I just hope something opens up in SI soon enough...traveling expenses are crazy

Thanks everyone...I just hope something opens up in SI soon enough...traveling expenses are crazy

He can always take mass transit into work for free but the commute would take a lot longer. I hope he is brown bagging his lunch or snacks and avoids the temptation to eat out.

Just for the bridge toll it runs to $27.00 and change a week, I assume he pays via his S.I. resident E-ZPass at the discounted rate. If he gets bounced out of Fresh Pond and can't get into S.I. Ulmer park would be the best alternative, right off the Belt Pkwy.

He can always take mass transit into work for free but the commute would take a lot longer. I hope he is brown bagging his lunch or snacks and avoids the temptation to eat out.

Just for the bridge toll it runs to $27.00 and change a week, I assume he pays via his S.I. resident E-ZPass at the discounted rate. If he gets bounced out of Fresh Pond and can't get into S.I. Ulmer park would be the best alternative, right off the Belt Pkwy.

agree

Is it safe to drive with the drivers side window open? I hear all the time people throwing things at the buses, rocks, eggs, etc. Now it is good to have some fresh air, plus it helps keep you alert.

Heard this a couple of days ago over the scanner.

A B/O called in to say he couldn't drive because somebody threw an egg at the windshield. Console:Did the windshield crack? B/O:no, Console:How is the egg? B/O:it's scrambled, I turned on my wipers and now it's smeared all over the windshield. Console:Do you have anything with you to clean it off? B/O:no.

So he had to transfer his passengers to his follower and go to a store to buy something to clean the windshield. Most common projectile thrown at buses are rocks. There are a lot of angry disturbed people out there, but we all know this if you were born in NYC.

Is it safe to drive with the drivers side window open? I hear all the time people throwing things at the buses, rocks, eggs, etc. Now it is good to have some fresh air, plus it helps keep you alert.

Heard this a couple of days ago over the scanner.

A B/O called in to say he couldn't drive because somebody threw an egg at the windshield. Console:Did the windshield crack? B/O:no, Console:How is the egg? B/O:it's scrambled, I turned on my wipers and now it's smeared all over the windshield. Console:Do you have anything with you to clean it off? B/O:no.

So he had to transfer his passengers to his follower and go to a store to buy something to clean the windshield. Most common projectile thrown at buses are rocks. There are a lot of angry disturbed people out there, but we all know this if you were born in NYC.

Windshield wiper and windshield wiper fluid in my opinion would be enough to clean off the windshield. ... :P

Ulmer park is more seniority people then fresh pond

If you get kicked off from ulmer park much faster then from fresh pond

I am told by lots of people that there is no chance that i will get stay in UP after this coming up consolidated pick ( btw, pick starts in 1 or 2 weeks, my day to pick is beginning of December)

Archived