Pre-employment

gabchi0909

So he has to pick out of Brooklyn...why? You can't stay with the same depot? He put in his one time transfer already to SI.

tell your husband not to worry he might be able to stay in brooklyn so just tell him dont go by what anybody said he will see when system pick starts nobody know what going to happen tell him to relax and be safe and just get probation over with

it's base on little stats that i have. on last system pick, by the time brooklyn was close, there were still around 150 BO haven't pick. they all ended up in manhattan and bronx. since gabchi's husband just grad, i assume his PEG # is around 7600. that's the newest # i've seen on paper. so i really think that anyone has PEG # 7400 or later won't able to pick in brooklyn.

by the way, it looks like TA(brooklyn division)/OA hired around 420 BO for this year. because the last PEG # in MAY was around 7180.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Windshield wiper and windshield wiper fluid in my opinion would be enough to clean off the windshield. ... :P

Ulmer park is more seniority people then fresh pond

If you get kicked off from ulmer park much faster then from fresh pond

I am told by lots of people that there is no chance that i will get stay in UP after this coming up consolidated pick ( btw, pick starts in 1 or 2 weeks, my day to pick is beginning of December)

i got kicked out from UP last year. and more people got kicked out of UP from the mini system pick in june. it's the fact that i know at least 30 people that are in front of me want to go back there. an UP BO told me 24 new guys in the depot right now. so i assume there will be about 30 to 40 spots open for the coming pick. that means i am still at the border line. so i am pretty sure you will get bump out this time....

there are so many BO that's behind me wanna to go back to UP. i was talking to a BO the other day, he got bump out of UP, went to fresh pond. then got bump out to quill for the last system pick, and got bump out once more to MTV from the last mini pick in the summer. 4 depots in a year :confused: his PEG # is in the 7100, and he's dieing to come back to UP:cry:.

i got kicked out from UP last year. and more people got kicked out of UP from the mini system pick in june. it's the fact that i know at least 30 people that are in front of me want to go back there. an UP BO told me 24 new guys in the depot right now. so i assume there will be about 30 to 40 spots open for the coming pick. that means i am still at the border line. so i am pretty sure you will get bump out this time....

there are so many BO that's behind me wanna to go back to UP. i was talking to a BO the other day, he got bump out of UP, went to fresh pond. then got bump out to quill for the last system pick, and got bump out once more to MTV from the last mini pick in the summer. 4 depots in a year :confused: his PEG # is in the 7100, and he's dieing to come back to UP:cry:.

That has to be rough during your 1st year while on probation, bouncing around all those different depots.

What does PEG stand for? If they hired only 420 B/O's this year so far then they must have overestimated their target goal of 1,200 B/O's for this year. I figure most people retire either in December or January.

So there are around 7,600 B/0's in all of the divisions right? 27 depots X 280 B/O's on avg, yeah that number adds up.

That has to be rough during your 1st year while on probation, bouncing around all those different depots.

What does PEG stand for? If they hired only 420 B/O's this year so far then they must have overestimated their target goal of 1,200 B/O's for this year. I figure most people retire either in December or January.

So there are around 7,600 B/0's in all of the divisions right? 27 depots X 280 B/O's on avg, yeah that number adds up.

i don't know what PEG stands for... around 7600 is only for brooklyn division and OA. they hired many more for SI/queens/MTA bus.

people retire in any date, depends on 1. their mood 2. if they worked 25 years, then wait for the 55th brithday 3. wait for the 25th year if old enough. we get the pension package every year stating when we eligible to retire, and how much we gonna get

i don't know what PEG stands for... around 7600 is only for brooklyn division and OA. they hired many more for SI/queens/MTA bus.

people retire in any date, depends on 1. their mood 2. if they worked 25 years, then wait for the 55th brithday 3. wait for the 25th year if old enough. we get the pension package every year stating when we eligible to retire, and how much we gonna get

So with the system pick is SI on the list? I know it's in a different union ( I think) and how does the one time transfer work/ My husband put in for his one time transfer for SI the first day

Oh,ok, so there are way more then 10,000 B/O's in all of the divisions. SI/Queens/MTA Bus=13 depots, +2 new S/I depots in the near future. That is what I wanted to know. Thanks ditja. I was trying to figure out how many B/O's quit, get fired or retire in a given year. They say that seniority moves faster in DOB then in RTO.

I keep hearing about the high turnover rate and that they fire more B/O's in a year then all of the other titles combined. But B/O's I think have a larger workforce then conductors, T/O's, track workers, etc. That is a big factor in my opinion.

So with the system pick is SI on the list? I know it's in a different union ( I think) and how does the one time transfer work/ My husband put in for his one time transfer for SI the first day

S.I/Queens=ATU

Brooklyn/Bronx/Manhattan=TWU

"One time transfer" is a very loose term. What are the stipulations? If Gabchi's husband can't get into S.I next pick, does that mean that he will not get another chance to ever again? :confused:

List number means everything in class only if you want to go into S.I or Queens(ATU) because then you won't get bumped out of the depot. You stay there for life.

For Brooklyn/Bronx/Manhattan,(TWU) it is a different story.

Even if you are number 1 in the class, you will get bumped out of your depot during the next pick, why? because the class that was before you has seniority over you. I don't think it's as complicated as it sounds, but your husband should get to know where all the depots are and the best way to get there just in case.

This whole General Pick thing Sux OA ruined everything

general pick is only Brooklyn/Bronx/Manhattan

SI has their own pick

Queens NO PICK, you are there for life :)

Wait a minute there Ole Ole Olegkha...Isn't S.I ATU?

so does that mean one can transfer from Yukon to Castleton?

What does PEG stand for? I can't figure it out, thanks again.

I'll answer it for you locomotion69 yes S.I. is ATU and S.I. does have a mini System Pick i believe

What about Staten Island, how does the one time transfer work? If they are only picking within Bklyn, Manhattan, Bronx...then how do you get into SI? Thanks

What about Staten Island, how does the one time transfer work? If they are only picking within Bklyn, Manhattan, Bronx...then how do you get into SI? Thanks

when si will need drivers, they will look at who was the first to file for transfer from brooklyn or nyc o bx

peg= seyority number ( the number is NOT consequtive so 7400 or so last number now, does not mean 7400 BO out there now, there are tons of numbers missing in the list of pegs)

when si will need drivers, they will look at who was the first to file for transfer from brooklyn or nyc o bx

peg= seyority number ( the number is NOT consequtive so 7400 or so last number now, does not mean 7400 BO out there now, there are tons of numbers missing in the list of pegs)

Ok, understood about the PEG. Back to Gabchi's question, if her husband can't get into S.I during the next pick does it mean that it was his last chance or not?

My guess is "1 time transfer" means that the depot that you wrote down can't be changed..but you will get a chance to get into that depot during EVERY pick. To me that sounds more sensible.

Is it safe to drive with the drivers side window open? I hear all the time people throwing things at the buses, rocks, eggs, etc. Now it is good to have some fresh air, plus it helps keep you alert.

Heard this a couple of days ago over the scanner.

A B/O called in to say he couldn't drive because somebody threw an egg at the windshield. Console:Did the windshield crack? B/O:no, Console:How is the egg? B/O:it's scrambled, I turned on my wipers and now it's smeared all over the windshield. Console:Do you have anything with you to clean it off? B/O:no.

So he had to transfer his passengers to his follower and go to a store to buy something to clean the windshield. Most common projectile thrown at buses are rocks. There are a lot of angry disturbed people out there, but we all know this if you were born in NYC.

he dont have to go buy anything the TA has to have a truck or Supt come clean it with vinegar

general pick is only Brooklyn/Bronx/Manhattan

SI has their own pick

Queens NO PICK, you are there for life ;)

Thats why you come to Queens or SI you will never get bumped

Queens has the fastest moving seniority.

Why have to worry every year where you'll be working.

CS is the country club of Queens!

Thats why you come to Queens or SI you will never get bumped

Queens has the fastest moving seniority.

Why have to worry every year where you'll be working.

CS is the country club of Queens!

Does the 1 time transfer apply also to ATU? For example I want to get into CS but there are no openings, instead they send me to Jamaica Depot, is that final or can I transfer to CS whenever I have the seniority?

Or would it make more sense instead to go to a TWU depot but have CS as my 1 time transfer? I understand that would be a longer wait. Maybe I am making this more complicated then it really is, just want to be informed, thanks.

Does the 1 time transfer apply also to ATU? For example I want to get into CS but there are no openings, instead they send me to Jamaica Depot, is that final or can I transfer to CS whenever I have the seniority?

Or would it make more sense instead to go to a TWU depot but have CS as my 1 time transfer? I understand that would be a longer wait. Maybe I am making this more complicated then it really is, just want to be informed, thanks.[/QUOYou are making it too complicaterd

SI resident waiting for SI opening can work anywhere in the system, and wait patently for their transfer to come through. it aint gona be a long wait.

Or would it make more sense instead to go to a TWU depot but have CS as my 1 time transfer? I understand that would be a longer wait. Maybe I am making this more complicated then it really is, just want to be informed, thanks.[/QUOYou are making it too complicaterd

SI resident waiting for SI opening can work anywhere in the system, and wait patently for their transfer to come through. it aint gona be a long wait.

That doesn't really answer my question but this is an issue that I shouldn't be concerned with now but will have to deal with it when the time comes. thanks anyway.

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback

This is the guy who I told you about that started at Fresh Pond in 1997 and has worked out of every depot except Ulmer Park and Micheal J Quill....:eek: hope this helps.

"You could pick into the Staten Island or Queens Divisions (the only divisions that TWU does not represent) during the general pick. But it works the same way that super seniority would work at MTA Bus in that you go to the bottom of the list in the specfic Staten Island and Queens Division depot (ex. Casey Stengel) that would NOT be your last chance to transfer."

"You generally could transfer to those divisions anytime you would like the MTA does not care when you do such but it would be a wise decision to do that in the beginning of your career since you do not have much seniority as a probie."

"to the recently hired Bus Operators out of New York City Transit depots who get bounced around depots faster than you change your socks."

"if you were out of a New York City Transit Depot you would be bounced around depots for at least 10-15 years and cannot pick into a Monday-Friday run for at least 10-15 years and not work an express run for at least 20-25 years."

"If you are not bounced around depots than you will be bounced around routes and work schedules and work schedules will change every pick (even in the Queens and Staten Island divisions)."

"The MTA controls who you are and what you do for half of your Bus Operator career."

This is the guy who I told you about that started at Fresh Pond in 1997 and has worked out of every depot except Ulmer Park and Micheal J Quill....:eek: hope this helps.

"You could pick into the Staten Island or Queens Divisions (the only divisions that TWU does not represent) during the general pick. But it works the same way that super seniority would work at MTA Bus in that you go to the bottom of the list in the specfic Staten Island and Queens Division depot (ex. Casey Stengel) that would NOT be your last chance to transfer."

"You generally could transfer to those divisions anytime you would like the MTA does not care when you do such but it would be a wise decision to do that in the beginning of your career since you do not have much seniority as a probie."

"to the recently hired Bus Operators out of New York City Transit depots who get bounced around depots faster than you change your socks."

"if you were out of a New York City Transit Depot you would be bounced around depots for at least 10-15 years and cannot pick into a Monday-Friday run for at least 10-15 years and not work an express run for at least 20-25 years."

"If you are not bounced around depots than you will be bounced around routes and work schedules and work schedules will change every pick (even in the Queens and Staten Island divisions)."

"The MTA controls who you are and what you do for half of your Bus Operator career."

that 's not really true you may get lucky being on tha Xtra list getting work on an Express Route I have people out of my class out in Staten Island already doing Express work

that 's not really true you may get lucky being on tha Xtra list getting work on an Express Route I have people out of my class out in Staten Island already doing Express work

S.I. is a different animal, half of the routes in the depots are xpress, he was referring to depots out of Manhattan, Bronx and Brooklyn.

Interesting to see what is going to happen on Wednesday,Oct 14th(Day of Outrage)maybe a slow down or a sick out.

It's going to be a tough call to make for the probies.-_-

Archived