Has The R32s Ever Ran On The W?

N-Trizzy2609

Me a being the Brightliner head I am I always wonder if the (W) ever ran R32s. I've seen the (W) with R68, R40, R40M, R42s, and R160s but I think only once, only once with R32s. Where they ever in regular service? R32 (W)...

When the (N) used to run R32s, the (W) shared with the (N) at times.

Me a being the Brightliner head I am I always wonder if the (W) ever ran R32s. I've seen the (W) with R68, R40, R40M, R42s, and R160s but I think only once, only once with R32s. Where they ever in regular service? R32 (W)...

Yes back in 2006 but it was rare to find one

Rode an R32 (W) in 2001 from astrioa to Coney Island.

Yup it was extremely rare. Until now I didn't know R32s were a primary on the (;) back in 2007! I really missed out on all the good car assignments.

Yeah, it was pretty neat to have rode on an R32 B train a few years back. Shame they had to be removed from the N for some reason, but at least the B line got to run a few R32's.

I remember back in the early to mid 1980's,the West End Line (;) had all fleet R-32's,some time after that the R-40 slants took over.I also remember the old rollsigns,the doors were like dark blue on the outside and orange on the inside,hand grabs,powder blue seats as well,afterwards rebuilding would alter the R-32's appearance.I believe i saw an R-32 one time on the (W) a few months ago,some time in late 2008.

Back in 2006 I was waiting for a R160 (N) train at Lexington Ave. While I was waiting I saw a R32 (W) train. All the roll signs had listed the diamond W train.

The diamond (W) was the only bullet then available for any (W)/<W> service. I don't think the diamond (W) was ever replaced on the R32s or R38s.

I remember back in the early to mid 1980's,the West End Line (;) had all fleet R-32's,some time after that the R-40 slants took over.I also remember the old rollsigns,the doors were like dark blue on the outside and orange on the inside,hand grabs,powder blue seats as well,afterwards rebuilding would alter the R-32's appearance.I believe i saw an R-32 one time on the (W) a few months ago,some time in late 2008.

The R-32s were gone from Coney Island Yard by late 2008.

Archived