Museum tours

Aqueduct

If you mean passing by the station and looking inside the train, the (1) Van Cortland TOMC Trip did it for Worth St and City Hall Loop on Lex line last summer 2008

I guess I wasn't clear enough, actually walking on the disused platforms and such.

They open up the City Hall station to museum members every year, you can take a good look at it by staying aboard the (6) as it goes around the loop.

18th street they fly by and 91st the same, Worth street headed downtown you can get a good look at the platform. They would make some dough off tours of these abandoned stations.

They open up the City Hall station to museum members every year, you can take a good look at it by staying aboard the (6) as it goes around the loop.

18th street they fly by and 91st the same, Worth street headed downtown you can get a good look at the platform. They would make some dough off tours of these abandoned stations.

Yeah, except the platforms would need serious sprucing up, which requires money, which the MTA doesn't really have right now....

How bad off could those platforms be? They overbuilt down there, they may look derelict, but aren't they structurally sound?

Yeah, they are. But they need a serious facelift, that's pretty much all.

City Hall has tours 2-3 times a year. You have to be a museum member to get on these trips, and you have to book in advance. There are a limited number of shots. For a nominal fee, you can get off a (6) train, learn the history of the station, walk around, and take photos on both the platform and mezzanine levels.

18th/91st/worth aren't done because there is nothing to see. They are completely unlit, graffiti'd over, and they are straight platforms without any real out of the ordinary architectural flourishes. While a few buffs would like to see them, they dont' have the mainstream appeal that the other stations do, or the history, so the experience provided by going down there would be nowhere as cool as at City Hall, so they aren't donel.

In 1995, they gave a tour of the abandoned platforms on the IRT city Hall station.

Aside from City Hall tours, no one other then TA workers can be in abandon stations. There are no tours nor plans to have any tours any time soon. Also, the people who were on the roadbed at City Hall Lower Level helped can the MOD trips along with other things which only people in certain circles know or need to know.

Aside from City Hall tours, no one other then TA workers can be in abandon stations. There are no tours nor plans to have any tours any time soon. Also, the people who were on the roadbed at City Hall Lower Level helped can the MOD trips along with other things which only people in certain circles know or need to know.

BTW I meant the IRT Brooklyn Bridge station.

BTW I meant the IRT Brooklyn Bridge station.

That area is restricted access as well and unauthorized personnel are not allowed down there, that said, if you are a museum member and go on the IRT City Hall Tour you can try to ask about it and *maybe* someone will offer to take you back there to the rest of the express platforms but no guarantees

That area is restricted access as well and unauthorized personnel are not allowed down there, that said, if you are a museum member and go on the IRT City Hall Tour you can try to ask about it and *maybe* someone will offer to take you back there to the rest of the express platforms but no guarantees

All I know is that in 1995 the museum gave a tour of the abandoned platforms at the Brooklyn Bridge station. I never said they would do it again.

Archived