Transportation Management

Harry

Are they any members on this forum that want to get into the MTA with a job in management. There seems to be quite a few members here that are finishing college and would be perfect for management associate positions.

I always wanted to have a career in transportation management but it didn't happen that way. ;)

Try for a management type job at the smaller transportation agencies, and then with any luck you can leap frog around, filling a resume, moving onto bigger operations, then make the move to the (MTA). If you look through all the top (MTA) brass, many have done time elsewhere..

Check out this site, they have a jobs section too..

http://www.masstransitmag.com/

Are they any members on this forum that want to get into the MTA with a job in management. There seems to be quite a few members here that are finishing college and would be perfect for management associate positions.:(

Personally, I'm just not all that into appointed positions in any type of agency: mayoral, gubernatorial, federal, etc. Virtually all of these agencies do not like people who "rock the boat," so to speak. Being appointed is almost like being on indefinite probation, and anything from an error in judgment to a poor impression on a superior can cause you to lose your position faster than you can imagine. And managers at (MTA) have to withstand a lot of negativity, both internally and externally (especially the press), from what I gather.

What power does the Chair/CEO actually have? Does he/she have veto rights? Is his/her authority absolute?

• 4 months later...
Are they any members on this forum that want to get into the MTA with a job in management. There seems to be quite a few members here that are finishing college and would be perfect for management associate positions.

I always wanted to have a career in transportation management but it didn't happen that way. :P

I DO!!!!...Im in my JR year of college I've always wanted to work in operations management for(MTA) or (NJT)

Archived