Accompanied train operators

Eastman346

I have been seeing alot of train operators with another person sometimes with a vest and sometimes with out in the cab. I'm thinking it could be training or just giving a fellow employee a ride. Are MTA employees allowed to ride in the cab with the train operator?

I have been seeing alot of train operators with another person sometimes with a vest and sometimes with out in the cab. I'm thinking it could be training or just giving a fellow employee a ride. Are MTA employees allowed to ride in the cab with the train operator?

You have new train operators in Schoolcar so thats what you are seeing..

You will see a lot more of that beacuse they have one or two new classes in training now..

You have new train operators in Schoolcar so thats what you are seeing..

You will see a lot more of that beacuse they have one or two new classes in training now..

I thought it was that but I wanted it confirmed first. I also thought of supervisors and the like.

What's up with the safety vests? Is it a choice thing. I see some T/O's using it and some don't.

Those in training possibly must wear them. Those that are T/Os already possibly must wear them when leaving the train (to the tracks), and are about the tracks/trackway. Alot of personnel use the vests. Most if not all in the DOS (Department of Subways), and some in the DOB. When a B/O gets shifter qualified you are assigned a vest (they make you sign paperwork saying you got one). I do have one. Soon I'll have two. Some of the DOB higher ups have them also, for when they are walking about the yard. Some have cool neon colored arm/leg bands instead of vests. You want to be seen.

Wearing the Vest is by choice unless you are required to go onto the Roadbed or working Platfrom Duty. I personally don't wear my vest more then I have too. When I do a put in out of the Yard the vest comes off once I finish my walk around the train.

Like what was said before the only people riding with the T/O are Supervisors or Students and Police for investigations.

Any room in the schoolcar program for a motivated 46 year old? I can still see and hear pretty well.

Remember 25 and 55. Not either or. If another test comes out, I say go for it. Just remember to collect a full pension if you get hired at about 50yrs old, you will be 55 in 5 years, but still will have to do another 20 years from that, to fully collect from MTA. You will be around 75+/-yrs old.

Archived