Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
N-Trizzy2609

Rainny Day Railfanning

Excellent catch on the ALP-46 with the front pantograph! If you railfanned on Wed, then we should've gone together b/c I was really bored at Newport.

Great vid! Bloody hell, I still recall the water splashing at the refuse bins over at Broad, sounded like a waterfall. You still remember that LRV blowing smoke at the Broad Street shunt point?

I'll upload my pics some time

Great vid! Bloody hell, I still recall the water splashing at the refuse bins over at Broad, sounded like a waterfall. You still remember that LRV blowing smoke at the Broad Street shunt point?

I'll upload my pics some time

You were at Broad St station? I so should've gone with you to railfan the rest of the M&E and maybe even the Gladstone Branch!

Nice stuff:tup:.

That Cat has been roaming the coastline for the entire week. There is also supposedly an FH down in Bayhead but I"m not sure if went back or not, we also had a rare CNJ Geep visitor this past week.

You were at Broad St station? I so should've gone with you to railfan the rest of the M&E and maybe even the Gladstone Branch!

Nick and I were there. We took the PATH from WTC to Newark, railfanned there and took the NLR to Broad, then the train to NYP.

Why do they call it a Shave and Haircut and Wash and Shampoo?

A shave and haircut: A term to describe the wind or sonic boom cause by a high speed train. It is described as blowing the hair of somebody's head.

Now a wash and shampoo is a term I made up...I hope ;) Just look out for a speeding train in the rain, it will soak you!!! Beware of the Arrow III!!!

A shave and haircut: A term to describe the wind or sonic boom cause by a high speed train. It is described as blowing the hair of somebody's head.

Now a wash and shampoo is a term I made up...I hope ;) Just look out for a speeding train in the rain, it will soak you!!! Beware of the Arrow III!!!

Understandable. Thanks!

:septa: