How Was The Nostalgia Trip? Put You're Photos Here

Maserati7200

Hey everyone. Unfortunately I could not go on the nostalgia trip today, so tell me how it was, and if you have photos, post them all here. I figured it's better having one thread with everybody's pictures than multiple threads on the same thing with one person's pictures.

Too many kids yelling and screaming like they never seen a train before, I got pushed and shoved. To me it was a snooze fest. 207st was cool looking at all the work going on with the subway cars, you got to see some 40's getting ready for there swim, it poured it was an ugly day and to make it worse we were held up at 59st for at least 1/2 hour because of smoke conditions at canal street. I wish I could have gotten off but I left my car next to the transit museum.

Whatever.. I try :(

I just think it would be better having one thread than 5 different threads on the same thing. Because people are definitely gonna post pictures, so they might as well be in one spot..

ya but wat if a pic suxxs:p

jk

Meh let em make there topic and use this for enjoyment!=]

Too many kids yelling and screaming like they never seen a train before, I got pushed and shoved. To me it was a snooze fest. 207st was cool looking at all the work going on with the subway cars, you got to see some 40's getting ready for there swim, it poured it was an ugly day and to make it worse we were held up at 59st for at least 1/2 hour because of smoke conditions at canal street. I wish I could have gotten off but I left my car next to the transit museum.

wait! wat time was it that the train got to Jay st aka the Arnies

I went on it and it was great! It was nice to see dumbfounded people scream and attempt to get on the train when it just FLEW outta the platform :(

But then again, there was hardly anywhere to get food at 207, AND IT WAS POURING at that time, so.... yea.....

I went on it and it was great! It was nice to see dumbfounded people scream and attempt to get on the train when it just FLEW outta the platform :(

But then again, there was hardly anywhere to get food at 207, AND IT WAS POURING at that time, so.... yea.....

yea it was funny to see there reaction, but i had dudes on my car screaming out the window "out of service" and spitting all over me, by the way which one were you?

yea it was funny to see there reaction, but i had dudes on my car screaming out the window "out of service" and spitting all over me, by the way which one were you?

Ohhh.... um..... I was one of the people in the front screaming "Not in Service" lol... I was that Asian kid at the seat at the very front window on the side leaving 207 shop.

Ohhh.... um..... I was one of the people in the front screaming "Not in Service" lol... I was that Asian kid at the seat at the very front window on the side leaving 207 shop.

lol you werent on top of me screaming that so its cool, i pm'd you

Umm...next time leave the handling of the public to the train crew, RTO employees, and museum/RPC staff, just a word to the wise.

Everyone enjoyed the ride but I saw at least a few people who would have enjoyed it more had certain people not been behaving a certain way..

And I will leave it at that

Umm...next time leave the handling of the public to the train crew, RTO employees, and museum/RPC staff, just a word to the wise.

Everyone enjoyed the ride but I saw at least a few people who would have enjoyed it more had certain people not been behaving a certain way..

And I will leave it at that

ya like do u think all of the TA workers will handle it in each car, i did it once, for TOMC an 96 with ma friendz.. and none of the workers in one of the R33 said nothing from the (1) that was is the station

btw i already knew the route anyways :(

ya like do u think all of the TA workers will handle it in each car, i did it once, for TOMC an 96 with ma friendz.. and none of the workers in one of the R33 said nothing from the (1) that was is the station

Yes, they do. Also announcements are made on the platform and plenty of people wearing vests answer questions. These things are well staffed and people's questions/uncertainties get answered. No need to yell out the window of a speeding train. People will figure it out when it skips the station just like a battery run. If it stops, then of course their questions get answered.

btw i already knew the route anyways :(

Hey if you can get it from someone else fine but like I said I keep everything on the DL for these trips because too many buffs don't support the museum by buying a ticket, complain that not enough equipment is saved etc. but yet they aren't members, they don't support the museum, they don't pay to go on trips, they just get out their cameras and burn gas chasing it around all day. Not saying you just in general and I think that's BS...because if people don't step up to save and preserve and maintain this stuff it will be gone forever and that's the end of that...

Hey if you can get it from someone else fine but like I said I keep everything on the DL for these trips because too many buffs don't support the museum by buying a ticket, complain that not enough equipment is saved etc. but yet they aren't members, they don't support the museum, they don't pay to go on trips, they just get out their cameras and burn gas chasing it around all day. Not saying you just in general and I think that's BS...because if people don't step up to save and preserve and maintain this stuff it will be gone forever and that's the end of that...

So they don't check if you have a ticket for the trip? Why?

Everyone's wearing a wristband on the trip... They do notice things, such as when the train was at 34th Street, a man just ran on the train before the doors closed and they told him to GET OFF.

On the trip, when we got back an hour and 15 mins early, an employee asked us why we're there when we're unauthorized. I kept explaining to him that we're with a tour, but he was like: wut? Just so you know, they do check for wristbands for the people who get on at 81st Street..

So they don't check if you have a ticket for the trip? Why?

Every person boarding the train is checked for identification that they've paid at every point during the trip.

On Sunday:

-Passengers who did not pay could not get into the museum (outside of the lobby)

-Passengers who did not pay could certainly not board the train

-Passengers who did not have wristbands could not get into the yard

-Passengers at 81st St could not get on the train without wristbands

-Passengers who saw the train stopped at 59th, 42nd, 34th, etc. and did not have wristbands could not board the train. Those without wristbands were allowed to exist and re-enter at those stations.

Every person boarding the train is checked for identification that they've paid at every point during the trip.

On Sunday:

-Passengers who did not pay could not get into the museum (outside of the lobby)

-Passengers who did not pay could certainly not board the train

-Passengers who did not have wristbands could not get into the yard

-Passengers at 81st St could not get on the train without wristbands

-Passengers who saw the train stopped at 59th, 42nd, 34th, etc. and did not have wristbands could not board the train. Those without wristbands were allowed to exist and re-enter at those stations.

Maybe I misinterpreted your post but you said "they don't pay to go on trips" so I thought you meant they go on the trips but don't pay.

There was a delay at 59th Street that held us up for about half an hour about some police investigation at Canal that required them to shut off power. That delay happened for a reason, if you ask me.

Archived