Second Platform at Shea Stadium Station

lilbluefoxie

It is used for Express trains to Manhattan after Mets games; I used it last Monday after a Mets game.

Before anyone asks, yes, I was at Citi. My girlfriend is a Mets fan (poor unfortunate soul), and I surprised her with Mets tickets.

The last US Open I attended (2001 or 2002) It was closed off and the staircase wasnt even useable, half of the steps were broken or missing

I think he means the side platform on the Flushing-bound local track.

100_0800.jpg

The one on the left here, right? (Picture is my own)

No, this is the LIRR platform down on the other side of CS depot/corona yard he is talking about. The used platform is right across tracks from the yard. to the south is the unused platform.

0.jpg

Off to the right in that photo

- A

No, this is the LIRR platform down on the other side of CS depot/corona yard he is talking about. The used platform is right across tracks from the yard. to the south is the unused platform.

0.jpg

Off to the right in that photo

- A

Again, why would they use it? The station is even closed entirely when there are no Mets games or when the US Open isn't on.

Again, why would they use it? The station is even closed entirely when there are no Mets games or when the US Open isn't on.

Access to flushing meadows corona park? Despite the slightly run down state of the world's fair stuff it's still a nice park. Hey, even the overly decorative forrest hills LIRR station has many trains that bypass it.

- A

Archived