Jobless NYC Woman Sues College For $70K In Tuition

FlushingExpress

There are jobs out there, less than there were a few years ago in some industries but you can still get one if you have some talent. This woman probably has none and she's a lazy f**ker....a degree just isn't good enough anymore on it's own! I bet she isn't doing a thing to even find herself a job, she's relying totally on them.

Read the linked PDF file in my previous post. According to the court documents she's claiming that she has looked for a job on her own.

I dont want to hear that there are NO JOBS out there, there are plenty of IT jobs around, I am a contractor and self employed and recruiters are still calling me all of the time trying to fill positions.

Yup, there are plenty of jobs. Just gotta know where to look and use any hook to get in.

You guys live in the same New York as I do. :confused:

There are jobs out there, less than there were a few years ago in some industries but you can still get one if you have some talent.

I would agree with this statement the most. :tup:

I would just change less to much less.

I dont want to hear that there are NO JOBS out there, there are plenty of IT jobs around, I am a contractor and self employed and recruiters are still calling me all of the time trying to fill positions.

Wow I think I actually have to side with you here. Yah the recruiters call me all the time. I did a WaMu conversion project and my current job with Dell was through a recruitment agency. Also I know a guy who owns a travel office. I'm constantly in there servicing his computers. Sorry Harry =/

Wow I think I actually have to side with you here. Yah the recruiters call me all the time. I did a WaMu conversion project and my current job with Dell was through a recruitment agency. Also I know a guy who owns a travel office. I'm constantly in there servicing his computers. Sorry Harry =/

Again as i stated before there are jobs out there despite the recession. The big Problem is that many people in this country are getting HS/College degrees in fields that have outdated w/ no jobs such as manfrucating or other jobs that is overcrowded. This is where i put some blame on society especially many HS and College Job Counselors who care little about their students they suppose to help and instead lead them to carrers like nursing/health care and computer progarmming.

This is where job counselors and others helping our young adults need to advise them of carrers in area not known to the public such as in health care and the sciences instead of traditional '20th Century' jobs such as Doctors, Atttorneys, Mechaincs, etc..:confused:

People also need to work on internships, they have a good chance of turning into jobs. My current job with the NYC Dept of Education (well Board of Education for now) came from me doing an internship with the Department of Education. Lots of people are surprised when they find out I only finished High School yet work in the DOE.

People also need to work on internships, they have a good chance of turning into jobs. My current job with the NYC Dept of Education (well Board of Education for now) came from me doing an internship with the Department of Education. Lots of people are surprised when they find out I only finished High School yet work in the DOE.

Internships dont always work either. I was an intern at the ABC-TV Albany, NY station and WRNN-TV(Regional News network) to get in TV News Biz.

You guys live in the same New York as I do. :confused

Just going off personal experience man...I currently hold one job full time and one part time, and could be full time at either if I wanted. Also been offered a third job I turned down within the last 6 months, and was offered a 4th almost 2 years ago that I didn't take

The thing is most people want a job in their major or what they studied. If they can't be flexible and adapt, or take the time to find things that interest them outside the mainstream, then they're going to be disappointed by what they find (or rather, don't) out there.

Just my (2)(C)

Well I haven't looked for a job in almost 15 years. I've been very fortunate to have enough work to go around for myself (too much at times). I will now take myself out of this discussion which I apparently know nothing about. ;)

Considering the amount of people that don't know the difference between the computer tower and the CPU, I think you should be good. ;) You should send me a few of those my way ;) Could always use the extra cash for Beer money ;)

Well I haven't looked for a job in almost 15 years. I've been very fortunate to have enough work to go around for myself (too much at times). I will now take myself out of this discussion which I apparently know nothing about. ;)

Well hey that's good, if you're happy and never have to look. Maybe if you had worked at Monroe college you could have given her career advice about keeping a job, not just landing one ;)

Archived