R46's are back on the (V)

S78 via Hylan

thay never left even when the (V) went to smee they still maintained some sets of 46s does the jamaica yard have enough smee left to have all 13 sets of (V)s be smee i dont think so and so they will always be some sets of 46s on the (V)

Not news to me, since the R46s are still on the (V), they are Just running R40M/42, R32, and 1-2 sets of R46

Okay, The (V) has:

2-3 trainsets of R32's

8-10 R40M/42 mixes

3-4(currentley the number will increse as each SMEE gets sent for reefing) R46's

Currently they are striping the Mods so ride them while you can.

Okay, The (V) has:

2-3 trainsets of R32's

8-10 R40M/42 mixes

3-4(currentley the number will increse as each SMEE gets sent for reefing) R46's

Currently they are striping the Mods so ride them while you can.

Bloomberg's campaign announcement makes it seem like the (F) will get all the R160s with CBTC Signalling.

The (V) has all the old cars now right?

The (F) can be made CBTC for only the express subway cars and the local will be R46? I take it by the time CBTC Will be implemented there will be enough R160's for the express line.

(F) express from Forest Hills to Manhattan would be nice with CBTC.

Bloomberg's campaign announcement makes it seem like the (F) will get all the R160s with CBTC Signalling.

The (F) can be made CBTC for only the express subway cars and the local will be R46? I take it by the time CBTC Will be implemented there will be enough R160's for the express line.

CBTC on the QB is a long way off.the next line that's gonna get CBTC is the

(7) line.

CBTC on the QB is a long way off.the next line that's gonna get CBTC is the

(7) line.

Ahh so by that time (F) will be fully R160 as will the (E). Theoretically if they both are then they could add CBTC to the (E) as well perhaps unless there are other issues involved.

This wouldnt have anything to do with replacement of the QB express tracks would it?

Ahh so by that time (F) will be fully R160 as will the (E). Theoretically if they both are then they could add CBTC to the (E) as well perhaps unless there are other issues involved.

If it's on the QB EXP then the both the (E) and (F) could use CBTC.

This wouldnt have anything to do with replacement of the QB express tracks would it?

Don't know if it has anything to do with the replacement of the QB express tracks.the MTA is still working out the bugs on CBTC being used on the (L).

No, that's just routine track work.

CBTC would be for both the (E) and (F) but this is a long, I mean a long way off. This would be around 2015 or even later.

There are no plans for CBTC in the near future for any other line except the (7).

Don't expect the QBL express to get CBTC that quickly. At the speed of which the MTA is going, count on 50 years. 25 if you're lucky.

Archived