Best MABSTOA depot

LandoftheLost

Well Kingsbridge is still the home of the Dawgs, and gots nuttin new in that Orion VII NG order. It is hands down the worst in OA, and I would say now has a running for worst in the MTA system. At least LGA has newer buses........

Actually Gun Hill have stepped up their game.....I can't say the same for West Farms and Kingsbridge!

I dont lik Gun Hill as much, they still dont know how to maintain cleanness of there Buses. I was on an WB Bx42 at 11Pm last nite and the bus had ma bottles/garbage on the floor and windows all open while AC was on like wtf? :confused:

West Farms is clean with there buses for most of it, and of course KB yes

@R32 B Train You have to be supsfic of course since there are 5 Depots of the Bronx, MCH(Currently Rehab), AMS, WF, KB, GH. Unless u mean KB, WF, GH?

I also like Manhattanville besides WF, AMS and little of GH

Actually Gun Hill have stepped up their game.....I can't say the same for West Farms and Kingsbridge!

We will see what happens after those 78 NGs hit KB (which could happen by months end). I saw them doing training this morning and the bus hadn't been jacked up so its a sign of things to come. WF is the real mess with those 76-7800s whitebacked and lookin dirty and old as hell.

They really need to just make AMS Manhattan Division at this point and IMO with the all hybrid fleet and decent B/o's is the best

Why would I like MJQ thier bus drivers are slow as hell. Even with good road to go fast over the Queensboro on the Q32 they are no faster than a walk over the Queensboro

That is a load of crap. MJQ buses are governed at 65, I had an operator on 8628 and that bus did 60 along that bridge. Also had an M6 NG and RTS and they were fast as hell along Broadway, along with some M9 operators that i've had over the past month or so. And I got the videos to show proof.

You might want to check out the other routes, runs and drivers.

That is a load of crap. MJQ buses are governed at 65, I had an operator on 8628 and that bus did 60 along that bridge. Also had an M6 NG and RTS and they were fast as hell along Broadway, along with some M9 operators that i've had over the past month or so. And I got the videos to show proof.

You might want to check out the other routes, runs and drivers.

Maybe the drivers I keep having are probies

We will see what happens after those 78 NGs hit KB (which could happen by months end). I saw them doing training this morning and the bus hadn't been jacked up so its a sign of things to come. WF is the real mess with those 76-7800s whitebacked and lookin dirty and old as hell.

Just like the couples I have been seeing lately on the platforms, white backs are attracting alot of black backs..........

• 8 years later...

THAT GUY AT NINE HUNDRED EAST ONE HUNDRED THIRTY SECOND STREET, BRONX, NEW YORK ONE O FOUR FIVE FOUR, aka WALNUT! I worked at the depot from 1989 to 1990. I was on the 2nd floor at the Surface Training Center, the supervisor had me on the computers next to the 6V71 & 6V92 engines that was on display for training. Everytime I saw rooks in classes, they learned the techniques of troubleshooting. Some of these graduates went over to KB & GH, while others went back to Brooklyn. But it was also depending on "where you live" at. Some of the drivers had hazmat training classes that I would input them for their assigned depot. 5 of those stood in Walnut, while the rest went to Amsterdam, Hudson Pier and 146th Street Depots. One of the drivers who drops me everyday at my stop, gave me a Walnut Depot cap, which i kept until 2001.

Walnut Depot will always be loved and never forgotten

• 7 months later...

Now if I was to pick the 7 current ones, Hale has some of the quick performing drivers that is available. If you are riding the M1 or the M7, you’re in luck. M15SBS, you’re going somewhere. M35? Idk. 

The worst of all time was MJQ (ex-Westside). Some of their routes before (the M10) was the slowest route. Even before they split the M10 into two (10/20), the M20 was even slower. It took me from 42nd to 34th Sts in 1/2 hour. Until they started the improvements.

KB? I’m not even gonna go there with them. The KB of the late 90s was the worst when they ran the Bx36. 

GH in the late 90s wasn’t too far neither. The Bx4 & 26 was the worst routes based on assigned buses. Most of the older RTS buses broke down (mainly the 3500s & the 4000s) the 9000s was the workhorses before they “grew up”. 

Whoever’s 💡 was it to open WS back in 1998, should’ve waited until at least 2K, but no! What they should’ve done was open the depot with brand spanking new fleets. 

AM in the late 90s had long trips but was a fierce Depot. Their domination of the M104 beat any depot that has it now. If AM grew, I swear, they would be a dominant depot. Add Artics and Hybrids of the same make. 

5 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

M35?

M35 is often ass in manhattan with all the huge volumes of cars and pedestrians. In randalls, it flows smoothly (of course).

5 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

the M20 was even slower.

M20 still sucks LOL. In the FiDi and BPC it's alright (gets hung up on the loopy routing and all the red lights), and from chambers to around  23 Street (save for Houston) it's pretty good. Anything north of there, you might as well walk...

33 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

M35 is often ass in manhattan with all the huge volumes of cars and pedestrians. In randalls, it flows smoothly (of course).

M20 still sucks LOL. In the FiDi and BPC it's alright (gets hung up on the loopy routing and all the red lights), and from chambers to around  23 Street (save for Houston) it's pretty good. Anything north of there, you might as well walk...

You right about the M35. The M20, my last years as a messenger, really sucks, you right as well. Somebody’s package got there late bc of slow asses