For all train operators on the 4 and 5 line

cdi919

Here's a heads up to all the operators on the 4/5 lines. i am a flagger and have been flagging for contractors that are installing station timers on 2 and 3 track from 86 to 59 streets. this is a test program that in ta's view would have trains running closer together. IF it works they are going to wire up the express tracks with station timers from 86 to brooklyn bridge. which will make the lex the slowest express tracks in the system.

Sounds like a heck of a choice. Keep trains how they are now and have a nice express run, or make them slower and keep them closer. This leads me to believe that any new trackage that is built will definitely be timered, even if it is a straight stretch of track.

Every time they slow it down they have to put more trains on the line to maintain the same service levels.

Simple example: A shuttle. Two stations.

It takes 5 minutes to go between stations. They want to run a 5 minute interval. Two trains are therefore needed.

Now, timers are put in and it takes 10 minutes. They still want to run a 5 minute interval. Now 4 trains are needed.

See?

The best way to cut costs is faster service, provided it's safe, which Lexington Avenue is

Here's a heads up to all the operators on the 4/5 lines. i am a flagger and have been flagging for contractors that are installing station timers on 2 and 3 track from 86 to 59 streets. this is a test program that in ta's view would have trains running closer together. IF it works they are going to wire up the express tracks with station timers from 86 to brooklyn bridge. which will make the lex the slowest express tracks in the system.

During the rush it already is the slowest. The Lexington Ave. Crawl. I'm coming up with dance steps, to make it an official dance............

Every one do the Lexington Ave. Crawl...........

well if you think thats bad the new signals are being wired in on the dyre line during the past 2 weekend GO's. ATS will soon see the dark territory. its going to get to a point where you are going to have to operate according to rule no matter what. but F it let them pay late clears no lunch's every day.

well if you think thats bad the new signals are being wired in on the dyre line during the past 2 weekend GO's. its going to get to a point where you are going to have to operate according to rule no matter what. but F it let them pay late clears no lunch's every day.

I'm in it for the denaros.......

ATS will soon see the dark territory.

Is that the same as caucasians and others who are non black, hispanic, and black-spanic going to Harlem to shop and live?????

This is scary as hell right here. I pray that this experiment fails. The (4) and (5) are already slow at times. They don't need to be any slower than they already are. Good God almighty those people in the MTA just don't get it do they?

its not about speed its just about moving more people. they could care less if its slow and you suffer.

The time it takes for you to get from one place to another DRASTICALLY affects the amount of people who take the subway. If a bus can travel faster than the train, then you'd rather be off taking the bus now wouldn't you.

its going to get to a point where you are going to have to operate according to rule no matter what. but F it let them pay late clears no lunch's every day.

I wish that you all would operate according to rule, no matter what - it would make my life so much easier;) Of course, I'd lose the morning "let's laugh at the idiots out there" break, but it would be worth it.

I wish that you all would operate according to rule, no matter what - it would make my life so much easier;) Of course, I'd lose the morning "let's laugh at the idiots out there" break, but it would be worth it.

Now you know there has been rumor to eliminate the TSS position. If we all operate according to the rules, that will tell the hire ups who hate the TSS title, that you all aren't needed on the road, and well schoolcar is all you will be used for, possibly part time, when classes are coming out.........

once ATS is working the way they want ta does not need tss's because they can have rci's with no connection to the road crews inspect the train. a tss is just a train operator that passed a test and fills out more paper work. the way ta is going in the future all there will be is rcc, terminal dispatchers, and the new title they want subway operators and of course rci's.

Archived