Eastchester Depot. Which Buses is getting scrapped?

tkx2510

IMG00278.jpg

IMG00279.jpg

IMG00294.jpg

IMG00295.jpg

IMG00296.jpg

First time i see a long Island bus coming to Eastchester depot to get taking apart!!!

IMG00293.jpg

IMG00286.jpg

Hey I remember those fleet number 8044. I remember thats same bus use to run under by West Farms Depot in the Bronx before and it went back to MTA Bus Company to run under by Far Rockaway Depot in Queens for its final run before they retired that bus. And now is back in the Bronx to get scrapped after a 20 year run.

IMG00287-1.jpg

IMG00285.jpg

No wonder why those 1994 TMC RTS is off the East NY Depot Roster. Is getting scraped. It look like it could get another run for the next couple of years.But thats its final run and now it is about to retire after a 15 year run.

IMG00289.jpg

This one is from Manhattanville Depot.

IMG00288-1.jpg

I guess this bus was running under by Flatbush depot throughout those years.

IMG00284.jpg

IMG00280.jpg

Baisley Park Depot in queens and its final run.

IMG00292.jpg

CS Depot in Queens and its final run.

so many buses there even LI Orion 5 CNG, great pics, wats the address of this depot? might head up there some day next week

Eastchester is located at Conner Street and Tillotson Avenue, a ten-minute walk from the Eastchester/Dyre Avenue station (walk east on East 233rd Street, turn right on Provost Avenue, continue down Provost as it becomes Conner Street, and cross I-95.)

The depot has been full of dead Orion V CNGs from LI Bus for a while now, as they've been displaced by the NG CNGs.

Eastchester is located at Conner Street and Tillotson Avenue, a ten-minute walk from the Eastchester/Dyre Avenue station (walk east on East 233rd Street, turn right on Provost Avenue, continue down Provost as it becomes Conner Street, and cross I-95.)

The depot has been full of dead Orion V CNGs from LI Bus for a while now, as they've been displaced by the NG CNGs.

Thanks, although can this depot hold a lot of buses, where do the scrapped ones head since theres gotta be a capacity limit

is that 8690 or 8699 in that pic?

I think its 8699 from East New York. Looking by the side of the bus, it looks like it.

Nice Pics! Sad to see 302 & 8044 there :cry::tdown:

Those LIB CNGs must be the 100 buses that were replaced by the NG CNGs.

The buses with license plates on them are a contingency fleet and can still be recalled to service; the point of housing them at ECH is for a central storage lot.

The buses with license plates removed are awaiting sale (or have already been sold) to a scrap dealer; every LIB unit at ECH is awaiting sale for scrap (and likely was towed there over the Throgs Neck).

I like the TTMG roster over the UTCNY one, except that UTC included all the out of service buses at all the storage locations.

For instance, I've been noticing the 8600 graveyard behind Fresh Pond between the (M) tracks and wondering what that was about.

I remember when 8044 was unrepowered and ran on the Bx19 when it was from Mother Hale.

Oh word? I didn't know the same 8044 ran on MotherHale Depot when it ran under Bx19, Bx31,& Bx33 route at the time before it got sent to the (MTA)Bus company under either by either JFK, LGA, Baisely Depot or Spring Creek Depot and back in the Bronx as NYC Bus to West Farms Depot. Then I guess it ran on the Bx19, Bx31 & the Bx33 for the first time in 8 years in 2008 as a West Farm Depot, then that same bus went back to the (MTA)Bus Company and made it final run on Far Rockaway Depot in Queens, and now is back in The Bronx at Easchester Depot to get scrapped.

Archived