8/6-9th Ave/West End (N)(D) + (N) Train Horror Story + Bonus

Sea Beach

So I went to 9th Ave today to get some shots for the (N) G.O and some (D). I was taking a pic of an R160 (N) and the passengers start saying "Look its a terrorist!" and one said "No,maybe hes just trying to get a pic of a girl". One of the passengers get off the train,an Irish man. He starts call me all differnet names like "Deranged Crazy Lunatic" and that I need to leave. I simply ignored all this and continued taking pics. As he sees this,he tells everyone in the train that everyone should get off the train cause I was gonna do something to it. This took place in the last car,Manhattan Bound and this train was held at 9 ave for 5 mins. So now everyone from the last car is now on the platform and there all staring me and saying all stupid crap. So now I smply started to laugh in all there faces and I called them fools. then the 'Stand Clear" announcement came on and they all ran back on the train! I waited for another (N) to come and I got on that and went home.

Heres the pics:

Picture201.jpg

Picture202-1.jpg

Picture203-1.jpg

Picture204-1.jpg

Picture205-1.jpg

Picture206-1.jpg

Picture207-1.jpg

Bonus: New Tracks laid up at Ft Ham-Sea Beach

Picture208-1.jpg

Picture209-1.jpg

Enjoy! :P

Your Images passes the 1024x786 mark: 2276px × 1707px, and it violates the forum rules.

So you rly need to resize next time

On the other hand Nice pics

Im wondering if the MTA is no longer using wood for outside tracks..

Your Images passes the 1024x786 mark: 2276px × 1707px, and it violates the forum rules.

Does it really matter though since the forum resizes them, or will it take longer to load?

lol nice pics and crazy story.

The only abnormal thing that happened to me on the (N) is the "Happy Train" guy, twice... in so many years of regularly riding it.

Thanks! ;)

LOL,I wish that would happen more often!

Very nice shots and the (N) and (D) Lines, Vinny, B)!

And those people who are calling you this is basically panicky midgets!

Thanks! :)

Yup,things like this will always happen in a post-9/11 world.

I dont think it does since it got automaticlly resized

Thanks! :)

Does it really matter though since the forum resizes them, or will it take longer to load?

I dont think it does,like u said,it resizes it itself

Were you at 62nd Street taking pictures as well? I saw someone on the Manhattan-bound side photographing a R160 (N) coming in on the middle track. (I was on the (D) going toward Coney Island.)

No,I didnt take any pics at 62st.

It does matter. The large photo loads first, then the forum automatically resizes.

I dont think so....

The forum does not resize the images, it simply "shrinks" it when displayed but the full sized image is downloaded and displayed before it's "shrunk". This increases loading times since images larger than 1024x768 tend to have a big file size. When you have 10+ pictures it starts to add up.

The forum does not resize the images, it simply "shrinks" it when displayed but the full sized image is downloaded and displayed before it's "shrunk". This increases loading times since images larger than 1024x768 tend to have a big file size. When you have 10+ pictures it starts to add up.

OK, that makes sense. Good thing my crappy phone camera is sized to 640x480 anyway.

Turn off your flash next time.....

I only used it once and it was in that pic where the guy was pointing at me,and the lady was looking at me after what was going on,I did it on purpose cause of what he and the other pasengers were doing to me.

Don't use flash, not only is it not allowed but it makes your picture taking more discreet. Those passengers should go STFU and get laid. As for the pics, you did a pretty good job. As for the size, since you're uploading to Photobucket, it's easier for you. When you upload there is a drop-down box under the upload box detailing the size you want Photobucket to change the pics to after uploading. Just change that from 1024 by 768 to 800 by 600 and you're fine.

Don't use flash, not only is it not allowed but it makes your picture taking more discreet. Those passengers should go STFU and get laid. As for the pics, you did a pretty good job. As for the size, since you're uploading to Photobucket, it's easier for you. When you upload there is a drop-down box under the upload box detailing the size you want Photobucket to change the pics to after uploading. Just change that from 1024 by 768 to 800 by 600 and you're fine.

I know,I only used flash like I said in the other post in that one pic cause of what was going on. Otherwise,I never use flash in the subway.

Hahahaha.

Thank You! :D

yes,I have the setting on 1024 x 768 now,it was higher before but now its fixed.

I only used it once and it was in that pic where the guy was pointing at me,and the lady was looking at me after what was going on,I did it on purpose cause of what he and the other pasengers were doing to me.

That guy looks like a troll and that girl looks mad dumb eating a candy ring. People are pathetic. OH NOES HES TAKING PEEKTURS OF TRAIN! HE IS GOING TO GIVE PEEKTURES TO USAMA BIN LADEN AND THEY WILL NOW KNOW WHAT OUR TRAINS ARE SHAPED LIKE!

That guy looks like a troll and that girl looks mad dumb eating a candy ring. People are pathetic. OH NOES HES TAKING PEEKTURS OF TRAIN! HE IS GOING TO GIVE PEEKTURES TO USAMA BIN LADEN AND THEY WILL NOW KNOW WHAT OUR TRAINS ARE SHAPED LIKE!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, if I was to blow up the subway, all I'd need is a subway map, conveniently located for pickup at the station booth!

hahaha,so true

wow man,it must had been really stupid of him to say such thing.maybe he was a crazy man? or just crazy about "terriorst activities?".the guy must have had some nerves to say that.especially thinking that its an terriost acitivity. btw great pics! nice rollsign pic!

wow man,it must had been really stupid of him to say such thing.maybe he was a crazy man? or just crazy about "terriorst activities?".the guy must have had some nerves to say that.especially thinking that its an terriost acitivity. btw great pics! nice rollsign pic!

It shows how people are generally followers and are easily led. This guy was probably pissed because he was in the frame of view when Vinster was taking his cool pics. Instead of being calm about it he does what alot of people like to do post 9/11 and went on a tirade about "terrorism" and had the whole car following his madness and led them off the train.

:tup:Thanks for the pics, they are nice minus the trolls in the last pic lol

You know, I've had problems at 9th Ave. too. When Henry, Stan and I were there taking pics some station cleaner or w/e kept criticizing us when we were taking pics. I have a pic of the guy going WTF:

DSCF4953.jpg

lol, We met up with this garbage train again at 62nd St. and once the guy passed us he was just shaking his head through the window...

No,hes a mental crazy person who needs help. lol

Thank You! :)

It shows how people are generally followers and are easily led. This guy was probably pissed because he was in the frame of view when Vinster was taking his cool pics. Instead of being calm about it he does what alot of people like to do post 9/11 and went on a tirade about "terrorism" and had the whole car following his madness and led them off the train.

:tup:Thanks for the pics, they are nice minus the trolls in the last pic lol

I know,and even one of the passengers said maybe I was taking pics of girls!!!

There were no girls around,just that ugly lady with that child in the West End pic! and that is so sick,how can even someone say such a thing!

Thank You! :)

LMAO

You know, I've had problems at 9th Ave. too. When Henry, Stan and I were there taking pics some station cleaner or w/e kept criticizing us when we were taking pics. I have a pic of the guy going WTF:

DSCF4953.jpg

lol, We met up with this garbage train again at 62nd St. and once the guy passed us he was just shaking his head through the window...

wow,LMFAO! I've had incidents with em to in the past!

Archived