NJ Transit track photo

Harry

• 1 month later...

I would guess at a station,probily matawaan.

Out of curiosity where did you take the photo? The tracks on the NJCL are Very HEAVILY traveled.

Eric

Yes they were in fact the North Jersey Coast Line rails in or around the Aberdeen-Matawan station that I photographed. I totally missed the replies in this thread and for that I apologize.

On my last trip here (08-12-07) I took two more photographs not paying attention to the date on them just the welded joints.

njcl_tracks2.jpg

njcl_tracks3.jpg

These are the exact same line North bound tracks just a couple of hundred yards from the first photograph I took. Notice the spring clips at this point on the line.

Hey Guys,

The track is located on what is called by NJ Transit as the Monmouth Running track. This is the siding for the trains to access the Monmouth Park Racetrack in Oceanport NJ on the NJCL or what was known as the NY&LB ( or the New York & Long Branch) (CNJ & PC). There is one track now that is used. The track with that section of rail dated 1926 was a second track for the trains to run around to the other end of the train back in the days before push-pull technology. I have more photos of the Monmouth Running Track on my rrpicturearchives.net page.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Archived