Incident on the (6)

LandoftheLost

i worked midnights on the 6 for 3 years and things like that happen all the time. it just does not make the news. also as a conductor on the 6 i can tell you the 142a does nothave a feature that remotely locks the stormdoors. i have seen people do the stupidest things on and around trains. for example leaning over the platform to see if the train is coming. first of all that does not make the train come faster, also trains run in both directions so you could get hit from behind. last year around christmas time a woman leaned over at 14st and got hit in the head by a 6 that pulled in. she got knocked back across the platform. blood every where and a train operator with nightmares. people need to use common sense. because it seems to be lacking with the majority of the riding public.

As a <6> T/O I see crazy things every trip especially on the Pelham Express I am a Uptown Express and people on the downtown platform stick there head and body over the platfrom edge on looking for a Manhattan bound Express train while I am flying in the station.:eek: I don't know how many times I had to sound the horn they look back at me with fear. I am starting to think I am going to make that as my own rule now blow the horn entering the Bronx Express stops.

I almost can't wait until 3 weeks from now I'm back in the BMT/IND.

As a <6> T/O I see crazy things every trip especially on the Pelham Express I am a Uptown Express and people on the downtown platform stick there head and body over the platfrom edge on looking for a Manhattan bound Express train while I am flying in the station.:eek: I don't know how many times I had to sound the horn they look back at me with fear. I am starting to think I am going to make that as my own rule now blow the horn entering the Bronx Express stops.

I almost can't wait until 3 weeks from now I'm back in the BMT/IND.

Some people are crazy man. "Oh, I see a bright light coming into the station, let me stick my head out into the tracks to see if it's a train coming". *facepalm*

Yeah you see some crazy stuff but you really see it on the (6) maybe its because we have the most ridership in the system. :confused:

In any case its not the same (6) Line I started on 9 years ago so I can't wait to leave.

The same happens a lot @ 4th Avenue on the (R) since the platform gets packed.

Archived